Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone in UK Heading For Birkdale QLD?

Anyone in UK Heading For Birkdale QLD?

Old Jul 22nd 2007, 11:22 am
Just Joined

shani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in UK Heading For Birkdale QLD?

?
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in UK Heading For Birkdale QLD?

Originally Posted by shani
?
I'm planning on heading to Cleveland but will be looking at surrounding suburbs. Why do you ask? Is that where you are heading?
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 8:08 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Because the original poster works for Ray White in Birkdale I think and is trying to drum up some business with expats.

Real Estate agents....sigh.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Because the original poster works for Ray White in Birkdale I think and is trying to drum up some business with expats.

Oh, that explains it then
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Pipers Mummy is on a distinguished road

LOL... she's pretty full on at the moment isn't she?????? In my experience, if you're good at your job as a real estate agent then recommendations come your way. Her posts are putting me off already, sorry Shani, it's just my opinion
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 11:40 pm
Just Joined

shani is an unknown quantity at this point

If you bothered reading the other threads - you would see I have given information which some of us would find helpful. Some of us !!!!!- who are already settled can become quite complacent as to how difficult many families find the move. My information is not for the settled Poms - its for our newbies - who need all the help offered.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:46 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shani
If you bothered reading the other threads - you would see I have given information which some of us would find helpful. Some of us !!!!!- who are already settled can become quite complacent as to how difficult many families find the move. My information is not for the settled Poms - its for our newbies - who need all the help offered.
I did actually. You have to admit though for someone who has been here 8 years your helpful posts *may* be taken to be just drumming up business. But maybe thats just me being suspicious of the motives of real estate agents who you have to admit dont exactly have the best reputation in the world.

Most posts offering assistance where the end result may be a financial benefit to the poster are not usually that welcome in this forum.

But thats not for me the decide, thats the moderators job, but I agree that the process of migration is difficult and the wealth of information on these boards was not only helpful to me some years ago but to the majority of posters who are in the process.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Bunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really nice

I can recommend quite a good pommie RE Agent from personal experience - he has also helped many of my pommie friends in the local area. - I'm sure he's made a few bob too but don't they all ? And no, I don't have any business relationships with Estate Agents.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

I did actually. You have to admit though for someone who has been here 8 years your helpful posts *may* be taken to be just drumming up business. But maybe thats just me being suspicious of the motives of real estate agents who you have to admit dont exactly have the best reputation in the world.

Most posts offering assistance where the end result may be a financial benefit to the poster are not usually that welcome in this forum.

But thats not for me the decide, thats the moderators job, but I agree that the process of migration is difficult and the wealth of information on these boards was not only helpful to me some years ago but to the majority of posters who are in the process.
To be fair, I've seen a few posters drumming up business on this forum in a much more shameless way. So far I don't think the OP has post anything to say the area she covers is the greatest and that you should use her if you're considering buying a house. She's offered some useful information to people who haven't been here or are new here. The only slightly off-putting thing might be that she had already posted a separate thread telling us her occupation and offering help. Perhaps she doesn't need this new one?

By pure coincidence I live in Birkdale too. So if anyone's heading for Birkdale and have questions about the area, I would also be happy to help.

Mrs JTL
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Pipers Mummy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
The only slightly off-putting thing might be that she had already posted a separate thread telling us her occupation and offering help. Perhaps she doesn't need this new one?

Mrs JTL
Exactly!
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 11:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pipers Mummy
Exactly!
But she doesn't deserve people jumping on her already! It's not nice. I don't know her but I'd like to think it's best to give her the benefit of the doubt especially when she's new to this forum.

Mrs JTL
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

Its a fine line, but the OP hasnt crossed it in my eyes.

Everyone deserves a fair crack of bettering themselves and reciprocal jestures are just one of those things.

I also see anyone making this move needs to network and get something out of it, its the way I work and need to as nobody will get nowhere if we dont all get along and work with each other.

Too many wealthy single minded in this world who would get happiness out of others down falls and preventing them progressing.