Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone tried hedgehog in their gutters???

Anyone tried hedgehog in their gutters???

Old Oct 15th 2006, 3:26 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone tried hedgehog in their gutters???

Hi due to the nature of our gutters and overhang don't think gutter guard will be the best choice.

Anyone tried hedgehog in theirs and what is your impression of it does it do the job?
Old Oct 15th 2006, 3:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone tried hedgehog in their gutters???

Originally Posted by annqldau
Hi due to the nature of our gutters and overhang don't think gutter guard will be the best choice.

Anyone tried hedgehog in theirs and what is your impression of it does it do the job?
Wouldn't echidna being easier to obtain in Aus?
Old Oct 15th 2006, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

cresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond repute

How about borrowing a chipmunk for a couple of hours
Old Oct 15th 2006, 7:59 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta's conscience
How about borrowing a chipmunk for a couple of hours
LOL! I'll send her round, she's good at that kind of work
Old Oct 15th 2006, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

It's expensive stuff innit?
Old Oct 15th 2006, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

cresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
It's expensive stuff innit?

Yeah pollyanna charges a couple of cartons of Cascade premium for every call out
Old Oct 15th 2006, 8:31 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by cresta's conscience
Yeah pollyanna charges a couple of cartons of Cascade premium for every call out
tee hee got to keep me and my chipmunk in beer somehow!
Old Oct 15th 2006, 9:01 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Be abit of a tight fit for the Hedgehog, wouldn't it? Not noisy enough with Possums?
Old Oct 16th 2006, 12:24 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Better Homes and Gardens tested different gutter guards on Friday, and hedgehog stuff got the thumbs up. look really easy to install compared to the other options
Old Oct 17th 2006, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by chels
Better Homes and Gardens tested different gutter guards on Friday, and hedgehog stuff got the thumbs up. look really easy to install compared to the other options
Cheers, after much thought on the idea have decided as the house is a split level the easiest option may be a walk across the roof with rope and harness and the leaf blower then it can be done every couple of months to blow out any leaves.

The hedgehog still sounds a good idea though.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 8:49 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers, after much thought on the idea have decided as the house is a split level the easiest option may be a walk across the roof with rope and harness and the leaf blower then it can be done every couple of months to blow out any leaves.

The hedgehog still sounds a good idea though.
I like that idea. Yes, there's hedgehog stuff on our rental and it's a breeze to sort out. Much better than anything we've had before.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by iPom
I like that idea. Yes, there's hedgehog stuff on our rental and it's a breeze to sort out. Much better than anything we've had before.
When I thought about it the problem with the hedgehog is still the you have to get up with a ladder to clean it when needed, so may as well bite the bullet and walk over the roof.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 10:21 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

When I thought about it the problem with the hedgehog is still the you have to get up with a ladder to clean it when needed, so may as well bite the bullet and walk over the roof.
You do but it's easy. I'd be more concerned about going through the roof myself... I probably weigh more than you do.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by iPom
You do but it's easy. I'd be more concerned about going through the roof myself... I probably weigh more than you do.
I walk where the rivets are so assume there are joists under there.

I know I enquired about it and started the thread but suppose the hedgehog would need same about of ladder movement or roof walking as blowing the leaves out.