Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone taking a dog from uk to aus - read this

Anyone taking a dog from uk to aus - read this

Old Jul 4th 2008, 9:46 am
Just Joined

nessy.h is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone taking a dog from uk to aus - read this

I have moved over to Australia and just thought id let anyone know who is thinking about bringing a pet with them an excellant company to use.
We have our dog in quarantine at the moment (he comes out on saturday 5th July) and I was really worried about brining him over, with the long haul flight and the quarantine stay, but to my astonishment he is absolutly fine. We have visited him a few times while he has been in there and the first time was a little upsetting as he was sure what was quite going on, but after that he as happy as larry on each visit, he really settled in well.
The company we used was a southern based company called Ladyhaye quarantine and boarding kennels (google it) the lady we dealed with was called sharon and I really cant speak highly enough of her and the company. When we originally started the process me and my husband were living in spain with the dog and we were going to fly him from spain, but then we decided to take him back to the UK and leave him with my parents whilst we got settled in Aus. We had to cancel soo many of his flights due to one reason or another and Ladyhaye were so accomadating, they would rearrange flights and paper work and speak to the vets on your behalf if need be.
When Archie (the dog) did eventually make it down to Heathrow (my parents live in manchester) Sharon went to see him and made sure he was ok and kept a check on his process right the wat thru to the other side til he landed in aus.
From start to finish Sharon and ladyhaye have been fantastic, they really care about your pet and reassure you as much as possible .

there details are Ladyhaye quarantine and boarding kennels
web address www.ladyhaye.co.uk
best person to speak to is sharon

nessyh
Old Jul 4th 2008, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

janinekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone taking a dog from uk to aus - read this

cheers for that info looks like milo is coming yay
Old Jul 5th 2008, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone taking a dog from uk to aus - read this

Smudge and Ella were released yesterday - I used PetAir and againn couldnt fault them, I'm not sure who Ella was arranged with.

But they both came out tails wagging.... Smudge has lost all his muscle tone due to no exercise but otherwise he is happy to be out!