Reload this Page >

Anyone in Sunbury, Victoria?

Anyone in Sunbury, Victoria?

Old Jan 9th 2014, 6:45 am
Just Joined

ClaireCol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in Sunbury, Victoria?

Hi
I am new to this site. My husband has a job in Caroline Springs and we are seriously considering Sunbury to live in. I have read a lot - quite a lot of it very positive and have spent some time there over a couple of days to try and get a feel for the place. We have come across a house to rent which is a walk into town but my question really is about primary schools. The nearest school which looks like a walk by crossing Macedon St and cutting across the green space is Goonawarra school - we would definitely need a second car to get to any other schools. I've read the data I can find on the school and about the new Principal, but can anyone help with personal experience/knowledge?! (Course it really doesn't help that it's holiday time and I would really like my 5 and 8 year old to start at the beginning of term!?)
Many thanks
Old Jan 9th 2014, 8:07 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Sunbury, Victoria?

Originally Posted by ClaireCol
Hi
I am new to this site. My husband has a job in Caroline Springs and we are seriously considering Sunbury to live in. I have read a lot - quite a lot of it very positive and have spent some time there over a couple of days to try and get a feel for the place. We have come across a house to rent which is a walk into town but my question really is about primary schools. The nearest school which looks like a walk by crossing Macedon St and cutting across the green space is Goonawarra school - we would definitely need a second car to get to any other schools. I've read the data I can find on the school and about the new Principal, but can anyone help with personal experience/knowledge?! (Course it really doesn't help that it's holiday time and I would really like my 5 and 8 year old to start at the beginning of term!?)
Many thanks
Hi ClaireCol and welcome to BE

I've moved your post from the welcome in as that's really just for introductions, and you are more likely to get replies to you request here in the Australia main forum. I'm afraid I can't help with info, but hopefully someone will be along soon
Old Jan 9th 2014, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

Evelynandco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone in Sunbury, Victoria?

Hello ClaireCol,

We live in Sunbury and enjoy living here. I don't know a lot about Goonawarra school but I do have a friend who sent her children there and loved it so much she didn't move them when she moved across town. I haven't actually heard anything bad about any of the Primary schools in Sunbury. Have you secured the rental? I don't know if things have changed at all since Sunbury grew all of a sudden so there is more housing available but a few years back you'd get several families trying for the same rental every time they became available. So good luck with that!

I'll be happy to help with anything if I can.

Evelyn