British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Anyone in suffolk? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-suffolk-444454/)

stumpysean Apr 23rd 2007 8:24 pm

Anyone in suffolk?

Hi,

we're (me, hubby & 2 boys ages 9 and 7) are waiting to apply for a business 163 visa. We need to build turnover up then we can apply aug 08. we're looking at going to Brisbane and are planning a reccie trip in Feb. We went over to Perth last year but decided it wasn't for us and have opted for queensland as we have friends and some family there.

We live just outside Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk and would love to meet up with like minded people looking to escape the UK!!!!

anyone live near by??????:confused:

stumpysean Apr 24th 2007 8:00 pm

Re: Anyone in suffolk?

I take it no-one lives in sunny suffolk!!!

anyone want to meet up for a coffee or something stronger of course?

Anyone????:confused:

gotahavit Nov 17th 2007 8:47 am

hi ,just clicking through old threads on bury st edmunds and found this one ,were from bury myself ,wife and two kids and we have lived on the gold coast for the last four years, where abouts in brissy are you hoping to go

stumpysean Nov 18th 2007 10:08 am

Hi, well we have friends in Maloolaba (near to) and thought this might be a good start! We've never been to queensland, we visited Perth 2 years ago and loved it but felt it maybe too quiet for us so decided on Brisbane. Our plans are on hold at the moment though because of family problems but it is still our dream in the future. You don't miss good old Bury then!!!!???????;)

kevinbloomfield Nov 18th 2007 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by stumpysean (Post 5569714)
Hi, well we have friends in Maloolaba (near to) and thought this might be a good start! We've never been to queensland, we visited Perth 2 years ago and loved it but felt it maybe too quiet for us so decided on Brisbane. Our plans are on hold at the moment though because of family problems but it is still our dream in the future. You don't miss good old Bury then!!!!???????;)

So are you still coming over or not?

gotahavit Nov 19th 2007 6:15 am

i would,nt say i miss bury itself but a lot of the people and the pubs oh and the moreton hall social club,for us life is so much better here i would say we have a better standard of living and the weatheris great no more icy mornings having to clear windscreens before heading off to work.hope you get your family issues sorted and get to experience yourself .
to the previous poster kevin bloomfield i believe your from bury to where abouts if you dont mind me asking

kevinbloomfield Nov 19th 2007 7:08 am

Originally Posted by gotahavit (Post 5573171)
i would,nt say i miss bury itself but a lot of the people and the pubs oh and the moreton hall social club,for us life is so much better here i would say we have a better standard of living and the weatheris great no more icy mornings having to clear windscreens before heading off to work.hope you get your family issues sorted and get to experience yourself .
to the previous poster kevin bloomfield i believe your from bury to where abouts if you dont mind me asking

Fornham St Martin, we came over 13 months ago.

If you went to the Moreton Hall Social club maybe you knew Danny Welch?

stumpysean Nov 19th 2007 8:14 am

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield (Post 5571800)
So are you still coming over or not?

If only it were that simple! I'd be there tomorrow, but at the moment it's not possible. We still plan to sometime in the future, but when, well that's another question. :confused:

We'll explain when Sean rings! (You can ring us you know!) Ha Ha ;)

kevinbloomfield Nov 19th 2007 9:45 am

Originally Posted by stumpysean (Post 5573423)
If only it were that simple! I'd be there tomorrow, but at the moment it's not possible. We still plan to sometime in the future, but when, well that's another question. :confused:

We'll explain when Sean rings! (You can ring us you know!) Ha Ha ;)

I was going to call you yesterday but we don't have any credit on our calling card. Our phone doesn't make direct international calls (due to David making $300 of calls in 1 month)
I'll try and pick up a card in the next day or so. Remember we earn far less over here than you do :-)

gotahavit Nov 20th 2007 8:22 am

sorry i dont know danny it was 4 years ago i last went in there that was our leaving do to come here how are you finding life in aus