Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone Stayed at Aarons Hotel in Sydney?????

Anyone Stayed at Aarons Hotel in Sydney?????

Old Dec 14th 2007, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of
Default Anyone Stayed at Aarons Hotel in Sydney?????

Just need 2 nights accommodation on the way back from Tas and then flying home .............this hotel popped up and seemed ok .

If any one has stayed there i'd be really grateful if you could let me know what you think ...good or bad

Or if theres anywhere else you can suggest please let me know, Thanks

We are travelling with the tribe!! (4 kids) so nowhere too wild....Cheers!

Zoe
Old Dec 14th 2007, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone Stayed at Aarons Hotel in Sydney?????

never stayed there, but the location is pretty good. On the edge of Chinatown, near Paddy's markets, 5-8 mins from Darling Harbour.

I think it is reasonably basic but if you want a good location, it is not bad.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 4:22 am
Just Joined

amazed is an unknown quantity at this point

friends stayed there as nothing else available at short notice. said it was v basic and more like 2 star. have you tried wotif.com- you might get a good appartment deal.look out for meriton world tower serviced appartments or the oaks or google both companies and book direct. we got 2 nights for 4 adults and 3 kids last jan for $199 a night in 3 bed penthouse appartment with veiws to darling harbour & the bridge.10 min walk to d harbour
Originally Posted by jerzo
Just need 2 nights accommodation on the way back from Tas and then flying home .............this hotel popped up and seemed ok .

If any one has stayed there i'd be really grateful if you could let me know what you think ...good or bad

Or if theres anywhere else you can suggest please let me know, Thanks

We are travelling with the tribe!! (4 kids) so nowhere too wild....Cheers!

Zoe
Old Dec 15th 2007, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by amazed
friends stayed there as nothing else available at short notice. said it was v basic and more like 2 star. have you tried wotif.com- you might get a good appartment deal.look out for meriton world tower serviced appartments or the oaks or google both companies and book direct. we got 2 nights for 4 adults and 3 kids last jan for $199 a night in 3 bed penthouse appartment with veiws to darling harbour & the bridge.10 min walk to d harbour
Thanks for that..............I think I will wait (not in my nature!!) and hope for a bargain!!
Who did you book with in the end???

Thanks Again

Zoe

Last edited by jerzo; Dec 15th 2007 at 9:38 am.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pomster
never stayed there, but the location is pretty good. On the edge of Chinatown, near Paddy's markets, 5-8 mins from Darling Harbour.

I think it is reasonably basic but if you want a good location, it is not bad.
Thanks.............it looks pretty basic but as long as it's clean I don't mind as it's only for two nights but as I said i might try waiting and trying 'Wotif' for a bargain

Cheers
Zo x
Old Dec 15th 2007, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

I used to user wotif all the time but think they are expensive now.

Try: needitnow or asiarooms (after all Oz is part of Asia!).
Asiarooms is a great site as the reviews are very helpful if you don't know an area.
Old Dec 16th 2007, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

I've stayed there a few times - it was fine. Basic, but clean. Having said that, I prefer the Holiday Inn on George Street which is not far away but much better.
Old Dec 16th 2007, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by augigi
I've stayed there a few times - it was fine. Basic, but clean. Having said that, I prefer the Holiday Inn on George Street which is not far away but much better.
Thanks.......i'm going to check it out NOW!!!

Cheers..... all the info is really appreciated x
Old Dec 16th 2007, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

tipp1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can recommend Ultimate Apartmets in Bondi. Stayed there in April. Its safe and secure, theres a bus stop right outside the door and its near the beach... The prices were pretty competitive too..
Old Dec 17th 2007, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tipp1974
I can recommend Ultimate Apartmets in Bondi. Stayed there in April. Its safe and secure, theres a bus stop right outside the door and its near the beach... The prices were pretty competitive too..
Shall have a nose at that one too

Thanks
Zo x
Old Dec 18th 2007, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

stickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant future

stayed at Aarons hotel last year on a reccie very very basic and very noisy.
not good for the jet lag

cheers
jo
Old Dec 18th 2007, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by stickygreen
stayed at Aarons hotel last year on a reccie very very basic and very noisy.
not good for the jet lag

cheers
jo
Thanks Jo......totally not my ideal sort of place then!!

Cheers

Zo x