Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

to anyone starting on the long winding road..

to anyone starting on the long winding road..

Old Apr 27th 2007, 5:20 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default to anyone starting on the long winding road..

i just wanted to say chaps,,you might think reading some of the threads that your journey is going to be a nightmare,,yes at times it can be..... but.....

there are good times as well..

passing the tra was a fantastic feeling,,

going to a meet and meeting people in the same boat as you..

coming on here and sharing the odd laugh..

doing the rekkie in oz.....

passing the meds...

last for me but not least ,,,,getting your visa.....

the best feeling i have had even better than getting my visa,was when my daughter said...she would sell her prize possession her bike to pay for our cats air fare...

good luck to you all starting your journey,its not that bad,,enjoy...

ast..
Old Apr 27th 2007, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

dottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud of
Default Re: to anyone starting on the long winding road..

Hope you have a good trip over
Old Apr 27th 2007, 5:32 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
i just wanted to say chaps,,you might think reading some of the threads that your journey is going to be a nightmare,,yes at times it can be..... but.....

passing the meds...

the best feeling i have had even better than getting my visa,was when my daughter said...she would sell her prize possession her bike to pay for our cats air fare...

ast..
Tell her I'll pay for the cat if she takes me with her
J x
Old Apr 27th 2007, 5:38 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
Tell her I'll pay for the cat if she takes me with her
J x
to late i'm affraid .......i sold the bike...
Old Apr 27th 2007, 5:42 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

passing the meds...

ast..

Aston, Ive seen loads of people begin their journey and achieve their goals on this site, Ive met loads, got pissed with a few and although we haven't moved any further forward in ours, Ive even got as excited at their 'got its' as though they were mine.

I can't say Im enjoying the old visa journey at the moment, but Ive met some brilliant people on here - Gobbyjock and Sorchar to name but two - no actually I shall also name Alan Collett whom I have known now for four years and have met a couple of times and still keep in touch with, Glenn Newton whom I have also met and George Lombard who has given me tons of support.

And whatever else I have got out of this journey, the BE friendships top the list.

Im chuffed for you that you have got your visa and I just hope it wont be too much longer before we get ours so I can see for myself what that feeling is like

Well done on getting yours and I look forward to reading your posts of your new life .

Last edited by Cheetah7; Apr 27th 2007 at 5:44 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

passing the meds...

ast..
Ast I totally agree. It is a long and hard journey with plenty of ups and downs.
We are going to Brisbane 3 weeks today for a recce as our house sale has not yet gone through. All the other members that were applying for visas at the same time as us are now in Oz and settled, but for us the journey goes on.
Have you booked to go yet and got everything sorted out?
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Well said, Ast
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:12 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by grahampaula
Ast I totally agree. It is a long and hard journey with plenty of ups and downs.
We are going to Brisbane 3 weeks today for a recce as our house sale has not yet gone through. All the other members that were applying for visas at the same time as us are now in Oz and settled, but for us the journey goes on.
Have you booked to go yet and got everything sorted out?
no mate,i have a few loose ends to tie up and then i am off..im toying with june 10,,but theres a 3 month waiting list to get the cat into quarantine in perth,,can you flippin believe it?even the cats are queueing to get in
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:18 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

no mate,i have a few loose ends to tie up and then i am off..im toying with june 10,,but theres a 3 month waiting list to get the cat into quarantine in perth,,can you flippin believe it?even the cats are queueing to get in
So the cats are getting their tickets after all!!!!! Shall i take mine, thats the question? C x
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

PMSL Well I hope that you get everything sorted in time.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:07 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by shiels
So the cats are getting their tickets after all!!!!! Shall i take mine, thats the question? C x
shiels,unless its going to break one of your families heart no....
Old Apr 27th 2007, 11:04 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
And whatever else I have got out of this journey, the BE friendships top the list.
Know it's a slog Sam - and you're obviously a nice person, by this stage I'd have been spitting every time I saw a got-it, knowing how long you've waited. Summer's coming to the UK and the weathermen are promising a warm one - just look on it as acclimatising.
Old Apr 28th 2007, 10:20 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

to late i'm affraid .......i sold the bike...
Oooohh you evil daddy you........
I'll never bl@@dy get in now, will I?
J x
Old Apr 28th 2007, 12:53 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Know it's a slog Sam - and you're obviously a nice person, by this stage I'd have been spitting every time I saw a got-it, knowing how long you've waited. Summer's coming to the UK and the weathermen are promising a warm one - just look on it as acclimatising.
Acclimatising, losing weight, toning up and generally getting respectable for the beach - that is my new motto.
Old Apr 28th 2007, 2:01 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Aston, Ive seen loads of people begin their journey and achieve their goals on this site, Ive met loads, got pissed with a few and although we haven't moved any further forward in ours, Ive even got as excited at their 'got its' as though they were mine.

well said sam ....

think ive been longer than you honey ... shall i turn the lights off when i eventually leave??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.