Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Stamford, Lincs Area?

Anyone in Stamford, Lincs Area?

Old Nov 23rd 2007, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

elf1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Anyone in Stamford, Lincs Area?

Hi There, Just wondering if there was anyone who would fancy a meet up? We live just Outside of Stamford, Lincs and are hoping to go to Northern NSW/ Gold coast in April/May 2008. Hoping to go on a 457 Visa if employer hurries up and gets the paperwork sorted!! We have two Girls, Aged 4 and 20Months.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Alan- will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anyone in Stamford, Lincs Area?

Hi,

Not too far away in the scheme of things. Hamerton near Alconbury.

Got visa, (136 MODL skilled independent) and going on my own, probably May next year if house sells.

Regards,

Alan
Old Nov 27th 2007, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

elf1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Alan,

Any idea where abouts you are off to? We are hopefully going on 457 visa to Lismore/ Byron Bay area in NSW.

emma
Old Nov 27th 2007, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Alan- will become famous soon enough

Hi Emma,

Flying to Perth first, but lucky enough to have oppotunity to take time off and travel around all the major cities for a few months before I decide.

I have and Independent skilled visa already, and no specific friends or family location to head to, so I'm not tied to any one location, and have never been before.

Perth or Brisbane are the likely suspects though, altough Canberra intrigues me for some reason.

Have you got a tie to the area you mentioned ??

What occupations are you both in ??

Regards,

Alan.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

mjam is an unknown quantity at this point

hI - we live in Stamford - we have applied using subclass 136 skilled as my wife is a hairdresser -we are waiting for our police checks & medicals to be called - we are hoping to go to Perth
Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

mandf is an unknown quantity at this point

My fiance and I live in Stamford, we are waiting for our subclass 175 visa (Mark is a Carpenter). We are hoping to move to northern Sydney later this year. It would be great to hear from / meet up with anyone who is at a similar stage.

Best wishes,

Mark & Fran
Old Jan 8th 2008, 6:42 am
Just Joined

mjam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, are you using a agent for your application? What time scale are you working to, our agent can not give us a time scale, they keep saying 1 to 2 months before we are allocated a case worker - we have booked our medicals for end of Jan
Old Jan 28th 2008, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

AnnieE is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Not in the Stamford area but we are leaving for Northern Rivers area in 4 weeks! Feels very surreal and to be honest quite stressful (doing shipping quotes at moment). Would be nice to meet up once you arrive in the Northern Rivers.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 6:42 am
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice

Originally Posted by mandf
My fiance and I live in Stamford, we are waiting for our subclass 175 visa (Mark is a Carpenter). We are hoping to move to northern Sydney later this year. It would be great to hear from / meet up with anyone who is at a similar stage.

Best wishes,

Mark & Fran
Hi Mark and Fran
We live in Oakham. We are waiting for our 175 modl (OH is into IT). We submitted the visa on 15.12.07. Not sure where we are going. We are also flying into Perth and looking around for 3-4 months. Must be mad, we have 3 young boys (10, 8 and 4). Never been to Australia, just taking a giant leap! I guess you could read this and think we were having a mid-life crisis - at least I'm not buying a sports car I suppose