Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone from staffordshire?

anyone from staffordshire?

Old Mar 7th 2007, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

beckyandmarv will become famous soon enough
Default anyone from staffordshire?

Hi there is there anyone from Staffordshire on here?

We are going to the west midlands meet up but just wondered if there was anyone more local?

Bec, xx
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of
Default Re: anyone from staffordshire?

Originally Posted by beckyandmarv
Hi there is there anyone from Staffordshire on here?

We are going to the west midlands meet up but just wondered if there was anyone more local?

Bec, xx
Hi, we live in Newcastle under lyme. There are a few on this site from around Staffs. I went to the last west Midlands meet but had to rush off cos I was working that night. Don't think we will be making the next one as we leave for Perth on the 14th April. Where abouts are you heading?

Nicky xx
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:58 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We are in Newcastle too. The last WM meet was really good, loads of people turned up and it was great chatting to people going through the same ups and downs. Hopefully we will go to the next meet in April if Mark isnt working and I havent got too bad a hangover from my birthday the day before .

Joex
Old Mar 7th 2007, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

im not alone!

Nicky cant we come with you in your suitcase, im sure i would fit!

you have made me depressed now!

And Joe, you have to come to the net meet up or we could arrange a meet up round here........we only live in Stafford, and its my birthday too in April, easter sunday, so pressies and eggs for me please...........

Hope all goes well Nicky, we are just starting out, getting everything together for TRA, Marv is self employed so trying to track down people to say how wonderful he is :curse: We are looking at an ENS visa, thought we had enough points for a 136, but 5 points short, so going to be harrasing employers in Queensland soon, hope to go to the Sunshine coast but to be honest as long as we get there i will be happy anywhere.

We are going to the jobs Expo in a couple of weeks has anyone been to any before and are they worth the 90 quid train ticket?

so many questions..........
Old Mar 7th 2007, 8:24 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Dont worry about asking questions, theres always someone on BE to answer them. We havent been to an expo so cant help with that one.

Good luck with the TRA, its definately the worst part. It took us about 6 months to gather everything together and chase up references. Its a great feeling when the letter comes through to say youve passed though. We are at the "waiting for visa yes or no" stage now .

Hope you have a great birthday/easter. We'll try to make the meet, if not will have to arrange meeting up somewhere in Staffs.

Joex
Old Mar 8th 2007, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Joe,

our two year old is trying to help us today, but to no too well!

We have got to gather all the info together, we are going to do a mock up our selves of what he did and where and then get them to ok it print out on there paper and sign it.......see if that speeds things up alittle.

hope it doesn't take us that long, mind you only marv can chase everyone really, and he is also working.........not enough hours in the day!

Your making me green with envy now, only waiting for the answer (fingers crossed will be yes) we looked at doing it 3 years ago, but then found out we were pregnant, so did nothing, now we wish we had, we would be there now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope you can make meet up, but if not hopefully meet you for a drink and chat nearer home.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 3:04 pm
visa holder

Good luck with it.

Joex

ps We have a 2 year old too, so I know what you mean
Old Mar 8th 2007, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

do you have a girl or boy?

we have a proper little lad called Lucas, who at the mo is playing with a fire engine and wooden spoon,
Old Mar 8th 2007, 4:26 pm
visa holder

We have a boy too, Ethan.. Hes tucking into pizza at the mo.

Jx
Old Mar 11th 2007, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

bless two little monsters the same age.........

are we the only ones from staffordshire?

i will be on my own soon
Old Mar 11th 2007, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by beckyandmarv
bless two little monsters the same age.........

are we the only ones from staffordshire?

i will be on my own soon
Hi, my youngest is a 2 year old boy. I also have a girl, 5, and a boy, 9. There are quite a few from Staffs. Where are you heading to?

Nicky x
Old Mar 11th 2007, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Nicky,

you have your hands full! i can just cope with one.

We are hoping to go to the Sunshine coast, we have done loads of research, and have fallen in love with the life style it has to offer, oh and the schools too.

Are you all sorted yet its only a month till you go, bet you are so excited, i am for you, a new adventure with your family,

have you been having lots of bye bye parties?

Becky x