Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone south of the river in Perth?

Anyone south of the river in Perth?

Old Dec 9th 2006, 10:04 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Anyone south of the river in Perth?

Beginning to think we're the only ones. We're in Canning Vale.

Anyone else nearby?
Old Dec 9th 2006, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone south of the river in Perth?

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl

Anyone else nearby?
Yep, Dunsborough........... about 300km south
Old Dec 9th 2006, 11:23 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Santa
Yep, Drnsborough........... about 300km south
I said nearby !!

But Dunsborough is nice ...
Old Dec 9th 2006, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Vince's daughter and family are in Canning Vale...Livington Estate She and her husband were both born in Lancashire
Old Dec 9th 2006, 11:56 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone else nearby?
I think a small percentage who move to Perth head South of River...for whatever reason i don't know..
SoR is better than NoR, too boring up North.
Yep i am up North, yes i am bored. Will i move South...maybe!
Old Dec 9th 2006, 12:59 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else nearby?

We will be south as soon as our house is built. We're moving to Aubin Grove near Atwell. Can't wait!
Old Dec 9th 2006, 1:15 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
I think a small percentage who move to Perth head South of River...for whatever reason i don't know..

Ooh tell all, what do they have down there that we don't up here?
Old Dec 9th 2006, 3:51 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Ooh tell all, what do they have down there that we don't up here?
Less Poms
Old Dec 9th 2006, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

deb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to all

Anyone else nearby?

hi , we have just been given our pr and are living in south london at the mo, we are moving to maddington in feb. as my hubby has a job there.

how long have you been there, and what do you think????

we are in the process of packing boxes to send out there so that they will be there when we arrive ( hopefully )
why do you think that you are the only ones ??

debs
Old Dec 9th 2006, 10:09 pm
Confused member

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
Vince's daughter and family are in Canning Vale...Livington Estate She and her husband were both born in Lancashire
We're next door to Livingston, on Waratah, and we're from Manchester.
Old Dec 9th 2006, 10:12 pm
Confused member

Originally Posted by deb-n-rob2006
hi , we have just been given our pr and are living in south london at the mo, we are moving to maddington in feb. as my hubby has a job there.

how long have you been there, and what do you think????

we are in the process of packing boxes to send out there so that they will be there when we arrive ( hopefully )
why do you think that you are the only ones ??

debs
Been here 3 months and love it. We've met quite a few Poms but most seem to have been here a few years. I was wondering if there were any recent incomers?

We use Bunnings at Maddington a lot as it's not too far from us.
Old Dec 9th 2006, 10:35 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel

we have just bought NOR but also think its boring here and wish we had moved SOR, we will look at moving there in future too...........
Old Dec 9th 2006, 10:37 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
we have just bought NOR but also think its boring here and wish we had moved SOR, we will look at moving there in future too...........
i asked rachel too but what do they have SOR that they don't have NOR. I am intrigued, have I made the wrong decision??
Old Dec 9th 2006, 10:53 pm
Confused member

i asked rachel too but what do they have SOR that they don't have NOR. I am intrigued, have I made the wrong decision??
Don't really know but we looked both NOR and SOR and SOR just 'felt' better.
Old Dec 9th 2006, 11:09 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

For, us it just seamed to have more character than up North, as some one said on here, its a bit like lego land here, just miles and miles of houses..... They are all new and we prefer the older ones that have features etc.....
We also noticed a bit more going on down there too, cafes and out door bars etc..... We are finding it "very English" here with all the poms and English style pubs......Think we miss Melbourne a lot more than we thought we would, even though we love having the family here.....

Anyway as we bought a house on a total impulse buy, we will give it a couple of years up here and see if it develops a bit more, if after 2 years we still feel the same we may look SOR or even head back to Melbourne.

I just wish I could take my family with me!

Laura

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.