Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone in South Australia and rental prices?

Anyone in South Australia and rental prices?

Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

lensgirl is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone in South Australia and rental prices?

Hi

Can anyone tell me the nicer areas of SA, and also what a guide price we should aim for in the rental market? I was thinking around the $300-400 mark but dont want to overdo it and find our budget is blown. I havent even put in our Visa application, but just wanted to do some research

many thanks
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Anyone in South Australia and rental prices?

Sorry probably should narrow down our area! If possible we would like to move to the region of Adelaide or surrounding areas
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:24 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lensgirl
Hi

Can anyone tell me the nicer areas of SA, and also what a guide price we should aim for in the rental market? I was thinking around the $300-400 mark but dont want to overdo it and find our budget is blown. I havent even put in our Visa application, but just wanted to do some research

many thanks
300-400 should get you within 20 mins to the CBD ........Parkside, Goodwood, sth of city ,,,, Dulwhich ,Norwood ,,,, to the East ,,,,Prospect ,Collinswood to the north ,,, Beach side [west] Grange, HenleyBeach........This is assuming you want to be close to the city.?..........mm
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 3:07 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

many thanks
www.realestate.com.au and click on SA, then rentals.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Im not too fussed about being near the City, but then i guess it would be best for work purposes. I just dont want to end up spending all our cash on rental while trying to find work out there
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:42 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

well give us some more info , and we ,ll try and give you a target area to try and get a rental.....jobs -intrests etc.............mm
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

We have 2 boys so a good area is a must, with good schools (youngest is currently 5 and eldest is 9). I am going as an Office Manager, hubby will probably end up doing some kind of warehouse work. We would originally like to start off somewhere where we could easily settle into jobs, but because of the boys we dont want to be moving about all over the place. The beach isnt necessary, although would be a very nice novelty! Probably not In the Adelaide centre either as i guess thats like living in London? Just somewhere nice and friendly where we could all settle in would be great. I know this is probably like trying to find a needle in a haystack, there are probably so many places possible.

i think what we will probably end up doing is going over and validating our Visa and travelling around a bit and hopefully having job interviews. Its probably quite an expensive way to do it, but most likely the best for us.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 2:48 pm
Banned

We have 2 boys so a good area is a must, with good schools (youngest is currently 5 and eldest is 9). I am going as an Office Manager, hubby will probably end up doing some kind of warehouse work. We would originally like to start off somewhere where we could easily settle into jobs, but because of the boys we dont want to be moving about all over the place. The beach isnt necessary, although would be a very nice novelty! Probably not In the Adelaide centre either as i guess thats like living in London? Just somewhere nice and friendly where we could all settle in would be great. I know this is probably like trying to find a needle in a haystack, there are probably so many places possible.

i think what we will probably end up doing is going over and validating our Visa and travelling around a bit and hopefully having job interviews. Its probably quite an expensive way to do it, but most likely the best for us.
I had to smile when i saw your reference to London and Adelaide, i hav,nt been to london but iwould imagine comparing the two is like chalk and cheese...?
http://www.adelaidebound.com/
This is a good site for schools etc..............mm
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

ooh thanks for the link, that looks good. I kind of meant the London thing as cost of living more expensive, greater population etc. But then i am just guessing and probably says exactly how little i do know of Adelaide!!
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

ooh thanks for the link, that looks good. I kind of meant the London thing as cost of living more expensive, greater population etc. But then i am just guessing and probably says exactly how little i do know of Adelaide!!

Office Manager - It's pretty likely that you'd be working in the city, but that doesn't mean you need to live there. I'm about 20km away from there and doing a job there this week which takes me about half hour in the car to get to. It's on the other side of the city to me though, so I don't think that's too bad. If I caught the train it would take about 20 mins (then 20 to walk to the office)

I'd maybe narrow the search down to no more that a 15km radius from the city. That should give you a good starting point.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Probably not In the Adelaide centre either as i guess thats like living in London?

I wish!!

Think Guildford on a bank holiday!..............