Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ANYONE SOLD THEIR HOUSE TO THESE COMPANIES ON THE WEB

ANYONE SOLD THEIR HOUSE TO THESE COMPANIES ON THE WEB

Old Jan 16th 2011, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of
Default ANYONE SOLD THEIR HOUSE TO THESE COMPANIES ON THE WEB

Anyone ever sold there house to a company that advertise, "we buy your house if emigrating etc etc "
Cant sell my house, need the funds for the move so cant rent it out....
Want to go to Oz now...
I expect they make crazy offers, but if anyone has been lucky and got a good price, please let me know...xx
Old Jan 16th 2011, 6:18 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ANYONE SOLD THEIR HOUSE TO THESE COMPANIES ON THE WEB

No such thing as "can't sell your house" (unless you are in a genuinely remote are where there is no market).

Your house will sell for a realistic price, although this may not be what you would like it to be.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rackcatt
Anyone ever sold there house to a company that advertise, "we buy your house if emigrating etc etc "
Want to go to Oz now...
I expect they make crazy offers, but if anyone has been lucky and got a good price, please let me know...xx
Hi - I'm in the same position, need to and want to sell the house. I don't want the hassle of renting and also need any equity to fund the move. Had the house on the market for 9 months with only one viewer. Have now reduced the price by £6000 to try and stimulate some interest.

I know one family who sold using an express property buying company and they got 80% of the home buyer's report valuation and that was for a house in excellent condition.
we both get our houses sold. Good Luck
Old Jan 16th 2011, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of

Hi MAZZA12

We are from ayrshire too...we're in Stewarton where are you from ?
Dropped our house by £13,000 below home buyers report, had an offer in November then it fell threw, nothing moving anywhere at moment.
I have drew a picture of my house with a sold sign on it, and a picture of a plane with us on it...Positive mental attitude...
Old Jan 16th 2011, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

colonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nice

Looks like no-one wants to live in Beautiful Ayrshire

We are from Perth and are renting our house.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 7:06 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Want to go to Oz now...
You won't get a good price - they're not stupid

They have the house valued and in general you get 80% of that figure. If you have your house up for sale and have had no luck, you WILL NOT get 80% of the amount you have it up for sale, and they'll cite your failure to sell as proof that you have it overvalued.

Once you've 'agreed' the possible current market value they send a surveyor round - they'll then claim the house is worth much less than originally believed because of 'issues' mentioned on the survey. Its worth telling them to stick it up their arses at this point as they will probably have a developer lined up.

Advantages - its very fast - they'll usually want to exchange contracts within a couple of weeks (just in case you get a real offer and change your mind) although completion can be whenever you want, within reason.

Disadvantages - you'll feel like you're giving your home away. Even though its very quick, its still very stressful, you're just condensing all the stress into a shorter period.

We did this 3 years ago, just as the market was cooling and really, we were lucky - they couldn't get rid of our house for months afterwards and according to my former neighbour, it went for less than they paid us for it
Old Jan 16th 2011, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: ANYONE SOLD THEIR HOUSE TO THESE COMPANIES ON THE WEB

Oh well ..won't be using one of those selling agents then i guess..
Positive mental attitude....Lets see if it works...
Old Jan 16th 2011, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

mvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to all

Give it time as Spring is just around the corner. Traditional buying time.

That's if actually arrives giving our weather.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Want to go to Oz now...
I've never personally dealt with them but have seen docco's on their tactics, like...

1) Charge a large valuation fee then offer 60% of market value, most refuse and they keep the fee.

2) If you accept the offer they substantially reduce it at exchange time.

etc.

In short, many of them are sharks, preying on the desperate. If you go ahead you may be selling near the bottom of the market in the UK and buying near the top here, we were lucky to sell ours before departing during the mini-boom beginning of last year, but have no plans to buy in Aus just yet, apart from anything we haven't decided where we'll settle long term.

If you absolutely have to sell fast consider an auction, but also bear in mind if you'd accept such a low offer from one of those companies, try carving a chunk off your asking price & try to sell the traditional way.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Going to try reduce it again, already knocked it down in price, if nothing happens with viewers in next few months...then we may need to look at renting.
But then we are taking a huge chance on coming out with not much more than a few months money to see us through....no jobs, two kids, no idea where to settle as we don't know where to live until hubby gets a job, and where this is likely to be, victoria somewhere...thanks guys
Old Jan 16th 2011, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mvagusta
Give it time as Spring is just around the corner. Traditional buying time.

That's if actually arrives giving our weather.
not this spring.

Interest rates due to go up
Mortgage rates already on the way up from a low in October
Prices falling.

If you can sell it get it sold, it's only going to fall in value anyway.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Going to try reduce it again, already knocked it down in price, if nothing happens with viewers in next few months...then we may need to look at renting.
But then we are taking a huge chance on coming out with not much more than a few months money to see us through....no jobs, two kids, no idea where to settle as we don't know where to live until hubby gets a job, and where this is likely to be, victoria somewhere...thanks guys
TBH in that situation surely you'd be renting for a while first anyway, at least until established in work and also giving yourself some time to get to know the areas you want to buy in, ideally you wouldn't choose to be spending your house proceeds on day to day living costs anyway.

My wife and I have owned homes for about 20 years, its quite liberating to rent even though we could buy here. We've been renting a big place in a lovely area and if we'd been in a rush may have bought similar, having been there a while we've realised we want to give a city apartment a try for a while, would've cost a fortune in tax & selling fees is we'd been buying/selling.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 9:15 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

This is what many of us on here did. We came with about $30k AUD, 2 kids, no jobs. Yes, there were very lean times, but 4.5 years and 1 interstate move on it's all a distant memory.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Hi MAZZA12

We are from ayrshire too...we're in Stewarton where are you from ?
Dropped our house by £13,000 below home buyers report, had an offer in November then it fell threw, nothing moving anywhere at moment.
I have drew a picture of my house with a sold sign on it, and a picture of a plane with us on it...Positive mental attitude...
Hi rackcatt - I'm in Saltcoats. The estate agent wanted me to drop the house by £20000 (of course they did!) but I figure that no-one is going to offer anywhere near what you ask - most offers are coming in at 7 - 10% below the asking price hence my reason for not dropping it too much. We were planning to move to Oz at the end of July (providing my visa is granted) but I'm not hopeful of selling in time so I think we may have to do a validation trip - more money!
Keep up the positive mental attitude - as everyone keeps telling me it only takes one viewer (although I think I may slap the next person that helpfully tells me that )
Cheers
Mairi
Old Jan 17th 2011, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Lymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant future

Our house in Cheshire has been up for 2 1/2 years, we have dropped it by £25k and will drop it again by another £10k next month. We looked at these companies for a quick sale, but they offer around 75% of the value plus take about £700 to value your house regardless if you go with them or not. as a result we decided not to bother as we would lose most of the equity we have on the house.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.