Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone with small kids in the Kinross/Currambine/Iluka/Burns area?

Anyone with small kids in the Kinross/Currambine/Iluka/Burns area?

Old May 11th 2009, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone with small kids in the Kinross/Currambine/Iluka/Burns area?

I've some questions re childcare and schools, but have posted on 3 websites with no response.

Any childcare centres with good/bad reputations?

Kinross, Currambine primaries - good/bad? Any Asian students at these schools and any idea what percentage?
Old May 11th 2009, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone with small kids in the Kinross/Currambine/Iluka/Burns area?

Originally Posted by Family of 3
I've some questions re childcare and schools, but have posted on 3 websites with no response.

Any childcare centres with good/bad reputations?

Kinross, Currambine primaries - good/bad? Any Asian students at these schools and any idea what percentage?
My kids went to Kinross...................they loved it and also achieved good grades
Old May 26th 2009, 8:27 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
My kids went to Kinross...................they loved it and also achieved good grades
hi ya, ive tried all the childcare centers, for after school care and vacation care and found Go Bananas in Joondalup the best, my personal opinion of course, very helpful, organised and my daughter loves going , shes 8
Old May 26th 2009, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Dawn, I'd almost given up hope of replies.

I'll have a google.

We're coming for a holiday in August so will take a look at a few places then.
Old May 26th 2009, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

It looks great for when he's a bit older, but he'll just be turning 3 as we move.

Have you any links to lists of childcare or before/after school care Dawn?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 26th 2009, 8:44 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

It looks great for when he's a bit older, but he'll just be turning 3 as we move.

Have you any links to lists of childcare or before/after school care Dawn?

Thanks in advance.
Hi ya,no sorry i havent, you could just google a few, go bananas joondalup, which is an indoor play area, arena joondalup, which is a sports/swim centre, most schools have before and after school care as well as vacation care. ummmm depends on the ages of your children, we have alot of ABC centres which are childcare centres for the under 5s, theres one in kinross/currumbine. when are you hoping to be here
Old May 26th 2009, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Hoping for Jan 2009 (just one son, turns 3 in Jan). Most likely scenario is I'll be working (if I get the job!) and husband will look after son and freelance/job hunt. So initially we're looking for 2 days per week, but maybe 5 if he gets a job.

Do the ABC Centres have a good reputation? A friend had a bad experience in Melbourne but that's obviously a long way away!

Further down the line, I guess we should check out which schools have before/after care before choosing a primary school.
Old May 26th 2009, 8:59 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Hoping for Jan 2009 (just one son, turns 3 in Jan). Most likely scenario is I'll be working (if I get the job!) and husband will look after son and freelance/job hunt. So initially we're looking for 2 days per week, but maybe 5 if he gets a job.

Do the ABC Centres have a good reputation? A friend had a bad experience in Melbourne but that's obviously a long way away!

Further down the line, I guess we should check out which schools have before/after care before choosing a primary school.
Hi ya, i think it depends on whos working there really but i havent heard any bad stories, really popular here, have a look at the one in kinross when you get here thats your best bet really, then atleast youll get a 'feel' for the place, i worked in one briefly and that was very structured, they even had nap times with there favourite teddy/bottle ect, and the staff lay with kids if they need a cuddle...i nearly fell asleep myself!! its lots of fun for them, they do all the usual painting and playing ect they play outside with lotion and hats on under cover so its all good....give it a try and see how you go, there very flexible if you want a trial period for a few days.... hope that helps, if you need any more info nearer the time PM me, i can always get the address and directions for you, all the best with the move
Old May 26th 2009, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for your help Dawn!