Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone shipped a rear projection TV

Anyone shipped a rear projection TV

Old Jun 5th 2005, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone shipped a rear projection TV

Has anyone successfully shipped a rear projection TV over? Its less than 6mths old and we love it (it's husbands baby) however I really can't see it lasting the shipping process (cranes and all), so i say sell it and buy another one. Husband wants to ship out. Does anyone have any prices on similar TV's in aus? Have checked retrovision and betta electrical but they don't put set prices on anything/ Many thanks annie
Old Jun 5th 2005, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Anyone shipped a rear projection TV

Originally Posted by glittababe
Has anyone successfully shipped a rear projection TV over? Its less than 6mths old and we love it (it's husbands baby) however I really can't see it lasting the shipping process (cranes and all), so i say sell it and buy another one. Husband wants to ship out. Does anyone have any prices on similar TV's in aus? Have checked retrovision and betta electrical but they don't put set prices on anything/ Many thanks annie
Was going to ship my beloved rear projection tv. 40" of great joy. leave in less than 9 weeks. TV broke down yesterday. Colour allignement broken. Gutted. now watching tv on portable. Take the tv with you. I'm sure it will be OK , but if not claim on the Insurance. Have a look at http://www.thegoodguys.com.au for prices on rea projection tv's. You have to input a postcode, so use 6065.

Chris
Old Jun 5th 2005, 9:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The shippers should be able to provide a wooden crate for it, they came up with a small one for my pc monitor with no problem.
Old Jun 5th 2005, 11:20 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Dont bother, put it on either Ebay or Amazon, and buy a new plasma for the same price when you arrive. Plasmas are cheap over here, as the other guy mentioneneet gseaeeto buy electrical, you will also get roughly 10-15% off their quoted prices.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 2:14 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldnt be hopeful of it arriving in 1 piece, the mechanisms inside are pretty delicate, you arent even supposed to tip them over I was told!

We bought one HD, RP, 43" for just a tad under $3000 18 months ago, the way prices go they are probably half that by now! (well not quite, but you know what I mean) If you go without the high definition you can pick them up well under $2000.

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Jun 6th 2005 at 2:46 am.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 2:40 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Flogged my beloved Panasonic 6mth old plasma in UK and bought a new one here - they're same price in $ as they are in £ . Didnt get the same one but a 42" plasma with good picture quality was £1100. They are dropping like crazy over here. a 52" rear projection is about 3000$ and up depending on make.

They do ship them in containers from whence they are manufactured to wherever you bought it... so if its got original packing, and retaining bolts etc, then you might be ok but personally Id flog it andbuy new.! And you get the fun of buying again ;-)
Old Jun 6th 2005, 4:01 am
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

Just to give you an idea of prices ......brought a SONY rear projection tv , 106cm HD, complete with stand......$1700.00 .

al the best plum
Old Jun 6th 2005, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the plumber
Just to give you an idea of prices ......brought a SONY rear projection tv , 106cm HD, complete with stand......$1700.00 .

al the best plum

Not bad! We have all the original packaging etc but i just don't think it'll make it! Have checked out the Good Guys, ours was definately cheaper than the ones on there and also bigger 46" (sounds dodgy put like that), however if it gets ruined during transit, we would have lost that money anyway! Thanks for advice, just showing husband comments!
Old Jun 6th 2005, 6:06 am
ABCDiamond

Some local prices:

Samsung 109cm (43") rear projection TV $ 1,486
LG 142cm (56") rear projection TV $ 2,099

Old Jun 6th 2005, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

Foster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant future

Hi
We shipped both 42" Sony Plasma and a 43" Toshiba rear projection. They both arrived unscathed. Both have region 1 and 2 coding and work fine. So glad we brought them cos didn't want the hassle of having to shop around for new ones when we had so much other stuff to sort out.
On the other hand my leather settee was ripped and the leather had stretched on the back!!!
Hope this helps in you making a decision.
Joanne
Old Jun 6th 2005, 9:20 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Not bad! We have all the original packaging etc but i just don't think it'll make it! Have checked out the Good Guys, ours was definately cheaper than the ones on there and also bigger 46" (sounds dodgy put like that), however if it gets ruined during transit, we would have lost that money anyway! Thanks for advice, just showing husband comments!
sold our 42" rear projection for about half of what we paid for it having had it for 2 years. Best decision ever. When we've got our own house sorted, we're going to look into a projector for a cinema room!!
Old Jun 6th 2005, 11:34 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

WE did this Thread the other day, CRATE it or leave it, the backs are so weak , any weight on them and they are stuffed,............... mm
Old Jun 6th 2005, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Foster Clan
Hi
We shipped both 42" Sony Plasma and a 43" Toshiba rear projection. They both arrived unscathed. Both have region 1 and 2 coding and work fine. So glad we brought them cos didn't want the hassle of having to shop around for new ones when we had so much other stuff to sort out.
On the other hand my leather settee was ripped and the leather had stretched on the back!!!
Hope this helps in you making a decision.
Joanne
Thanks for that. Why did the leather stretch? We have two new suede sofas one in chocolate brown the other in white (yes I know mad with three boys). We haven't got a mark on them at the moment and we've kept all the removals stuff from when they were delivered, to pack them up properly. Maybe if I speak nicely to the removals company they'll take extra care of them! Thanks Mr Mover, will probably leave it behind, shame but if it gets damaged we lose the money on that and it'll be our own fault cos we know the risks!
Old Jun 6th 2005, 7:47 pm
Merlot

Thanks for that. Why did the leather stretch? We have two new suede sofas one in chocolate brown the other in white (yes I know mad with three boys). We haven't got a mark on them at the moment and we've kept all the removals stuff from when they were delivered, to pack them up properly. Maybe if I speak nicely to the removals company they'll take extra care of them! Thanks Mr Mover, will probably leave it behind, shame but if it gets damaged we lose the money on that and it'll be our own fault cos we know the risks!
GB

Sounds like you are really going back, have you fixed any dates?

M

Old Jun 6th 2005, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Merlot
GB

Sounds like you are really going back, have you fixed any dates?

M
Not sure really. We're going to redo our medicals so we have longer to get back. We can take our time, no hurry. We want to really appreciate the UK and are booking holidays and weekends away in the Peak District, Devon, London etc Anyone have any ideas on where to go and what to see? The Edinburgh Tattoo is another must do!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.