Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone seen USS Ronald Reagan in Brisbane?

Anyone seen USS Ronald Reagan in Brisbane?

Old Jan 25th 2006, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone seen USS Ronald Reagan in Brisbane?

Is there anywhere the public can go to get a reasonable view of the big American boat? Does anyone know when it is due to sail?
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:20 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone seen USS Ronald Reagan in Brisbane?

Admit that and they'll have you... :scared: :scared: :scared: there will be US FBI on your doorstep before you can snap your fingers.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 10:01 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by annqldau
Admit that and they'll have you... :scared: :scared: :scared: there will be US FBI on your doorstep before you can snap your fingers.
Do you think the FBI would mind if I say the following............

The flight deck covers 1.82 hectares, housing an air wing of 80 fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters.

The vessel is powered by two nuclear reactors - which allow it to operate for more than 20 years without refuelling.

It costs $A3.34 million a day to run when under way, including wages.

After casting off from Brisbane this Friday, the ship will conduct naval operations in support of the war on terror as well as security commitments in the western Pacific.

Members of the public will find it hard to get a glimpse of the vessel, with tight security and areas of the Brisbane River off limits.

With about half of the 6,000 crew expected to get shore leave it should also get cash registers ringing in the Queensland capital and the Gold Coast.

Old Jan 25th 2006, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

The Hun is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lesleys
Is there anywhere the public can go to get a reasonable view of the big American boat? Does anyone know when it is due to sail?
Just have a gander from the top of the Gateway, failing that, head down town and pick up a nice "sailor boy" and ask for a guided tour................. sure there will be a few about, 6,000 of them!
Old Jan 25th 2006, 10:07 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Do you think the FBI would mind if I say the following............

The flight deck covers 1.82 hectares, housing an air wing of 80 fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters.

The vessel is powered by two nuclear reactors - which allow it to operate for more than 20 years without refuelling.

After casting off from Brisbane this Friday, the ship will conduct naval operations in support of the war on terror as well as security commitments in the western Pacific.

Members of the public will find it hard to get a glimpse of the vessel, with tight security and areas of the Brisbane River off limits.

With about half of the 6,000 crew expected to get shore leave it should also get cash registers ringing in the Queensland capital and the Gold Coast.
Isn't it great. It's because of ships like this that we aren't speaking Russian. Or Chinese.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 10:08 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Isn't it great. It's because of ships like this that we aren't speaking Russian. Or Chinese.
My daughter started learning Japanese at school today

Old Jan 25th 2006, 10:13 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Head up Kingsford Smith Drive and keep going until you run out of road. And then turn right. You go down a dirt track and stop when you come to the ice-cream van

I was there earlier but the pictures I took on my camera phone were crap unfortunately. The problem is that on the north bank you're too far away to actually feel how massive the thing is
Old Jan 25th 2006, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

The Hun is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Amazulu
How doeas an American ship stop you speaking Russian or Chinese? Russians were never a threat, chinese have too many in house problems to pose a threat. Yanks will look after #1 when it comes down to it............
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:36 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Hun
How doeas an American ship stop you speaking Russian or Chinese? Russians were never a threat, chinese have too many in house problems to pose a threat. Yanks will look after #1 when it comes down to it............
Same was said about Germany in 1938. Yanks sorted them out whilst looking after No.1.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Phil-UK will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Holy Sh*t 3.34 million a day !!!

It's a good thing it is nuclear powered, imagine what it would cost if you have to fill it will diesel. I bet the bugger would only do about 1 inch per gallon.

Phil
Old Jan 25th 2006, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Hun

Beg to differ on that about the Chinese not posing a threat. With billions of £'s worth or Chinese Yuan being ploughed back into China. Cheap imports all around the world, Russia may not be a threat any more but the are plenty for former Russian States with Independence that now do. Wait and see

John
Old Jan 25th 2006, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

here she is
Attached Thumbnails Anyone seen USS Ronald Reagan in Brisbane?-thumb_060123-n-0610t-139.jpg  
Old Jan 25th 2006, 5:33 pm
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve2438
here she is
Nice!
Don't you have a bigger pic?
Old Jan 25th 2006, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by skywalker
Nice!
Don't you have a bigger pic?

Give me a break...I'm still in the UK so i think my Canon Ixus 5 did a great job

Got the picture off the US navy web site really
Old Jan 25th 2006, 6:17 pm
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve2438
Give me a break...I'm still in the UK so i think my Canon Ixus 5 did a great job
great zoom!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.