Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone in the same position as us??????

Anyone in the same position as us??????

Old Nov 17th 2004, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

The Bread Knife will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Anyone in the same position as us??????

In need of a little support please.
Is there anyone else in the same position as us?

Passed the TRA last September 2003
Lodged our appl.(138 Aus sponsored) December 2003 (via our agent)
Meds requested 4th June 2004 to be in by 13th August 2004

We have not heard anything at all.I have emailed our agent numerous times but each time he has no news.He has even emailed our CO, and still nothing.

I am aware that things are busy at centrelink etc...............

Just feeling fed up and impatient.Anyone else????????????

The Bread Knife
Old Nov 17th 2004, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Red Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone in the same position as us??????

We sent off application Feb 2004 - every morning we turn computer on to see if any messages have been left from our agent.

We are getting quite desparate so near and yet so far.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

We have been in Aus for a year and a half but when we sent in our meds and police records, we waited about 8 months and heard nothing. We didn’t phone because we were told that it just delays the process. Eventually, out of desperation we called the DIMIA and it turned out that they had never received them. In a blind panic and after calling Royal Mail, we were just about to redo it all when everything just magically turned up (to this day, we aren’t sure if royal mail found our stuff and forwarded it on or if it was at the DIMIA office all along and it just hadn’t got to the right person). To cut a long story short, they were very helpful at the DIMIA office and I wish we had phoned earlier. I have a cousin applying now and I have told him that he must phone them if he has a query, they don’t respond to emails. He has done and has always had a pleasant and helpful response.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

The Bread Knife will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the replies.

Yes I check my emails constantly too.............maybe tomorrow

The Bread Knife