Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone ride a motorbike in Adelaide?/OZ

Anyone ride a motorbike in Adelaide?/OZ

Old Jun 8th 2008, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

skoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant future
Default Anyone ride a motorbike in Adelaide?/OZ

Hi All will be moving over to Adelaide early next year, And will be looking to buy a new supersport when I arrive. Can anyone tell me if motorbikes are popular in OZ, Are the roads in better condition ie as bad as the pot holes over here. Or does anyone know of any bike meets .
Regards Ian
Old Jun 8th 2008, 10:32 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone ride a motorbike in Adelaide?/OZ

Originally Posted by skoots76
Hi All will be moving over to Adelaide early next year, And will be looking to buy a new supersport when I arrive. Can anyone tell me if motorbikes are popular in OZ, Are the roads in better condition ie as bad as the pot holes over here. Or does anyone know of any bike meets .
Regards Ian
my husband has a transalp in Sydney he has joined an adventure bikers club and they do long trips into the outback where the roads are mostly sand and grit.
He had a super blackbird before he came over and intended to buy one in Oz as they are cheap new there but found a transalp better fitted his needs for road and off road biking

there are lots of good tarmac road but Australia is fond of overbanding.It depends on what you want to do.
there are lots of bike clubs just search the net for them or visit your local bike shop when you get there
good luck and have fun!
Old Jun 8th 2008, 10:56 am
Banned

Down Under and Loving It is an unknown quantity at this point

Regards Ian
hi there
I live in WA but moving to Qld when the house sells,i ride a sports bike the majority over here seem to ride cruisers mainly harleys they chuck along at slow speed hoping every one see,s them.Normally they ride in t shirts with open faced helmets.Many expats here ride sports bikes go to your local bike shop they should be able to put you in touch with like minded hoons
Old Jun 8th 2008, 10:03 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Motorbike sales in Australia in the last few years have been increasing majorly every year.

There are bike clubs everywhere, and as already mentioned, off road riding is very popular. (Moto cross & adventure riding).

I live up in the Dandenong ranges in Victoria which has plenty of twisties, and the roads at the weekend fill up with plenty of bikies. Sporties & cruisers alike.

heres a couple of links to the major bike meets (but there are plenty more through local clubs/groups) :

http://home.pacific.net.au/~cusacks4/aigor/events.htm

http://www.ltaylor.id.au/Rallies.html

This one has some interesting info :

http://motorcyclemania.com.au/
Old Jun 8th 2008, 10:13 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Regards Ian
Here ya go mate..........
http://www.motorcyclingsa.org.au/clubs.html
Just remember bikers here are refered to as " temporary Australians "...mm
Old Jun 8th 2008, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Hills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud of

Plenty of bikers riding the the Hills above Adelaide at the weekends