Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone Renting Their House????

Anyone Renting Their House????

Old Aug 21st 2006, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

fancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud of
Wink Anyone Renting Their House????

HI FOLKS,

Just wondering are any of you going to rent out you're house when you emigrate to Australia or anyone that is doing it already from Australia,how do you go about doing it and what do you do if something goes wrong with the house it's a long way to come home to fix it :scared: ???
Any advice would be appreciated
THANKS FOR YOU'RE TIME FANCYFELLA AND THE TRIBE (WE GOT IT )

P.S YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 1:31 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone Renting Their House????

My partner and I are renting our home back in the UK and so far we haven't come across any major problems.

We have rented our house through an agent. You can pay different levels of agent fees for various plans that they offer. I went for the total plan where if anything goes wrong, the agent will email you explaining the problem, followed by quotes to sort the problem, once agreed, then to follow through with the work needed to be completed.

Another option and it's something we considered, was to ask a friend in the building business to be first point of call if anything did go wrong and to organise the work. This was a cheaper option in agent fees, but then you are putting the responsibility on the contact.

You also have to consider the tax aspect of renting your property out too.

Good luck on what you decide to do.
Claire