Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone rented house in OZ before going over?

Anyone rented house in OZ before going over?

Old Mar 17th 2004, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice
Default Anyone rented house in OZ before going over?

I have been looking a renting a house in Oz and wondered if anyone has done so without actually seeing it first (apart from the internet).

It would save time but I think it could be a bit of a wrong move. What do you think?

Mandy
Old Mar 17th 2004, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone rented house in OZ before going over?

Originally posted by scrawni
I have been looking a renting a house in Oz and wondered if anyone has done so without actually seeing it first (apart from the internet).

It would save time but I think it could be a bit of a wrong move. What do you think?

Mandy

Sounds like a nightmare of an idea:scared:

How would you know it the house was a cockroach/flea infested hovel, smelling of cats pee with gang of triads running a drug factory next door?

Seriously some rentals here are a bit grim, really something you need to see for yourself. Its pretty easy to hook up a couple of weeks temporary accom and then take a good look around.

Cant imagnine anything worse that arriving and spending the first 6 months locked into a dump
Old Mar 17th 2004, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

I agree with Dotty Scrawni. I am going to book a few weeks maybe even a month in a tourist apt whilst I look around. the are plenty for serviced apts about and they usually supply almost everything.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

Yeh, thats just what I thought but I wondered if anyone had actually done it.

I cannot imagine going to the other side of the world and finding the house you have planned to rent for the next 6 months is a hovel.

Mandy
Old Mar 17th 2004, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Another thought, how easy is it to get furnished accommodation? Can't see hubbie sleeping on the floor or no dinner in the oven!

Mandy