Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone recommend websites to update family at home?

Wikiposts

Anyone recommend websites to update family at home?

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 3:41 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone recommend websites to update family at home?

We use www.piczo.com

have pm'd you!
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Hazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant future

Hi

we use Piczo we have been in Aus 15 months now and our family & friends love our website .Put kids photos of xmas day on the site before the family were up in the uk so they still got to see then kids open their presents. I would reccomend it as the family feel as they see a lot of what we we do and I love reading the mesages that they leave.. heres the link to ours

www.theturtons.piczo.com

Hazel
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 7:44 pm
Living on the Gold Coast

Spellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Im on google blogger and update it for family and friends at home in the UK. I have a counter on it too, so I can see who is visiting the site and when. Its been nice seeing my daughter and best friend visiting the site. Quite often you think that people back in the UK aren't thinking about you when you don't here from them for a long time, when obviously they are.

It's free and is easy to set up - if i can do it anyone can! I like that the site looks really professional and is nicely presented.

http://debswestwell.blogspot.com/

http://www.blogger.com/

Debbie
Old Jul 24th 2007, 6:18 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Hi all,

thanks for all the links, you have all got excellent sites well impressed!

Sally, your video's, are they links from Youtube? I do like the Piczo site but I'm not sure I would like every Tom, Dick & Harry looking in on it(like I have just done ), would I be able to password it so that only friends & family could view it?

All the best,

Chris

Old Jul 24th 2007, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

hi

i have just done a piczo site you can do it so that only people that you invite to view can view if that makes sence???

really easy to do have to say
Old Jul 24th 2007, 6:53 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
hi

i have just done a piczo site you can do it so that only people that you invite to view can view if that makes sence???

really easy to do have to say
Hi, my daughter has a Piczo site & she's just got home, she says you can protect it from other viewers unlees they have the password(she thinks!) she going to show me later how to do it How old does that make me feel! She's only 12!

Thanks for the info,

Chris

Old Jul 24th 2007, 2:08 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi all,

thanks for all the links, you have all got excellent sites well impressed!

Sally, your video's, are they links from Youtube? I do like the Piczo site but I'm not sure I would like every Tom, Dick & Harry looking in on it(like I have just done ), would I be able to password it so that only friends & family could view it?

All the best,

Chris

Hi Chris

You can put a password on and also you can't find it doing a search...only people you give the address to can view....does that make sense??

Hubby (also Chris) bought a JVC 20gb video camera and uses that to upload and also to make dvd's to post back to the rellies......they must be really bored of them

Make sure you let us have a nosey at your site though...fair's fair!

Sally
Old Jul 24th 2007, 2:42 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

i use bebo most of my family and freinds have accounts too its a good way of seeing each others pics keeping contact
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

Carol and Nigel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by worzel
I have been using that for ages. Really simple. See my signature.
You have a lot to answer for!!! I have just spent the last day and a half (at work) reading your weblog. From house selling in the UK (trauma!) through buying in Perth, jobs, getting your boat, etc. Promise I am not a stalker - but just so relevant - as just like everyone else on here, we are going through the same things. We arrive in Perth (for 4 years) early September and can't wait.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 12:45 am
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
congratulations on the new addition to your family andy

hitchcock xx
thanks - but new additions are not necessarily needed.

Dad is one of 11 kids, mum is one of 8

I have 3 brothers and a sister

all are married and have kids (except me)

Family christmas at home generally consists of about 35 people!

Lucky mum has a dishwasher!!

Old Jul 25th 2007, 6:49 am

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point

HI all,

My family have suggested I get a webpage to update them of our progress in Aus, can anyone recommend any? It will need to have free space for photo's, don't really want to do a full blog type thingy! Just need it to be simple & easy.

Myspace & the like seem to cluttered with too much going on. Are there any free sites that will let you do this sort of thing?

Cheers all,

Chris

I love www.SmugMug.com. You pay a little more, but it beats Flickr in my view,
Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Dawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant future

you got me thinking about this when i saw this post and today have tried many of the free sites and couldnt get along with most of em, the one i found easiest to use was freewebs
Heres mine i done today in couple of hours
http://www.freewebs.com/ournewlifeinadelaide/index.htm

If when the time comes u need more space u can upgrade from as little as $4.16 a month and can use paypal to pay for it
i found this one very easy to understand so if ya a complete novice its worth a look i think

heres the link to get ya own free page
http://newaccounts.freewebs.com/?ref...ree%20Accounts

hope this helps

Dawn x
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

vgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to all

When I was travelleing round Oz, we used Flickr for sharing photos + sent the odd email. Flickr is great because my dad has this great photoframe (Photovu - is not cheap but will be the first thing I buy when I get a house in Oz) which you can subscribe to a photofeed on Flickr which checks my Flickr photostream (can check multiple) every so often and downloads and displays photos on the photo frame on the kitchen wall. So mum and dad could see what we were up to in Oz on the kitchen wall as often as we uploaded photos. If the whole family is into taking photos as mine is, is great.

I will continue to use Flickr and Facebook when we move in a month or so.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:21 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Originally Posted by vgenburgos
When I was travelleing round Oz, we used Flickr for sharing photos + sent the odd email. Flickr is great because my dad has this great photoframe (Photovu - is not cheap but will be the first thing I buy when I get a house in Oz) which you can subscribe to a photofeed on Flickr which checks my Flickr photostream (can check multiple) every so often and downloads and displays photos on the photo frame on the kitchen wall. So mum and dad could see what we were up to in Oz on the kitchen wall as often as we uploaded photos. If the whole family is into taking photos as mine is, is great.

I will continue to use Flickr and Facebook when we move in a month or so.
Crikey, technology is amazing nowadays, what a brilliant idea! Does Flickr have an upload limit, I will probably use a website like Piczo to do the blog & then use something like Flickr to store my photo's.

Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:29 pm
Love it here!

Crikey, technology is amazing nowadays, what a brilliant idea! Does Flickr have an upload limit, I will probably use a website like Piczo to do the blog & then use something like Flickr to store my photo's.

How many photos are you going to put on?

Piczo increase your limit the more you put on

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.