Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone recommend any high schools between Brisbane North and Sunshine Coast?

Anyone recommend any high schools between Brisbane North and Sunshine Coast?

Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

The Ingham Clan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone recommend any high schools between Brisbane North and Sunshine Coast?

Hi

We are awaiting our 139 visa, been told to expect confirmation any day now. Trying to get some recommendations on high schools, what's good etc. My son is 13 and currently attends private school here, not too bothered if he goes to private or state in Oz providing school is good, hence would appreciate any advice from parents with similar age children who have migrated to Brisbane area.
I know the area I've specified is pretty big, not too bothered were we settle at the moment
First post on the site, really impressed with the quality of information available here, look forward to the replies

Lee
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Rachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone recommend any high schools between Brisbane North and Sunshine Coast?

Originally Posted by The Ingham Clan
Hi

We are awaiting our 139 visa, been told to expect confirmation any day now. Trying to get some recommendations on high schools, what's good etc. My son is 13 and currently attends private school here, not too bothered if he goes to private or state in Oz providing school is good, hence would appreciate any advice from parents with similar age children who have migrated to Brisbane area.
I know the area I've specified is pretty big, not too bothered were we settle at the moment
First post on the site, really impressed with the quality of information available here, look forward to the replies

Lee
Welcome to the site! I'm also new to it!!! I'm sorry I can't give you any info! but I have found this site really useful and I hope you do too!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:50 pm
Account Closed

fishface is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone recommend any high schools between Brisbane North and Sunshine Coast?

Hi my son went to a school called pacific Lutheran in caloundra on sunshine coast it is an independent school and has one of the best reputations on the east coast. is from prep to yr 12.
Website www.pacificlutheran.qld.edu.au
we are back in UK at the mo and plan to return for next school yr in Jan. he was only in prep but we were really impressed! the only thing that may put UK kids off is the uniform!! good luck in your plans, ff
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

A former colleague of mine was the foundation principal of the Fraser Coast Anglican School (college)

Although he isn't there any longer he was a very capable Director of Studies and from recent communication I am impressed by what i have heard about FCAC?

Not 100% sure about the title of the school - happy to be corrected.

Bezza
Old Feb 21st 2006, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Hi

Lee
Hi Lee.

We moved to the Sunshine Coast just over 3 months ago and love it hear we've settled in Buderim and it fantastic, our son statred at Chancellor state college he's 14yrs its got a fantastic name for itself on the Sunshine Coast, if you give them a call (0754543222) they will send you something in the post, have a look on the website too,www.chancellorssc.eq.ed we also had a look at Mountain Creek but heard a bit of bad press cause it's so big ,and a few people we know had taken the kids out of Mountain and moved them into Chancellor if you need any help them PM me.

Paula.
gppd luck with the move.

Paula.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 10:12 pm
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Lee
for coast private schools you could also check out:

immanuel lutheran
http://www.immanuel.qld.edu.au/default.htm

matthew flinders
http://www.mfac.edu.au/nextgen/

sunshine coast grammar
http://www.scgs.qld.edu.au/

caloundra city
http://www.ccs.qld.edu.au/
my 4 year old son goes here - only up to year 8 at moment but are building for age 3-19 facilities.

they're all pretty fantastic - hard to choose i reckon so prob depends on where you're gonna live...