Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone recently moved to Perth or planning to?

Anyone recently moved to Perth or planning to?

Old Jan 15th 2010, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone recently moved to Perth or planning to?

Originally Posted by Zenshin
We are planning on moving back to Perth around that time but I still can't get my head around what we will do once everything is shipped. Was thinking of leaving only a week after shipping so we don't have to "camp" in our own house or eat out too much. I am finding organising it all is getting a bit much.
After our stuff was shipped we visited the mother-in-law for ten days. That was hell! Then off to Perth. And we rented a furnished apartment until our stuff arrived. There was then an unfortunate two-day "gap" until we could move into our unfurnished rental with our stuff and we stayed in a local hotel for the two nights.

It's all a bit awkward until your stuff arrives - but you know it's only temporary.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Lots of new people to Woodvale! Perhaps when you all get here and are a little settled perhaps we could all get together for a mini-meet?

I really like Woodvale. The shops and parks are lovely. Lots of things within walking distance. Not too far from the train or freeway. Good schools.....I could go on!
Old Jan 15th 2010, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

If any of the people coming to Woodvale need any information on the schools here let me know.I have a daughter who will be in year 1 at Woodvale Primary School and a daughter who will be in year 9 at Woodvale SHS.Sue.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

Feeling really excited now just reading this thread - we got our visa august 2008 and haven;t been on BE since as we couldn't go - house move, money traumas etc - finally going in 11 weeks time!

we went out last easter on a validation trip and stayed inQuinns Rocks - really liked it, but planning on a little further north in Butler. we're booked in our holiday rental from last time for a month with container arriving about a 5/6 weeks after we get there.

Can't wait!
Old Jan 17th 2010, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

lang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Clark Family
Hi,

Brand new to the forum.

I am currently in the process of securing a job and my family and I are planning to move to Perth as soon as possible.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can give me a heads up for what areas are good places to live in which are close to schools / shops / parks etc.

We are also planning to enrol our daughter into a dance classes as an out of school activity…any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Neil C

Hi Neil,

Im a long time member here but haven't posted for ages. I moved to Perth in 2006 and came home to Glasgow late 2008. Now im going back out on the 21st Jan and can't wait to get some sun again

We lived in Somerly, Clarkson and it is great up there. Loads of open areas with beautiful water features and a train station within easy reach. The train gets you to the city in about 30 minutes. There is a nursery and plenty local shops.

Oh i forgot to say that there is a good pub there too and its also close to the beach and marina.
Gets the from me.

Good luck in your decision.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

MarcusB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stuart.and.michelle
Good to see we aren't going to be the only new ones to Perth in the coming months!!

We hope to make the move around March/April time this year (got our 175 visa granted last week) and we also have a 3 year old daughter. We're trying to find suitable areas to move to but need to find a holiday home for the first couple of months. Hoping that'll give us the opportunity to find the kind of suburb that suits ours and our daughters needs.
hi, we hope also to be moving to perth this april. we are trying to sell our house at present but we may just getout there for april anyway. we are moving to the rockingham area and we are on a 175 visa. my oh is in IT and we have 3 children aged 14, 12 and 4. all very scarey but a great opportunity. good luck with your move. RB x
Old Jan 21st 2010, 3:20 pm
Chrissy in Cold Canada

ToWAorBust is an unknown quantity at this point

I was looking at Rockingham as well. I have a 15year old who doesn't want to come, a 10 year old girl and an 9 year old boy. I am being optomistic in thinking We will be moving in May. How long did your 175 take?
Christine
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

sean bassett is just really nicesean bassett is just really nicesean bassett is just really nicesean bassett is just really nicesean bassett is just really nicesean bassett is just really nicesean bassett is just really nicesean bassett is just really nicesean bassett is just really nicesean bassett is just really nicesean bassett is just really nice

We are also off to to perth hopefully, kinross, joondalup or butler area
dont know when hopefully by the end of the year to tie in with new school year
Old Jan 21st 2010, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all

Going in August for final reccie and to confirm location, schools, etc etc. Then taking family out in Jan 2011 - only wish it could be earlier!
Old Jan 21st 2010, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

bethc79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

We are moving to Perth on the 26th Jan, soooo excited and nervous at the same time, we are heading to Joondalup for a few months till we find our feet.
Good luck to you all
Beth x
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

We're moving on the 20th May. Staying in Tapping for 2 months in a holiday rental. That will hopefully give us enough time to sort out where to live permanently.

We have a 3 year old daughter who likes to tell random strangers that she is moving to Australia.

We are looking forward to moving but at the same time I am dreading it as there is so much to do before then! Argh!!

It would be good to keep in touch with our experiences etc as having a network when we all get there will help with settling in etc.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

We are a family of 4 heading to perth too!! When the house sells, that is! In fact, when we finally put it on the market, that'll help LOL

Not sure about areas.. but have a few in mind

No jobs lined up either

Will take a step at a time.... I guess

Good luck everyone!!! xx
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

ShinerBock is a name known to allShinerBock is a name known to allShinerBock is a name known to allShinerBock is a name known to allShinerBock is a name known to allShinerBock is a name known to allShinerBock is a name known to allShinerBock is a name known to allShinerBock is a name known to allShinerBock is a name known to allShinerBock is a name known to all

we move in July NOR, hubby and I and 2 kiddo's.

Looks like a meet up will definitely be on the cards!

Good luck everyone.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck everyone on the way, we will be joining you on the 4th Jan 2011 when after starting the process some 3 years ago we will find ourselves plonked in or around Quinns Rocks/Butler/jindelee.

Its all in the planning and we sure are doing a lot of that

Would be nice to think people who arrive in WA could post there early experiences here to let us all know what to expect and prepare us for the big move
Be Lucky
Matt Rach n Olly
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 2:20 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pomerz
[F]Good luck everyone on the way, we will be joining you on the 4th Jan 2011 when after starting the process some 3 years ago we will find ourselves plonked in or around Quinns Rocks/Butler/jindelee.

Its all in the planning and we sure are doing a lot of that

Would be nice to think people who arrive in WA could post there early experiences here to let us all know what to expect and prepare us for the big move
Be Lucky
Matt Rach n Olly
[/FONT]
Like your avatar
It seems like a lot of people are heading this way.Just like to wish you all good luck with the move and selling of houses etc.Sue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.