Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone from Reading & surrounding moving to Sydney?

Anyone from Reading & surrounding moving to Sydney?

Old Mar 1st 2007, 6:39 am
I'd rather be fishin' !!!

Kernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud of
Default Anyone from Reading & surrounding moving to Sydney?

If anyone in the Reading or surrounding areas is due to move to Sydney, would you like to meet up?

Let us know and then we will arrange a time and place. Or, if you prefer, pm us.

We are planning to go Down Under at the end of May/early June.

Thanks.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

emmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone from Reading & surrounding moving to Sydney?

Hi there

Is Guildford too far for you to go for a meet? (My geography is not that good!) There is a thread for a meet up in Surrey/Hampshire and we've arranged to meet at a place in Guildford on 25th March. If it's not too far for you, go the thread and add your name to the list. It would be great to meet you as we are also going to Sydney, and there aren't that many of us it seems!

Debbie x
Old Mar 1st 2007, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Originally Reading - now the Beautiful Central Coast!
MurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kernow1
If anyone in the Reading or surrounding areas is due to move to Sydney, would you like to meet up?

Let us know and then we will arrange a time and place. Or, if you prefer, pm us.

Thanks.
Hello

We're from Reading and are planning to live in Sydney!! Just got back on Monday from a holiday out there - attending a wedding and having a look around. Whereabouts in Reading are you and how far down the process are you? and what visa etc?
Old Mar 1st 2007, 5:50 pm

Kernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MurphFam
Hello

We're from Reading and are planning to live in Sydney!! Just got back on Monday from a holiday out there - attending a wedding and having a look around. Whereabouts in Reading are you and how far down the process are you? and what visa etc?

We are actually in Tadley. We were granted our PR visas in 2002. We went to Oz to validate the visas, stayed for 8 months and came back. Family, friends, lack of jobs in Oz, etc brought us back. But now we are going back before the visas run out in Oct.

We have 136 and 138 visas. That is because one was granted on skills matching (IT) and the other on sponsorship. Brother-in-law lives in Sydney and he is going to Canada for a year to do his fellowship in radiology. So we are going to rent his house from him which gives us somewhere to stay as soon as we land and we will have use of his car etc. Too good an opportunity to miss really.

How about a meet on Sun 25th March at the Fox & Hounds in Theale at 12.30? Let us know if this is convenient for you and also if anyone else wants to join, then please do so.

Look forward to meeting you.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:46 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

How about a meet on Sun 25th March at the Fox & Hounds in Theale at 12.30? Let us know if this is convenient for you and also if anyone else wants to join, then please do so.

Hi,

we're from Reading but moving to Perth. There is already a meet arranged for 25th March in Guildford (as emmo said) and so you might want to have your meet on another day? Have a look here:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=427603&page=5

Gina
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Location: Originally Reading - now the Beautiful Central Coast!
MurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really nice

Hello

We can't make 25 March for either location. Sundays are a bit of a nightmare in our house!!

Gina - whereabouts do you live - what visa did you apply on and what are your plans? I know, I know I sound nosey but it's all so very exciting! And I crave information!!!

Tracy
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 11:15 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MurphFam
Gina - whereabouts do you live - what visa did you apply on and what are your plans? I know, I know I sound nosey but it's all so very exciting! And I crave information!!!

Tracy
Hi Tracy,

the info is all in my profile : We live in Reading. We applied for a 136 MODL and have got the visa. And we'll be off to Perth once the house has sold. House will go on the market at the end of March and I hope we're in Perth by 1 August.

Shame you can't come to the meet. Maybe next time.

Gina
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

Hay2007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks.
Hi,

First time posting on here, only discovered the site last week.

We are currently in London and moving to Sydney in June, however wont be around on the 25th for the meet, although sounds good.

Good luck to you all going out there and who knows myabe we can hook up when we're all there?

Have a good weekend
Old Mar 5th 2007, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

amberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really nice

We are actually in Tadley. We were granted our PR visas in 2002. We went to Oz to validate the visas, stayed for 8 months and came back. Family, friends, lack of jobs in Oz, etc brought us back. But now we are going back before the visas run out in Oct.

We have 136 and 138 visas. That is because one was granted on skills matching (IT) and the other on sponsorship. Brother-in-law lives in Sydney and he is going to Canada for a year to do his fellowship in radiology. So we are going to rent his house from him which gives us somewhere to stay as soon as we land and we will have use of his car etc. Too good an opportunity to miss really.

Hi
Can't make the meet, not moving to sydney, just thinking of applying for a visa to move to either adelaide or brisbane, have family is brisbane. Just wanted to say hi as we live in Tadley also.
Good luck
Old Mar 5th 2007, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by amberandjason
Hi
Can't make the meet, not moving to sydney, just thinking of applying for a visa to move to either adelaide or brisbane, have family is brisbane. Just wanted to say hi as we live in Tadley also.
Good luck
Hi Amberandjason

Sunny Tadley aswell then Not quite Brisbane huh? Thanks for popping in and good luck with your plans.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 12:45 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Amberandjason

Sunny Tadley aswell then Not quite Brisbane huh? Thanks for popping in and good luck with your plans.
Hi Kernow. We were in Reading up until June last year, as you know we are now in the Illawarra. Tadleys not a bad little place, my brother lives out there and they seem pretty happy with the place. He works at the AWE so he's even happier with the 5 minute drive to work

Gina, how are the plans going? I havent been around for a while so am a bit behind