Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone Quitting Aus due to High Cost of Living

Anyone Quitting Aus due to High Cost of Living

Old Nov 3rd 2011, 8:31 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone Quitting Aus due to High Cost of Living

Originally Posted by paulry
Ah that's right, try and conceal your ignorance by throwing insults.
They are not insults

Take a look at yourself.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 8:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Any more acronyms, unnecessary personal remarks, abuse etc and the thread will be closed. Over it.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 8:46 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Acronym cencorship, I can see the forum entering a whole new phase now
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 8:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish
Acronym cencorship, I can see the forum entering a whole new phase now
I have no idea what cencorship is but if you have an issue with anything a Mod does feel free to complain to Sue.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 9:18 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

A shame it decended to insults, it's commonly said that personal insults are the hallmark of the loser with his back to the wall, so that's the end of that particular discussion I suppose

Have to say it's drastically changed my estimation of a few people here - some for the good and others for the bad.

So back on topic:

It's bloody expensive here but I'm not for quitting!
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 9:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I have no idea what cencorship is but if you have an issue with anything a Mod does feel free to complain to Sue.
I was only having a laugh, hence the smiley in case you didn't get it

The dig at my spelling was a bit beneath you though
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 9:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by stevenglish
I was only having a laugh, hence the smiley in case you didn't get it

The dig at my spelling was a bit beneath you though
So you don't get humour either.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 9:33 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
I do agree, they show a photo of a big flash detached house in Australia and some pokey little terrace in the UK for balance, you have to love the Daily Fail.
Exactly. Happiness is in the mind, not a sodding house

Originally Posted by Bix
This was sent to another expat forum.
Shows how in depth their research is.

I'm a reporter at the Daily Mail newspaper in London and we're running a story in tomorrow's newspaper about British expats who move to Australia but return to the UK. It's following the release of a survey which says more Brits are coming home to Oz after a couple of years rather than staying out there for good. We're looking for a case study of someone who decided Australia wasn't for them and came back home.

I was hoping you guys might know of someone who fits the bill and might like to be interviewed by us really quickly this evening (Nov 1). I appreciate it's really short notice but if anyone does spring to mind, please do drop me a line.

All best wishes,
I could tell there was a lot of research went in to that article - it showed in the stats and facts
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 9:34 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

For those seeking out the truth from the full range of sources you need to look no further than here:

British Demographic Genocide

Shocking
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 9:34 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
So you don't get humour either.
Clearly not
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 9:43 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I'm struggling with the philosophy that when you become something you have to relinquish the right to have an opinion on it.

I don't think many people could uphold that remit.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Exactly. Happiness is in the mind, not a sodding house

I could tell there was a lot of research went in to that article - it showed in the stats and facts
Interesting article. Not the best journalism but I have had some pals who have gone back to start families near grandparents. All of you have points in everyone is different and has different crcumstances. I don't buy the boring thing. Once you have kids its not like you need to be somewhere with 20 million nightclubs. Sydney is certainly not boring so I don't know what that bird was on about but yes there is no culture.

I would have to say the price of living must have come into it too. Certainly must make a difference
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 10:26 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
A shame it decended to insults, it's commonly said that personal insults are the hallmark of the loser with his back to the wall
I think the only loser in this debate is you.

You have clearly stated your hypocritical, bigoted and xenophobic views for all to see

Last edited by Grayling; Nov 3rd 2011 at 10:33 am. Reason: missed a word
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 10:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itxrd
Once you have kids its not like you need to be somewhere with 20 million nightclubs.
Several hundred restaurants suddenly become very interesting!!

I said a few months ago that we quite like the burlesque scene. A few bars around, with exotic dancers and acrobats. So a feed, then you can have a after dinner drink and watch a friendly girl take most of her clothes off - and even Ms B likes it. Loads of middle-age couples. Very civilised.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Several hundred restaurants suddenly become very interesting!!

I said a few months ago that we quite like the burlesque scene. A few bars around, with exotic dancers and acrobats. So a feed, then you can have a after dinner drink and watch a friendly girl take most of her clothes off - and even Ms B likes it. Loads of middle-age couples. Very civilised.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.