Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone with a Pug?

Anyone with a Pug?

Old Apr 11th 2010, 11:36 am
Just Joined

nickxpring is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone with a Pug?

I have a Pug and would like to take him to Perth with me when I move over. Does anyone have one or know of anyone who has one? Hot weather can sometimes be a problem with Pugs so I'm not sure whether to take him or not?!

Old Apr 11th 2010, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

bruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone with a Pug?

not sure u can take snub nose dogs to australia when I asked about my bulldog I was told no airline takes them.....if u can its also roughly £3k and lots of tests and vaccinations also 30 days in quarenteen ...I hope for you they have changed the rules, call a shipping agent for pets they will know
Old Apr 12th 2010, 1:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bruce n sheila
not sure u can take snub nose dogs to australia when I asked about my bulldog I was told no airline takes them.....if u can its also roughly £3k and lots of tests and vaccinations also 30 days in quarenteen ...I hope for you they have changed the rules, call a shipping agent for pets they will know
There are one or two airlines who will carry them. Cathay are one I believe.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 6:28 am
Just Joined

Nicky d is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Anyone with a Pug?

Originally Posted by nickxpring
I have a Pug and would like to take him to Perth with me when I move over. Does anyone have one or know of anyone who has one? Hot weather can sometimes be a problem with Pugs so I'm not sure whether to take him or not?!

We brought our 3 yr old pug over from the UK to Melbourne last December. We used Pet Air UK and he went with Cathay Pacific. He was very well looked after as he had to spend an extra 4 weeks in the UK- (They changed the Rabies law a couple of days before we flew out, so he had to have the injection and wait for more blood tests) The heat in Melbourne isnt as severe as Perth but he's coped very well over the summer, we do have a "pug pool" for him (an old baby bath) that he lies in to cool off .He lost a bit of weight in quarantine but that wasnt a bad thing! - no other problems at all. Good luck
Old Apr 28th 2010, 6:41 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Thought the OP was about Peugeots...
Old Apr 28th 2010, 8:12 am
Just Joined

jen_c is an unknown quantity at this point

We are also planning on bringing our pug to Perth. I was concerned about the heat but after alot of research decided it would be ok. As long as we are sensible and dont take him for walks during the hottest part of the day, i think our pug will be fine.

Most airlines refuse to fly pugs. I spoke with Pet Air who said they can fly him with Cathay Pacific and i think Japan airlines will also fly pugs.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you meant pickup group, pug, gaming term
Old Apr 29th 2010, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

UK-2-OZ will become famous soon enoughUK-2-OZ will become famous soon enough

Pugs are fine out here and there are lots of Breed Clubs around who you could have a chat with. I would recommend keeping any brachycephalic dog indoors during extreme temperatures. In regards to shipping then yes brachycephalic dogs are most at risk.