Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone Pregnant on the Gold Coast?

Anyone Pregnant on the Gold Coast?

Old Oct 23rd 2008, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

BrisbaneBound2008 will become famous soon enough
Default Anyone Pregnant on the Gold Coast?

Hello!

I'm 5months pregnant and wondered if there were any other pregnant expat ladies who fancy meeting up?

We've been here 5months now (yep, having a truely aussie baby!!) and I am keen to make some new friends

I live on the north of the Gold Coast, near Runaway Bay area.

Cat
Old Oct 28th 2008, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Anyone Pregnant on the Gold Coast?

Anyone?

It looks like EVERYONE on the Gold Coast is pregnant when you go out!!!
Old Oct 31st 2008, 5:15 am
Just Joined

brian247 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BrisbaneBound2008
Hello!

I'm 5months pregnant and wondered if there were any other pregnant expat ladies who fancy meeting up?

We've been here 5months now (yep, having a truely aussie baby!!) and I am keen to make some new friends

I live on the north of the Gold Coast, near Runaway Bay area.

Cat
Hi my name is kerry i am 6 months pregnant we live in burleigh been here 2 half years looking forward to having an ausi bub be good to meet up
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Stella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to all

I'm 5 months too, but been here since June '07. Our baby will be an Aussie Citizen before us I live in Labrador btw.
All you both having your babies public or private?
Lucyx
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Kerry and Lucy! Good to hear from you both - it would be great to meet up - I'm easy on location (I love burleigh and am close to Labrador) and not working so about most days although Wed and Fri are busier for me. Let me know when is good for you if you fancy it!

I'm going public, am having bubs at the Birth Centre in the Gold Coast Hospital and can't wait! Am so happy I got in. We're not gunna other with private health insurance, I've been really impressed with our care so far so! How about you two? Where are you having your bubs?
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Stella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to all

Yep Gold Coast for me too Although not the birthing centre. I had a few dramas at the beginning and was seeing a private obstetrician. It was only when he started talking about delivering at Pindara Private Hospital that the $$$$ started to look a bit scary so I went to my GP and got in at the GC, but too late unfortunately for the birthing centre or a water birth apparently. Hey ho!

We did have private health insurance but it was only when I fell pregnant that I realised I never actually ticked the obstetrics box Oops! So we decided to forget it and go public. We've actually found that we haven't saved a great deal by having private health insurance and you can still get lumbered with a bill in the thousands after having a baby, especially if there are any complications. So public sounds good to us!

It's hard for me to meet up at the moment because I'm working about 40 mins away in Marsden. But I'm a teacher and term finishes on 12th December so nearer christmas will be great.

Do you know what you're having yet? We're expecting a girl, well they said girl at the 20 week scan. We're having a 3d/4d one done on 5th December so fingers crossed she still is, otherwise *he* will be wearing a lot of pink

Btw, I'm 32 (primary teacher) and hubby is 34 (former secondary teacher now works in IT in Brissy)

Keep in touch, it'd be great to hear how you're going
Lucyx
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Ha ha ha! I hope its still a she as well then!!! No, were leaving it as a surprise

Ah thats cool, we've got friends coming over from UK and bits and bobs going on so after 12th Dec would prob work well! I'll PM you my personal email (if I can work out how to do it!) so send me a quick message from your regular email address when you get it, prob easier to arrange something that way rather than through this site as I'm not on here much at all! If thats ok with you?

I'm 28 (massage therapist although not working at the moment - but wish all my massage therapist friends where here now to give me lots of massages!!!) and hubby Ian is 38 (bricklayer - loving working in the weather over here!!)

Keep in touch (would love to hear how the 4d scan goes!! They look amazing!) and look forward to meeting up in Dec