Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Perth know where I can horse ride?

Anyone in Perth know where I can horse ride?

Old May 8th 2003, 2:09 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Anyone in Perth know where I can horse ride?

Hi There,

I have recently moved to Perth and would like to know if there is anyone from the UK here that had horses or has horses now and knows where I can ride? I have a horse back in England and would like to start riding again.
Old May 8th 2003, 2:16 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Perth know where I can horse ride?

Originally posted by janeyray
Hi There,

I have recently moved to Perth and would like to know if there is anyone from the UK here that had horses or has horses now and knows where I can ride? I have a horse back in England and would like to start riding again.
Plenty of riding schools if you felt like a laugh there is also cammel riding .

Old May 8th 2003, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

aussie bloke is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone in Perth know where I can horse ride?

Originally posted by janeyray
Hi There,

try here

just remember it will not be like a typical English countryside stroll
they gallop along the beach also and you'll come across emu's (wild) while riding. all in all a great time.

http://www.stablesyanchep.com.au/
Old May 8th 2003, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Have been to the stables at Yanchep, my daughter did a moonlight ride on Good Friday through bush and along the beach, there is also Ron's stables and plenty more in the Wanneroo area, just look in the yellow pages.

Loopy
Old May 8th 2003, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Take a look at http://www.showgroundsequestrian.com.au/

It has info on "orse" riding jumping and stuff. !!
Old May 8th 2003, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there a certificate or standard when it comes to horse riding schools. My daughter rides here and would like to carry on if possible. Over here the equestrian centre is B.H.S approved.

thanks in advance

footie chick
Old May 8th 2003, 12:40 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Loopy
Have been to the stables at Yanchep, my daughter did a moonlight ride on Good Friday through bush and along the beach, there is also Ron's stables and plenty more in the Wanneroo area, just look in the yellow pages.

Loopy
thank a lot I will take a look, Waneroo would be easy to get to. I know there is a large riding school called Brookleigh Equestrian Estate in the Swann view are, its very formal and costs $60 for 45min instruction, was looking for something slightly cheaper!!!
Old May 8th 2003, 12:58 pm
home again, home again

Originally posted by footie chick
Is there a certificate or standard when it comes to horse riding schools. My daughter rides here and would like to carry on if possible. Over here the equestrian centre is B.H.S approved.

thanks in advance

footie chick
Some riding schools like the one I mentioned above www.brookleigh.com.au will teach to a level similar to the B.H.S in the UK, here it is A.H.R.C (Australian Horse Riding Centres) and N.C.A.S (National Coaching Accreditation Scheme).
The Equestrian Federation Of Australia runs the training, these are the equivalent to the B.H.S
Old May 8th 2003, 1:05 pm
home again, home again

Originally posted by karawara88
Take a look at http://www.showgroundsequestrian.com.au/

It has info on "orse" riding jumping and stuff. !!
Thanks a lot, I will take a look
Old May 8th 2003, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that janeyray that news will please the daughter.

footie chick