Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Perth into cars/motorsport???

Anyone in Perth into cars/motorsport???

Old Mar 9th 2008, 5:40 am
Never give up!!

Nairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really nice
Default Anyone in Perth into cars/motorsport???

Is ther anyone into the above or any local clubs etc (SOR) or any classic car meets??

Mike
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Tigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone in Perth into cars/motorsport???

Originally Posted by Nairn
Is ther anyone into the above or any local clubs etc (SOR) or any classic car meets??

Mike
Hi we are into F1 and have been to the Motorplex at Kwinana Beach.
OH excited about new F1 season starting next week.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:44 am
Never give up!!

Nairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tigeresswhite
Hi we are into F1 and have been to the Motorplex at Kwinana Beach.
OH excited about new F1 season starting next week.

Hi,#Do they show the GP on Aussie TV just checked my Foxtel brochure and no mention in there about it, I have been to the Motorplex as we dont live far from there but didnt enjoy it as much as the Stock car racing in the UK.

Mike
Old Mar 9th 2008, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really nice

Hi,#Do they show the GP on Aussie TV just checked my Foxtel brochure and no mention in there about it, I have been to the Motorplex as we dont live far from there but didnt enjoy it as much as the Stock car racing in the UK.

Mike
It is on channel 10 and the qualifying is on on Friday at 1pm and the race is on Sunday. The website for 10 says it is on from 10.00-5.00 pm on Saturday and Sunday. Not quite sure what happens if they show everything on the Saturday and on the Sunday as well as the race? Hopefully someone who has been here to watch a previous GP can shed some light on this for us.

know what you mean about the motorplex but it is OK. As long as it is fast and there are crashes it is good imo.

Do you know of any more over here?

Nicky
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:15 am
Never give up!!

Originally Posted by Tigeresswhite
It is on channel 10 and the qualifying is on on Friday at 1pm and the race is on Sunday. The website for 10 says it is on from 10.00-5.00 pm on Saturday and Sunday. Not quite sure what happens if they show everything on the Saturday and on the Sunday as well as the race? Hopefully someone who has been here to watch a previous GP can shed some light on this for us.

know what you mean about the motorplex but it is OK. As long as it is fast and there are crashes it is good imo.

Do you know of any more over here?

Nicky
Hi Nicky,
We went to Wanneroo at the end of last season but the turn out of cars was really poor and the track is boring,Motorplex is OK but theres not enough crashes!!!. The Rally championship starts soon the first round is at Bunbury and there is the big car show at Whitman park next wknd so that will keep me going for a while.

Mike
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Nicky,
We went to Wanneroo at the end of last season but the turn out of cars was really poor and the track is boring,Motorplex is OK but theres not enough crashes!!!. The Rally championship starts soon the first round is at Bunbury and there is the big car show at Whitman park next wknd so that will keep me going for a while.

Mike
Hi Mike

What type of cars at the Whiteman Park? There were quite a lot of crashes at the Motorplex the day we went so it was OK. I love the crashes!.
Roll on F1.
Have you done the man thing of driving the Lotus Elise, Ferrari 355? I got Mark that for his birthday and he had a stupid grin on his face all day, can't talk I went around Silverstone in a cateram and that was fab!
Old Mar 12th 2008, 9:25 am
Never give up!!

Hi,
We used to race back home then my son started so me and my wife stopped and used our time and ££ for him, He did well finnishing 3rd in the British Rallycross Champs hence the piccy on my avatar driving the works evo 8 rally car and onlt 2/10ths a mile slower than Jonny Milner in the same car on the same day!!.
Not bad for a 13 yr old!!!!!

But sorry for raving on I have raced at Silverstone(nat track),Brands (indy),Thruxton,Cadwell park,Snetterton,and Oulton.

Talk soon

Mike
Old Mar 12th 2008, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi,
We used to race back home then my son started so me and my wife stopped and used our time and ££ for him, He did well finnishing 3rd in the British Rallycross Champs hence the piccy on my avatar driving the works evo 8 rally car and onlt 2/10ths a mile slower than Jonny Milner in the same car on the same day!!.
Not bad for a 13 yr old!!!!!

But sorry for raving on I have raced at Silverstone(nat track),Brands (indy),Thruxton,Cadwell park,Snetterton,and Oulton.

Talk soon

Mike
So you have a budding champion in your midst then - how fantastic.
Been to all of the tracks you mentioned but never raced. I would more than likely be better a the demolition derby! I would be more smash than race.

My dad used to build F1 and F4 cars in Dunstable and then Milton Keynes so that I where I get my interest from and we used to go to all of the races and meet the drivers before his firm stopped paying for the tickets and dad ended up working.
Has your lad got into it over here? Is he racing?

Nicky