Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone over 30???

Anyone over 30???

Old Apr 29th 2005, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Anyone over 30???

A little something my sister sent me (bless her!) Enjoy!

How true.....

For those who are not 30 yet - you've got something to look forward to.

THIS HAS BEEN WRITTEN BY A MAN.

This is for all you girls 30 years and over.... and for those who are turning 30, and for those who are scared of moving into their 30's...AND for guys who are scared of girls over 30!!!!...

This was written by Andy Rooney from CBS 60 Minutes.

Andy Rooney says:

As I grow in age, I value women who are over 30 most of all. Here are just a few reasons why:

A woman over 30 will never wake you in the middle of the night to ask, "What are you thinking?" She doesn't care what you think.

If a woman over 30 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, it's usually something more interesting.

A woman over 30 knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom.

Few women past the age of 30 give a damn what you might think about her or what she's doing.

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it's like to be unappreciated.

A woman over 30 has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends.

A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn't trust the guy with other women.

Women over 30 couldn't care less if you're attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won't betray her.

Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 30. They always know.

A woman over 30 looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not true of younger women.

Women over 30 have more tricks up their sleeve in bed.

Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 30 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.

Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk if you are acting like one! You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her.

Yes, we praise women over 30 for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed hot woman of 30+, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year-old waitress.

Ladies, I apologize. For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

HAVE A GOOD DAY !!

Pootle xx
Old Apr 29th 2005, 11:19 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone over 30???

Love it Pootle, had a bit of a crisis when I turned 30 last year, have just sent it to my friends who are all hovering just over or under!!!
Old Apr 29th 2005, 11:24 am
blossom

It's all absolutely true !

Blossom

Old Apr 29th 2005, 11:31 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blossom
It's all absolutely true !
Blossom
It misses a couple of things
1 - Women over 30 are better cooks as they have learnt from their mistakes
2- Women over 30 are better at ironing as they have had more practice
3 - Women over 30 are better at doing the washing as they have had more practice

Old Apr 29th 2005, 11:34 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wargod
It misses a couple of things
1 - Women over 30 are better cooks as they have learnt from their mistakes
2- Women over 30 are better at ironing as they have had more practice
3 - Women over 30 are better at doing the washing as they have had more practice

.....and women over 30 have enough sense/money to get someone else to do these things for them............
Old Apr 29th 2005, 11:45 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

so what happens when they reach 40? my master turned 40 last year, just wondering what i'm in for? I have heard women are like the sea, calm and peaceful 1 minute and angry and aggresive the next. Please god help me!!!
Old Apr 29th 2005, 12:02 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcmercer
.....and women over 30 have enough sense/money to get someone else to do these things for them............
Touché
Old Apr 29th 2005, 12:07 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
so what happens when they reach 40? my master turned 40 last year, just wondering what i'm in for? I have heard women are like the sea, calm and peaceful 1 minute and angry and aggresive the next. Please god help me!!!
like the sea? calm and peaceful one minute and angry and agressive the next?
yeah AND-deep, mysterious and eternally beautiful !
from a fab thirty something
Old Apr 29th 2005, 12:18 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by squeezzii
like the sea? calm and peaceful one minute and angry and agressive the next?
yeah AND-deep, mysterious and eternally beautiful !
from a fab thirty something

Okay i'll go along with that.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 12:23 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Okay i'll go along with that.

Amazing but true. I think when 40 hits it is a very different story,,,
Old Apr 29th 2005, 1:00 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ben wanting brisbane life
Amazing but true. I think when 40 hits it is a very different story,,,
Excuse me, I am over 40. I am not nice and sweet one minute then piggin irrational the next And I really really really object to the idea that over 30 is an "older" woman. ***** off. Going by the longevity of my family both male and female, I am not yet middle aged and inside I am only 17 - there is just this strange outside bit that doesn't belong.

Rant over, hot flush finished
Old Apr 29th 2005, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Excuse me, I am over 40. I am not nice and sweet one minute then piggin irrational the next And I really really really object to the idea that over 30 is an "older" woman. ***** off. Going by the longevity of my family both male and female, I am not yet middle aged and inside I am only 17 - there is just this strange outside bit that doesn't belong.

Rant over, hot flush finished
Old Apr 29th 2005, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

nanci will become famous soon enoughnanci will become famous soon enough

As one who will be 43 tomorrow and spent a little time recently mulling over life in general, given our move to Sydney in the last year and all the changes and dramas that brought with it.

I can say that I am happier in my own skin than I have ever been, although must I admit all these celebrities who never age are a bit galling, and that life is pretty good.

So bring it on is what I say,

Nanci
Old Apr 29th 2005, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Didnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the rough

Well as someone who is thirty something!!!!!!!

I've got to say what a liberation, but that has to go for hubby!!!!!!!

Must confess, would I give a shit about what we know or don, probably not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets say, having fun and all the rest!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 1st 2005, 5:49 pm
jude

judeyoga will become famous soon enoughjudeyoga will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pootle
A little something my sister sent me (bless her!) Enjoy!

How true.....

For those who are not 30 yet - you've got something to look forward to.

THIS HAS BEEN WRITTEN BY A MAN.

This is for all you girls 30 years and over.... and for those who are turning 30, and for those who are scared of moving into their 30's...AND for guys who are scared of girls over 30!!!!...

This was written by Andy Rooney from CBS 60 Minutes.

Andy Rooney says:

As I grow in age, I value women who are over 30 most of all. Here are just a few reasons why:

A woman over 30 will never wake you in the middle of the night to ask, "What are you thinking?" She doesn't care what you think.

If a woman over 30 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, it's usually something more interesting.

A woman over 30 knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom.

Few women past the age of 30 give a damn what you might think about her or what she's doing.

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it's like to be unappreciated.

A woman over 30 has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends.

A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn't trust the guy with other women.

Women over 30 couldn't care less if you're attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won't betray her.

Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 30. They always know.

A woman over 30 looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not true of younger women.

Women over 30 have more tricks up their sleeve in bed.

Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 30 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.

Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk if you are acting like one! You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her.

Yes, we praise women over 30 for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed hot woman of 30+, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year-old waitress.

Ladies, I apologize. For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

HAVE A GOOD DAY !!

Pootle xx
Love the sentiment - but slightly depressed to be referred to as an 'older woman' - hell who am I kidding, my 20 year old step daughter makes me feel like that every day.

But then again I am so pleased that i dont have to get bits pierced or tattooed to keep up with friends, pretend to like certain music or football or dress like a slapper in order to impress a lad.

H'ray for 30 something and not giving a monkeys!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.