Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

is anyone out there heading to adelaide?

is anyone out there heading to adelaide?

Old May 11th 2005, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

jan&baz is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool is anyone out there heading to adelaide?

Hi, we are new to this site and were wondering if anyone else is going to Adelaide. We are hoping to be there by the end of 2005. At the moment we are in the process of getting our application up together, with the help of a migration agent. I am a nurse, hubby Barry and we have 2 boys age 10 and 13yrs. Jan
Old May 11th 2005, 6:48 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: is anyone out there heading to adelaide?

Originally Posted by jan&baz
Hi, we are new to this site and were wondering if anyone else is going to Adelaide. We are hoping to be there by the end of 2005. At the moment we are in the process of getting our application up together, with the help of a migration agent. I am a nurse, hubby Barry and we have 2 boys age 10 and 13yrs. Jan
welcome to the site i'm off to perth but got mate who moved 2 ad 2 years ago and loves it big style
Old May 11th 2005, 7:25 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Check out this forum chock full of people moving to Adelaide!!

http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits/

Old May 11th 2005, 9:02 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Hi Jan & Baz

We are off to Adelaide ( if DIMIA let us, that is), currently waiting for our TRA result, only been 3 weeks so will be a while yet.
Three daughters, 17, 12 and 10.

Carole & Darren

Old May 11th 2005, 9:34 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: is anyone out there heading to adelaide?

yup ...We're Adelaide bound....just the small matter of us waiting for our medical request....Never been.. so we're just taking the three kids and five suitcases... for the whole new life package...(NEW LIFE NEW START NEW STUFF)

CORKER
Old May 12th 2005, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

deano will become famous soon enoughdeano will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: is anyone out there heading to adelaide?

Hi, we are new to this site and were wondering if anyone else is going to Adelaide.

We are hoping to be there by the end of 2005. At the moment we are in the process of getting our application up together, with the help of a migration agent. I am a nurse, hubby Barry and we have 2 boys age 10 and 13yrs. Jan

we're heading for adelaide, got our visas granted only two days ago so we're still somewhere up in the clouds at the moment. starting to panic now that we won't be ready on time, we plan to go in november if the house sells ok, we've only got until the 27th dec on our visa so if we're not ready then it looks like a short break to oz to validate the visas and back again! there's Dean(my hubby, occupational therapist) myself, angie and our 13 year old daughter Alyce.
Old May 12th 2005, 9:38 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: is anyone out there heading to adelaide?

Originally Posted by deano
we're heading for adelaide, got our visas granted only two days ago so we're still somewhere up in the clouds at the moment. starting to panic now that we won't be ready on time, we plan to go in november if the house sells ok, we've only got until the 27th dec on our visa so if we're not ready then it looks like a short break to oz to validate the visas and back again! there's Dean(my hubby, occupational therapist) myself, angie and our 13 year old daughter Alyce.
GOOD LUCK......now the fun really begins.....let us know how you get on....

CORKER
Old May 12th 2005, 10:01 pm
aussie73

Watch out for the crocodiles on the beaches read the link below
http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...showtopic=8891

Old May 13th 2005, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Hi Angie, it's exciting but scary eh. We are just waiting for a skills assessment then we can apply for our visa. We are going on an Employer nomination scheme, I have a job at Flinders Private Hospital. Hopefully the visa won't take to long but like you we will have to sell our house. The thing is we are still doing it up! Still life's to short to worry. We spent a year in Adelaide in 2003 and once we got home just wanted to return. Have you been there yet, or to Oz? Why have you chosen Ad. Our 2 boys are excited but our 13 yr old is worried about missing grandma etc. Would Alyce be in yr 8 now, Chris is and Michael is yr 6. Barry is a decorator but hoping for a change and as you know I'm a RN and will be on the cardiac ward at Flinders. Flinders is a lovely modern hospital with lovely views of the sunsets when I'm working late! We rented a house in Hove, a stones throw from the beach and I woukd, if we could afford to, go back that way. Brighton school is very good and when we were there before the boys did really well at their primary school. If you want to chat about anything feel free to e.mail me. Hoping for a Xmas barbi too! Jan.
Old May 13th 2005, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Jan & Barry

We hope to be off to Adelaide too, all being well

All the best with your application.

Karen, Ashley & three boys Sam (13), Toby (8) and Max (4)
Old May 13th 2005, 1:53 pm
Shaz

Shazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant future

Hi Jan,

we are going to Adelaide this summer, we had our medicals last week & are just waiting to sell the house. Have you been on ad/brits ? check it out, its a fab site
Old May 13th 2005, 2:02 pm
roorooney

roorooney is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'm Ruth and Sheamus, my husband (a spark) are heading out to Adelaide too - just submitted the DCCs to the agency and would love to be out there by end of 2005. We've never been to Adelaide but have not heard one bad report - just can't wait to be there.
RUTH
Old May 13th 2005, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

deano will become famous soon enoughdeano will become famous soon enough

Hi Angie, it's exciting but scary eh. We are just waiting for a skills assessment then we can apply for our visa. We are going on an Employer nomination scheme, I have a job at Flinders Private Hospital. Hopefully the visa won't take to long but like you we will have to sell our house. The thing is we are still doing it up! Still life's to short to worry. We spent a year in Adelaide in 2003 and once we got home just wanted to return. Have you been there yet, or to Oz? Why have you chosen Ad. Our 2 boys are excited but our 13 yr old is worried about missing grandma etc. Would Alyce be in yr 8 now, Chris is and Michael is yr 6. Barry is a decorator but hoping for a change and as you know I'm a RN and will be on the cardiac ward at Flinders. Flinders is a lovely modern hospital with lovely views of the sunsets when I'm working late! We rented a house in Hove, a stones throw from the beach and I woukd, if we could afford to, go back that way. Brighton school is very good and when we were there before the boys did really well at their primary school. If you want to chat about anything feel free to e.mail me. Hoping for a Xmas barbi too! Jan.
hi jan, we've just put the last coat of paint on the front door, painted the kitchen ceiling and my job for the weekend is to put a coat of oaint on in the bathroom! god it's all go. we hope to get everything done for a week on monday and then we can contact the estate agents and get some quotes and then the house on the market. our visa only took five months after the skills assessment was done and the whole application sent off, we sent the visa ap off on the 17th dec 04 and got the visa offer on the 10th may 05. not bad eh? are you doing your own application, we did. yes alyce is in year 8 at the moment. so you're already set up for a job, dean's yet to get one, we'd ideally like that sorted before we go out there but we'll have to see how it goes. i work in banking, not sure what i want to do when i get out there, anything i suppose! what are you doing with your stuff? are you taking it with you or selling it all? we're selling unnecessary stuff on ebay and i've done a couple of car boot sales. the bigger stuff is coming with us. stll got to sort out a container! we seem to be suddenly under a lot of pressure, all we've said for the last couple of months is god i can't wait till they say we can go and now they've said it we're stressed to death because of the deadline in december. we've never been to oz at all so this is going to be one massive adventure for us! everyone keeps saying oh you're so brave what happens if you don't like it? how bad has it got to be to want to come back to this?! i keep thinking about xmas and where we will be an what we will be doing, my christmas tree will be in a container in the sea this year unfortunately. i'm stressed, excited, worried and panicking all at the same time! :scared:
Old May 14th 2005, 9:15 am
Just Joined

hi jan, we've just put the last coat of paint on the front door, painted the kitchen ceiling and my job for the weekend is to put a coat of oaint on in the bathroom! god it's all go. we hope to get everything done for a week on monday and then we can contact the estate agents and get some quotes and then the house on the market. our visa only took five months after the skills assessment was done and the whole application sent off, we sent the visa ap off on the 17th dec 04 and got the visa offer on the 10th may 05. not bad eh? are you doing your own application, we did. yes alyce is in year 8 at the moment. so you're already set up for a job, dean's yet to get one, we'd ideally like that sorted before we go out there but we'll have to see how it goes. i work in banking, not sure what i want to do when i get out there, anything i suppose! what are you doing with your stuff? are you taking it with you or selling it all? we're selling unnecessary stuff on ebay and i've done a couple of car boot sales. the bigger stuff is coming with us. stll got to sort out a container! we seem to be suddenly under a lot of pressure, all we've said for the last couple of months is god i can't wait till they say we can go and now they've said it we're stressed to death because of the deadline in december. we've never been to oz at all so this is going to be one massive adventure for us! everyone keeps saying oh you're so brave what happens if you don't like it? how bad has it got to be to want to come back to this?! i keep thinking about xmas and where we will be an what we will be doing, my christmas tree will be in a container in the sea this year unfortunately. i'm stressed, excited, worried and panicking all at the same time! :scared:
Hi, I know what you mean! :scared: Have you looked on the adelaide brits website yet, that has lots of useful info on shipping and what to take and what not to take. When we went last time we used Abacus shipping (yellow pages) and they were very good, quoted a price from door to door. We would take some stuff with us, some furniture and lots of sentimental things, and a motorbike probably! I wouldn't take as many clothes as we took before though. You can hire anything out there furniture wise, most of the rentals are unfurnished so maybe sent your stuff off a bit early or pack sleeping bags and airbeds to take with you.
My ENS visa processing time is, in theory, 6 weeks, but I know that maybe purely ficticious! My skill assessment is a modified one as I am already registered in SA, so should only take 3 weeks. So our main priority is finishing the house.
Before we went last time we were looking at areas to live and when we got there and drove about we found we wanted to live in a totally different area, also the distances surprised us. A car is essential, so you would probably need one each, and I guess it's a personal thing as to the area you want to stay. We were going to look at living in the hills but stayed by the sea in the end!
I was voicing my fears to my friend the other day and she said "it's better to go and regret going than to regret not going" That made me feel much more settled. Our next hurdle is telling our close family, I'm scared as it will upset them, but we'll have to do it soon cus lots of people do know!
Best of luck and keep in touch, Jan
Old May 14th 2005, 9:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TheColebecks
Hi Jan & Barry

We hope to be off to Adelaide too, all being well

All the best with your application.

Karen, Ashley & three boys Sam (13), Toby (8) and Max (4)
Hi have I seen you on the Adbrits website too? Where are you in your application. Looking at many people's comments it's either DIMIA or their house sale that they're waiting for, so much waiting. No wonder we are all on line talking to each other!! All the best Jan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.