Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone off to the sunhine coast?

anyone off to the sunhine coast?

Old Feb 25th 2004, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all
Wink anyone off to the sunhine coast?

Hi
Im off to the Sunshine Coast- next year hopefully. Just me and my young daughter.
Everyone I know thinks I am mad!!! Would love to hear from others who are going over too........or already settled..........any advice for single female with no contacts!?!
xxxxx
Old Feb 25th 2004, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

scottm is an unknown quantity at this point

This site has a very good search facility
Old Feb 25th 2004, 11:12 pm

kevwalt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We're not on the sunshine coast - we are on bayside of Brisbane. Have been here 6 weeks and are settling in - baby due in a week and a half!!!!

If you want any advice or help you can always ask - either myself, other individuals on the site or put a question up. We've met good friends through this site and have loads of invaluable info too.

Hope all goes well and keep in touch.

Kate
Old Feb 26th 2004, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Originally posted by kevwalt
Hi,

We're not on the sunshine coast - we are on bayside of Brisbane. Have been here 6 weeks and are settling in - baby due in a week and a half!!!!

If you want any advice or help you can always ask - either myself, other individuals on the site or put a question up. We've met good friends through this site and have loads of invaluable info too.

Hope all goes well and keep in touch.

Kate
Thanks Kate

How ya finding Brisbane?.....Just looking for reassurances I spose.......was so full of confidence about leaving but as the process goes further along more and more people keep chipping in about how I will be ALL ALONE/NO SUPPORT etc etc. Have to just pop my fingers in my ears i spose.
Good luck with baby....will keep you posted on my progress.
Rachelx
Old Feb 26th 2004, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck D2G, I don't think you're mad - why not experience something different in life - that's what life is all about! (Your friends could secretly be jealous too!! )

There are quite a few people here going to the Sunshine Coast so you should be able to get some good advice and contacts. Sunshine coast is lovely - which bit are you going to? (I wanted to move up there...maybe one day!
Old Feb 26th 2004, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
Good luck D2G, I don't think you're mad - why not experience something different in life - that's what life is all about! (Your friends could secretly be jealous too!! )

There are quite a few people here going to the Sunshine Coast so you should be able to get some good advice and contacts. Sunshine coast is lovely - which bit are you going to? (I wanted to move up there...maybe one day!
Thanx for the encouragement paw....probably heading to Noosa to begin with and see what happens after that really. Never actually got there when I visited Oz- only Surfers Paradise - but have been told its lovely too. Got to be better than where I am now which is just dull,dull,dull!!
xx
Old Feb 26th 2004, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by desperate2go
Thanx for the encouragement paw....probably heading to Noosa to begin with and see what happens after that really. Never actually got there when I visited Oz- only Surfers Paradise - but have been told its lovely too. Got to be better than where I am now which is just dull,dull,dull!!
xx
Noosa is just lovely. I went for my hols there last September. I love it cos it's so green - there's a limit on the number of storeys on buildings (something like max 3 levels) , so it's all really low rise. Instead of zillions of sky scrapers (like Surfers) it's all tree tops. The sunshine coast hinterland is just beautiful too - lots of rolling countryside. It's such a gorgeous part of Oz, wish you all the best.