Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone from Notts/Derby areas?

Anyone from Notts/Derby areas?

Old Dec 12th 2003, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Kevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of light
Default Anyone from Notts/Derby areas?

I would just like to ask if there is anyone from the Notts/Derby area who is either planning (or has indeed moved) to Aus.
My wife and I live in Derbyshire and we looking to emigrate to Aus, maybe Melbourne, not exactly decided yet. It would be nice to know we are not alone, and maybe strike up a few acquaintances.

Best wishes all…
Old Dec 15th 2003, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone from Notts/Derby areas?

Originally posted by Kevin
I would just like to ask if there is anyone from the Notts/Derby area who is either planning (or has indeed moved) to Aus.
My wife and I live in Derbyshire and we looking to emigrate to Aus, maybe Melbourne, not exactly decided yet. It would be nice to know we are not alone, and maybe strike up a few acquaintances.

Best wishes all…
Hi Kevin,

I lived not far outside Nottingham in a small village called Colston Basset from age 9 to 15. Spent a while in Leics, Lincs, and Rutland as well.

Good luck with the process should you decide to move.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Kevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Nara
Hi Kevin,

I lived not far outside Nottingham in a small village called Colston Basset from age 9 to 15. Spent a while in Leics, Lincs, and Rutland as well.

Good luck with the process should you decide to move.
Hi Nara... thanks for the reply...
Old Dec 15th 2003, 8:09 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kev

There are quite a few of us Nottinghamites on here.

I live in a town called Eastwood which is half way between Nottm and Derby.

Planning to go on a Spouse visa towards the end of next year.

Cheers

TT

Best wishes all…
Old Dec 15th 2003, 8:29 am
I never gave up trying

gunnercaz is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Anyone from Notts/Derby areas?

Hello Kev and Co.

I live in Derby and I plan to go to Oz on my own. Done my Skilled Independent visa last Oct 2003 as an I.T professional. It was received by DIMMIA in Adelaide on 3rd Nov 2003.
Plan to stay with family in Adelaide, SA first. Went to Adelaide last year on a family holiday and decided that I would give my application 'a go' after seeing the sort of 'lifestyle' you can live out there.
What part of Derbyshire are you from and how far are you with your application? Hope your application goes well. There seems to be a few people on this forum from the area's indicated and you will meet alot of people(from all places) in the same predicament as yourself on this forum.
For my self its just a 'waiting game' till DIMMIA contact me again, but for now I guess I've got lots of footy to watch!
Old Dec 15th 2003, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

DaisyNZ is on a distinguished road

Hi there, I'm from West Bridgford, been in New Zealand 11 years. There was a thread a few weeks ago asking the same thing, have a look back, there's a lot of us. Where in Derbyshire are you? I have fond memories of walking in the snow as a kid around there, Kinderscout etc. I'm looking forward to spending time there again. There's a great little walkers pub at the bottom of Kinder in Edale we used to go to. Oh happy times.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Troood will become famous soon enough

Best wishes all…

Greetings - I'm a nutter from Nottingham! I live in a tiny place called Wiverton, in between Langar and Bingham. We've applied for State nomination for Victoria so chances are we'll end up in Melbourne or surrounding areas. Hoping to have our visa's by April, then plan to move out there permanently in October. Just got to get through our medicals. Other half is worried about the "cough & drop" - I reckon he should just enjoy it! Not sure what delights I can expect.......!!!!
Old Dec 15th 2003, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

cruisey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. We're from Burton-on-Trent and are heading for Sydney around March/April. Providing the house sale goes through......
Old Dec 15th 2003, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

pjr55 will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by cruisey
Hi. We're from Burton-on-Trent and are heading for Sydney around March/April. Providing the house sale goes through......
cruisey, where in Burton on Trent are you from? I'm from there too, Anglesey Road, was also in Wyggeston St Horninglow.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

linnie2003 is on a distinguished road

Hi
Me and my boyfriend are from Nottingham and (visas permitting) should be moving to Melbourne next year ourselves!
Naturally, I'll need to know if you are a derby county fan before continuing this conversation : ) ...
How are your plans going?
L
Old Dec 15th 2003, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

cruisey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pjr55
cruisey, where in Burton on Trent are you from? I'm from there too, Anglesey Road, was also in Wyggeston St Horninglow.
Small world! We're in Stretton....
Old Dec 15th 2003, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

noodle is an unknown quantity at this point

I was born in Burton-on-Trent, then moved to Ashby-de-la-Zouch before moving up to Cheshire.

Noodle
Old Dec 15th 2003, 5:23 pm

kevwalt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hi

Try again
We are from Coalville ,Leicestershire
going out to Brisbane in January it looks like a few people are going fron the Midlands

kev

hope this got on the thread

not bad for a brick stacker
Old Dec 15th 2003, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

pjr55 will become famous soon enough

Small world! We're in Stretton....
Stretton I used to go bob-a-jobing there once a year in the mid 50's for the boy scouts, I probably cleaned your grandparents windows thats where all the "rich people" lived so my grandmother used to say who lived in Rolleston road
Old Dec 16th 2003, 3:50 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by DaisyNZ
Hi there, I'm from West Bridgford, been in New Zealand 11 years. There was a thread a few weeks ago asking the same thing, have a look back, there's a lot of us. Where in Derbyshire are you? I have fond memories of walking in the snow as a kid around there, Kinderscout etc. I'm looking forward to spending time there again. There's a great little walkers pub at the bottom of Kinder in Edale we used to go to. Oh happy times.
When I was a lot younger I was the boss of the managers at TBI! Great for the tests (we had a pretty much unobstructed view from the flat roof and of course great beer on tap).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.