Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone from Norwich area

Anyone from Norwich area

Old Dec 7th 2006, 4:11 pm
  #1  
Account Closed
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,424
JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone from Norwich area

Should be moving to Melbourne next year just wonderin if anyone else was heading out to Australia?
You don't have to be going to Melbourne though obviously it would be a plus?
Just thought it might be handy to compare notes and have someone else to chat to/ meet up with that understands

Jen
JenJen is offline  
Old Dec 7th 2006, 5:47 pm
  #2  
so far so good
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: sunshine coast at last!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 1,011
want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone from Norwich area

Originally Posted by JenJen
Should be moving to Melbourne next year just wonderin if anyone else was heading out to Australia?
You don't have to be going to Melbourne though obviously it would be a plus?
Just thought it might be handy to compare notes and have someone else to chat to/ meet up with that understands

Jen
hi jen

we're bury st edmunds suffolk about hour away, so you're not alone. hopefully heading to the sunshine coast when the mighty powers that be, grant our magical visa
keep in touch
traceyx
want2bthere is offline  
Old Dec 7th 2006, 7:16 pm
  #3  
Account Closed
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,424
JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone from Norwich area

Originally Posted by want2bthere
hi jen

we're bury st edmunds suffolk about hour away, so you're not alone. hopefully heading to the sunshine coast when the mighty powers that be, grant our magical visa
keep in touch
traceyx
Hi Tracey
Not far away at all we are just south of Norwich.
When did you apply for your visa? We've only just put our application in and worrying how long it will take to go through already.
Hubby's a maintenance engineer what do you do ?

Jen
JenJen is offline  
Old Dec 7th 2006, 7:27 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 246
parentsof2 is a jewel in the roughparentsof2 is a jewel in the roughparentsof2 is a jewel in the roughparentsof2 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Anyone from Norwich area

Originally Posted by JenJen
Should be moving to Melbourne next year just wonderin if anyone else was heading out to Australia?
You don't have to be going to Melbourne though obviously it would be a plus?
Just thought it might be handy to compare notes and have someone else to chat to/ meet up with that understands

Jen
Hello jen,

We live over near Fakenham and are hoping to move to Melbourne by the middle of next year. We sent our application in October and are just waiting for our acknowledgement e-mail.

Keep in touch and maybe we could meet up after the Festive season is out of the way?

Karenxx
parentsof2 is offline  
Old Dec 7th 2006, 7:35 pm
  #5  
Account Closed
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,424
JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone from Norwich area

Originally Posted by parentsof2
Hello jen,

We live over near Fakenham and are hoping to move to Melbourne by the middle of next year. We sent our application in October and are just waiting for our acknowledgement e-mail.

Keep in touch and maybe we could meet up after the Festive season is out of the way?

Karenxx
Hey Karen

Your only about half hour from us then

Have you decided which part of Melbourne your moving to yet?
I'm hoping we shouldn't be too far behind you then
I think Festive Season should be changed to nightmare season why is Christmas more and more hectic every year???

Jen
JenJen is offline  
Old Dec 7th 2006, 7:48 pm
  #6  
so far so good
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: sunshine coast at last!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 1,011
want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone from Norwich area

Originally Posted by JenJen
Hi Tracey
Not far away at all we are just south of Norwich.
When did you apply for your visa? We've only just put our application in and worrying how long it will take to go through already.
Hubby's a maintenance engineer what do you do ?

Jen
jen
applied 136 modl visa beg sept, hubby is a builder, me a very special busy housewife( no demand for them in aus then )
so let me introduce ourselves, me tracey 32, hubby steve 34, two boys age 3 and 5. i'm a born worrier, but i am getter slightly better at the waiting game. we'll have to try and arrange a meet after the xmas chaos
want2bthere is offline  
Old Dec 7th 2006, 7:53 pm
  #7  
Account Closed
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,424
JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone from Norwich area

Originally Posted by want2bthere
jen
applied 136 modl visa beg sept, hubby is a builder, me a very special busy housewife( no demand for them in aus then )
so let me introduce ourselves, me tracey 32, hubby steve 34, two boys age 3 and 5. i'm a born worrier, but i am getter slightly better at the waiting game. we'll have to try and arrange a meet after the xmas chaos
Yep we applied for the PR visa
I'm a busy mummy too (28yrs) and hubby Martin is 30 the kids are 8, 6 and 15 months. I wasn't a born worrier but developed the horrendous worrying disease after our eldest was born you name it I can worry about it so make a bit of room in your boat so I can join you loll and we can then both worry about it sinking lol

Yeah meet after xmas sounds good

Keep in touch

Jen
JenJen is offline  
Old Dec 12th 2006, 8:01 pm
  #8  
BE Enthusiast
 
stumpysean's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Suffolk........Heading for Queensland
Posts: 712
stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Anyone from Norwich area

Originally Posted by want2bthere
jen
applied 136 modl visa beg sept, hubby is a builder, me a very special busy housewife( no demand for them in aus then )
so let me introduce ourselves, me tracey 32, hubby steve 34, two boys age 3 and 5. i'm a born worrier, but i am getter slightly better at the waiting game. we'll have to try and arrange a meet after the xmas chaos

Hi!!!

just found this thread - We're from Bury St Edmunds too!!! Well Barrow actually. We're looking at heading for the sunshine coast but on a business visa. We went to Perth last year and are hoping to visit Brisbane end of 2007.
We have 2 boys age 6 & 8 yrs.

We run our own cleaning business called A2Z. I'm at home most of the time and hubby (sean) overseas the business day to day.

Would be great to chat especially as we live so close!!!!

look forward to hearing from you

Becky
stumpysean is offline  
Old Dec 12th 2006, 8:19 pm
  #9  
so far so good
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: sunshine coast at last!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 1,011
want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone from Norwich area

Originally Posted by stumpysean
Hi!!!

just found this thread - We're from Bury St Edmunds too!!! Well Barrow actually. We're looking at heading for the sunshine coast but on a business visa. We went to Perth last year and are hoping to visit Brisbane end of 2007.
We have 2 boys age 6 & 8 yrs.

We run our own cleaning business called A2Z. I'm at home most of the time and hubby (sean) overseas the business day to day.

Would be great to chat especially as we live so close!!!!

look forward to hearing from you

Becky

hi becky
lovely to hear from you. we're actually just the other side of bse in woolpit
hubby is self employed as well, as a builder. think he'll do the same in aus. we've never been b4 but thinking of settling around sunshine coast after reading so much about it. we want to go as soon as we get the ok, march/april, bit scary with the little ones though. we're in the process of trying to sell the house, go to school plays, trying to get ready for xmas so general day to day life, trying to be as normal as poss but think about the big move at least every hr of every day and think i'm going to need weaning of BE slowly
Anyway have a terrible habit of yabbering on so i'll stop!
feel free to pm me anytime for a chin wag
want2bthere is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2006, 12:54 pm
  #10  
BE Enthusiast
 
YFitz's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: Perth
Posts: 471
YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone from Norwich area

Originally Posted by want2bthere
hi becky
lovely to hear from you. we're actually just the other side of bse in woolpit
hubby is self employed as well, as a builder. think he'll do the same in aus. we've never been b4 but thinking of settling around sunshine coast after reading so much about it. we want to go as soon as we get the ok, march/april, bit scary with the little ones though. we're in the process of trying to sell the house, go to school plays, trying to get ready for xmas so general day to day life, trying to be as normal as poss but think about the big move at least every hr of every day and think i'm going to need weaning of BE slowly
Anyway have a terrible habit of yabbering on so i'll stop!
feel free to pm me anytime for a chin wag
I moved from Woolpit too! Been here in Perth nearly 2 years. We lived down Old Stowmarket Rd, had 2 kids went to the primary school. Small world!
YFitz is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2006, 3:20 pm
  #11  
so far so good
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: sunshine coast at last!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 1,011
want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone from Norwich area

[QUOTE=YFitz]I moved from Woolpit too!


sent you a pm
want2bthere is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2006, 6:36 pm
  #12  
Account Closed
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,424
JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone from Norwich area

Wow maybe you should start your own thread, I obviously live too far away.

Jen
JenJen is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2006, 7:03 pm
  #13  
so far so good
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: sunshine coast at last!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 1,011
want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone from Norwich area

Originally Posted by JenJen
Wow maybe you should start your own thread, I obviously live too far away.

Jen
nah if its ok can we stick to this one, the more the merrier
want2bthere is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2006, 7:06 pm
  #14  
A lion in your lap
 
elfman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Sparta NJ
Posts: 7,605
elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone from Norwich area

Originally Posted by want2bthere
the more the merrier
OK then:
My parents live in Drinkstone Green - lovely part of the world and I miss it.
I actually grew up in Mildenhall tho.
elfman is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2006, 7:12 pm
  #15  
so far so good
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: sunshine coast at last!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 1,011
want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone from Norwich area

Originally Posted by elfman
OK then:
My parents live in Drinkstone Green - lovely part of the world and I miss it.
I actually grew up in Mildenhall tho.

oooooooooooooh, yep woolpit, drinkstone, beyton all lovely and i'm sure theres worst places to live, do you come home often ( not a chat up line promise )
want2bthere is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.