Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone from Northern Ireland immigrating to Oz?

Anyone from Northern Ireland immigrating to Oz?

Old Nov 13th 2011, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

gilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone from Northern Ireland immigrating to Oz?

Originally Posted by ajmonty
Hi Zara

I moved to Bangor 1999, came from Newtownabbey. Applying for a visa can be like a rollercoater, full of highs and lows but hopefully all worth it in the end!

Good luck with the process xx
Hi all,
Hubby is from Dungannon and we are moving over 5th May 2012 to Perth. We are starting to get nervous now but I am sure it will turn out ok (as hubby keeps telling me)
Gill x
Old Nov 13th 2011, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

elect42 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gilly1020
Hi all,
Hubby is from Dungannon and we are moving over 5th May 2012 to Perth. We are starting to get nervous now but I am sure it will turn out ok (as hubby keeps telling me)
Gill x

We are moving hopefully April time to Perth, flights not booked just yet with work and all, but thats the plan.

gilly are you shipping?

I got best quote from All ship routeing but looking for other companies before I comitt!
Old Nov 15th 2011, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

ajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gilly1020
Hi all,
Gill x
Hi Gilly

All very exciting, its natural to be nervous its a big step! Im sure you will find your feet in no time. Did it take long to get your visa?

Andrea
Old Nov 15th 2011, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Hi ajmonty,

We're from bsngor too. Been here on the Sunshine Coast, Qld for just over 3 years now - LOVE IT

Was back in Bangor 2 weeks ago, I can see why you are moving! I was amazed at how much it has changed in just 3 years - Main St if full of coffee shops & charity shops, oh and pound shops!!!

Good luck with the visa process - ours took the guts of 2 years from start to finish but its worth it.

Lynn xx
Old Nov 15th 2011, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

ajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Hi ajmonty,

We're from bsngor too. Been here on the Sunshine Coast, Qld for just over 3 years now - LOVE IT

Was back in Bangor 2 weeks ago, I can see why you are moving! I was amazed at how much it has changed in just 3 years - Main St if full of coffee shops & charity shops, oh and pound shops!!!

Good luck with the visa process - ours took the guts of 2 years from start to finish but its worth it.

Lynn xx
Hi Lynn

Great to hear your enjoying your new life, yeah we have lived in Bangor for over 12 years and it has changed a lot in that time, hope you enjoyed your trip home.

Our case officer has received all documents requested on Friday 11th Nov, now i'm back to the stage of constantly checking emails and status, was hoping it would only be a matter of days now. My sister is arriving from Melbourne on Sat 19th Nov, would love to be able to tell her "got visa"!!

But will just have to be patient!

Andrea
Old Nov 15th 2011, 8:46 pm
Am a Sparky get me outa ?

tombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nice

Hi am in oz at mo just to get my visa stamped so that i can come an go for next 5 yrs. It took me just over 2 years but if you have your meds police chk only be a couple of months now.
I dont know what you work at but if your partner has a trade you have to go threw alot of shit to change over to oz rules.
Also it is so expensive here food especially alcohol and house prices and iam in adelaide which is supposed to be cheap to live.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

yay!!!! visa granted!! woohhooooo
Old Nov 16th 2011, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

yay!!!! visa granted!! woohhooooo
CONGRATULATIONS

when do you plan on moving?

Lynn xx
Old Nov 16th 2011, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

CONGRATULATIONS

Lynn xx
Thanks Lynn, still in shock.

Moving to Melbourne, probably around Langwarrin, Mornington?? I have a brother in Langwarrin and a sister in Aspendale, maybe somewhere inbetween?

Both our girls are gymnasts in the Elite squad so gyms will also determine where we might settle.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

gilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by elect42
We are moving hopefully April time to Perth, flights not booked just yet with work and all, but thats the plan.

gilly are you shipping?

I got best quote from All ship routeing but looking for other companies before I comitt!
Hi there, yes we are shipping. We will be using Pickfords and getting a 20ft container at £3647, we checked out 4 other companies and that was the best price for what we are moving.
gill
Old Nov 18th 2011, 9:44 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all, just found this thread, no idea how I missed your visa grant AJMONTY, but WOOO HOOOO WELL DONE!!!

We have been in Queensland for just over 21 months and loving every minute of it. We applied for our visa in September 2009 and were granted it 33 days later, but it was an ENS visa so was pretty quick. We then moved here on the 6th February 2010.

I used to teach just outside Bangor in Ards, commuting from near Banbridge, GRRR HATED THAT COMMUTE! Now that I'm in Oz my commute is exactly a 1 mile door to door, beats 40 miles hands down! YAY!

Good luck everyone, and any questions, let me know! I'll be back in NI in March for just over 3 weeks, so if anyone is still around then and having any problems, let me know! I'm actually quite excited about the trip back, my brothers and Dad are all chipping in to get me a hire car for the whole time, only 112 sleeps to go!!! lol
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

CONGRATULATIONS

Lynn xx
Sorry just re-read this post WHEN do we plan to move?

Not sure yet, getting house ready for sale, see how that goes? If no sale then might have to think about renting out or going to Australia to validate visas July/Aug time.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Hey all, just found this thread, no idea how I missed your visa grant AJMONTY, but WOOO HOOOO WELL DONE!!!

We have been in Queensland for just over 21 months and loving every minute of it. We applied for our visa in September 2009 and were granted it 33 days later, but it was an ENS visa so was pretty quick. We then moved here on the 6th February 2010.

I used to teach just outside Bangor in Ards, commuting from near Banbridge, GRRR HATED THAT COMMUTE! Now that I'm in Oz my commute is exactly a 1 mile door to door, beats 40 miles hands down! YAY!

Good luck everyone, and any questions, let me know! I'll be back in NI in March for just over 3 weeks, so if anyone is still around then and having any problems, let me know! I'm actually quite excited about the trip back, my brothers and Dad are all chipping in to get me a hire car for the whole time, only 112 sleeps to go!!! lol
Heelllooo Jen

Yes it finally happened!! Time flies by doesnt it? It will be great for you to see your family again. My sister is home from Oz at the minute so getting lots of advice on the move!

Which school in Ards did u teach at?
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 7:25 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Heelllooo Jen

Yes it finally happened!! Time flies by doesnt it? It will be great for you to see your family again. My sister is home from Oz at the minute so getting lots of advice on the move!

Which school in Ards did u teach at?
Loughries? It's just outside Ards... I am renting my house out in NI and so far, so good...it's not as scary as it sounds! lol
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Gilly

All very exciting, its natural to be nervous its a big step! Im sure you will find your feet in no time. Did it take long to get your visa?

Andrea
Hi Andrea,
Sorry for the delay, I have just seen your message. It took us 3 years to get our visa as we had to switch then they put everything on hold for a while, we also had to wait ages for the medicals to be checked as mine was referred.
Where are you moving to?
Gilly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.