Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone from Northern Beaches?

Anyone from Northern Beaches?

Old Nov 4th 2007, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

ascona is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone from Northern Beaches?

Hi my family and I moved to the area a month ago. We have 2 children aged 5 and nearly 3 and are looking to make some new friends! If anyone fancies meeting for a coffee please feel free to contact me. I am a stay at home mum who is finding it hard to meet fellow Brits so would be thrilled to hear from you! Cheers
Old Nov 4th 2007, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone from Northern Beaches?

Welcome.
Look at FTC threads on this forum.We are a group of wonderful (!)families who regularly get together with/without / children/oh`s for gossip/wine/coffee.Come along on 13th Nov to meet us all.Also check out Castle Hill Tuesdays at RSL.
Hope to meet you soon.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 11:21 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

You should look out for First Tuesday Club (FTC) - we meet up every month (as the name suggest) except for this month as some are off to a racing do tomorrow, so meeting up next week http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488741

Also we have started to have a Saturday night out/in at someones house (ie get your other half to babysit).

My oldest will be 3 in Dec, when is yours 3?
Old Nov 4th 2007, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

Hi and thanks for the quick replys! I have heard of your meets through binbird who I actually met a couple of weeks ago and I am hoping to come to the next meet if I can. My daughter will be 3 on 4th Feb. Off to see a pre school for her next Tues so not sure if I will make that meet yet.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 2:27 am
Just Joined

Hi are there 2 separate meets on a Tuesday then? One group meet every Tues and one group meet every first tuesday in the month? thanks
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Thats correct.Tho many of the families overlap to both meets.the Castle Hill meet is generally mums with pre-school children.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

emmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really nice

Originally Posted by ascona
Hi my family and I moved to the area a month ago. We have 2 children aged 5 and nearly 3 and are looking to make some new friends! If anyone fancies meeting for a coffee please feel free to contact me. I am a stay at home mum who is finding it hard to meet fellow Brits so would be thrilled to hear from you! Cheers
Hi there

We moved to the northern beaches two months ago, we spent the first six weeks in Mona Vale and now have a permanent rental in Fairlight near Manly. I am also a stay at home mum (at the moment!) with a two year old boy and would love to meet up with others in the area. Where are you living?

Debbie x
Old Nov 12th 2007, 6:07 am
Just Joined

Hi, we live in Frenchs Forest. I actually have a cousin who lives in Fairlight!
I am going on my first FTC meet tomorrow hopefully so that will be nice.
Have also met a couple of lovely ladies just through going to play areas and chatting to everyone! I go to Clown Town quite a lot with my 2 children so if you would like to meet there for a coffee one day let me know. How are you finding things?
Old Nov 12th 2007, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, we live in Frenchs Forest. I actually have a cousin who lives in Fairlight!
I am going on my first FTC meet tomorrow hopefully so that will be nice.
Have also met a couple of lovely ladies just through going to play areas and chatting to everyone! I go to Clown Town quite a lot with my 2 children so if you would like to meet there for a coffee one day let me know. How are you finding things?
Look forward to meeting you tomorrow. No need to hope, it WILL be nice, we are a lovely bunch of "ladies"!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 9:38 am
Just Joined

What I meant to say was hopefully I will be going to the meet tomorrow but the lady who has offered to pick me up is not sure if she can make it yet or not! I am sure you are all lovely ladies and hopefully I will meet you tomorrow!!!!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 9:45 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

What I meant to say was hopefully I will be going to the meet tomorrow but the lady who has offered to pick me up is not sure if she can make it yet or not! I am sure you are all lovely ladies and hopefully I will meet you tomorrow!!!!
Ascona will go the ball (or to Berowra at least!) My oldest was on anti biotics last week for a croup like cough and ear infection and although she finished the course 2 days ago she came out in spots all over this morning. Got it checked out at the docs and they reckon it is just an allergic reaction to the medicine (she had no other symptoms). So, she is fine for school tomorrow - nothing gets in the way of FTC!

(We will be there after 11 though as we are starting a few renovations on our house and I have to shop for some new bathroom fittings first)
Old Nov 12th 2007, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

I was wondering who might have offered the lift, but ruled you out as Ascona said "the lady". Have just realised as well how lairy my posts look as I'm not competent enough to insert smilies. Sorry about that, I was only joking before! My little un was at the doctors today, but went straight to preschool after as I needed to go to the cinema, and my lot know they're not allowed to be ill on Mondays or Thursdays, my only 2 days child free!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 10:19 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha yanH! Perhaps our new years resolution could be to find a better name for "Sydney Ladies FTC" ! It does sound a bit cliquey (and suggests that we are all very old and very serious!) but it's just a way of gathering the masses and it's always nice to see a new face. . . .

Suggestions on a postcard please!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow. I think its great the way you all meet up and welcome newcomers. Thanks x
Old Nov 12th 2007, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

SoMa is an unknown quantity at this point

I heard you were spotted at the Cinema today Carolyn.........

what did you see then????

I can recommend, Death at a Funeral.....Brilliant!!!
laughed so much

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.