Anyone in North Brisbane recently immigrated

Wikiposts

Anyone in North Brisbane recently immigrated

Old Mar 17th 2004, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Anamws is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in North Brisbane recently immigrated

Hi everybody:

My husband and I have moved to North Brisbane to a place called Petrie. Hubby is doing well as has found work almost straight away and I am still looking. Feeling down as I miss my family loads whilst he has loads of rellies over here in this part of the world. Without being a pessimist everything seems to have gone pear sihaped for me over here. I bought into a mobile dog run which is something I would have loved to have done, but as it turns out the bloke I was dealing with was a crook, I am now going through legal proceedings to recover my monies from him. I am so close to giving up and packing my bags to return to England, but hubby and kids are well settled. So I thought to myself I should try and meet some people in the same boat, who have just immigrated over. So if your in the same part of the world as us send me a message.

Ana
Old Mar 17th 2004, 11:12 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in North Brisbane recently immigrated

Originally posted by Anamws
Hi everybody:

My husband and I have moved to North Brisbane to a place called Petrie. Hubby is doing well as has found work almost straight away and I am still looking. Feeling down as I miss my family loads whilst he has loads of rellies over here in this part of the world. Without being a pessimist everything seems to have gone pear sihaped for me over here. I bought into a mobile dog run which is something I would have loved to have done, but as it turns out the bloke I was dealing with was a crook, I am now going through legal proceedings to recover my monies from him. I am so close to giving up and packing my bags to return to England, but hubby and kids are well settled. So I thought to myself I should try and meet some people in the same boat, who have just immigrated over. So if your in the same part of the world as us send me a message.

Ana
Hi Ana,

Why don't you come to the expats meet at Coochiemudlo on Sunday? I know that some of the people going there live North. I'm out West myself, arrived in January and still finding my feet. I'm home all day so feel free to PM me and I can let you have contact details if you need someone to talk to.

Jane
Old Mar 17th 2004, 9:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You're a bit further out than me, and I haven't any transport, but if you want a mate I'm sure we can work something out. I'm in Clayfield, near Toombul, send me a pm if you'd like to get together
Old Mar 17th 2004, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point

A girl at work has just arrived from the UK and is living at Sandgate - I told her about the website and the Brisbane meet on Saturday - she had never heard of us!

I wonder what percentage of migrants have heard of this site?

Steve
Old Mar 17th 2004, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point

Ermmm.......sorry about the slip.....our meet is on Sunday of course!

Steve