Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone in the Newcastle, NSW area

Anyone in the Newcastle, NSW area

Old Jan 18th 2004, 10:26 am
Hippy chick

Elspeth is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Anyone in the Newcastle, NSW area

Hiya just wondered if anyone lived in the newcastle area and wanted to chat, I still dont know many ppl over here and would like to get to know what other ppl think of this place.

Have fun and stay young!

E
Old Jan 18th 2004, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone in the Newcastle, NSW area

My daughter has just moved there with her husband to start a business in Newcastle, so I am beginning to become acquainted. They are living at Toronto on what amounts to a canal with water at the front and back of their townhouse.

It has many of the advantages of Sydney now the steelworks has gone and the city seems to be picking itself up after that "shock". It wasn't really a shock because it had been announced well ahead but like interest rate predictions, no one reacts till they happen.

On balance I am very impressed. With an ocean beach and a harbour it's got the climatic advantages of Sydney while retaining a smaller town feel. Let's face it anything is smaller than Sydney.

Housing is clearly cheaper than Sydney but it seems to be catching up.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 11:09 am
Hippy chick

Elspeth is an unknown quantity at this point

hiya
ive not been to toronto yet, but where we are is fantastic! ive always wanted to live by the coast and now i have my wish )))