Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Newcastle?

Anyone in Newcastle?

Old May 18th 2006, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

georgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the rough
Default Anyone in Newcastle?

Anyone moved to the Newcastle area? That's NSW, not Tyne & Wear!
Old May 18th 2006, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Newcastle?

Originally Posted by georgiagal

Ah shucks wrong Newcastle
Mandy
Old May 18th 2006, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

georgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Ah shucks wrong Newcastle
Mandy
Yeah, well i'd give me left toenal to be in Newcastle T & W at the mo, having a bit of homesickness going on (although not for the weather), could murder a good curry & decent night out!
Of course my hubby is peed off he's not at home for the world cup, but judging by some of the states i've seen him in at home after a footy match, it's probably a blessing!
Old May 18th 2006, 2:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, well i'd give me left toenal to be in Newcastle T & W at the mo, having a bit of homesickness going on (although not for the weather), could murder a good curry & decent night out!
Of course my hubby is peed off he's not at home for the world cup, but judging by some of the states i've seen him in at home after a footy match, it's probably a blessing!
Sending a geordie hug )))))))))))((((((((((( to make you feel better.
I would send you a curry out but i dont think it would get passed customs LOL
Blokes and footy do not mix well.
Chin up pet , hope you get some answers about NSW Newcastle
Mandy
Old May 21st 2006, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Macquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really nice

Yep - we're here.
Old May 22nd 2006, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Macquarie
Yep - we're here.
how RU finding it? I was looking at properties in Hunter Valley and surrounding areas, as i'm involved in the equine industry, it seems like the place to be.
Old May 22nd 2006, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We are moving to the Hunter Valley in September this year.

My Father has lived there for 10 years and we have visited twice, fell in love with the place!

Fantastic loaction beside the vineyards, beautiful beaches on the door step and only 2 hours away from Sydney should you need a big city fix!

Regards

Nikki
Old May 22nd 2006, 4:00 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nikki
Hi

We are moving to the Hunter Valley in September this year.

My Father has lived there for 10 years and we have visited twice, fell in love with the place!

Fantastic loaction beside the vineyards, beautiful beaches on the door step and only 2 hours away from Sydney should you need a big city fix!

Regards

Nikki
apologies for the thread hijack. my brother works in newcastle, but lives a 40 minute drive up the coast.
nikki, how big is the hunter valley, where does it begin and end? just wondered as i dont know whether it is considered my brother lives there? where does your father live?
Old May 22nd 2006, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Macquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really nice

how RU finding it? I was looking at properties in Hunter Valley and surrounding areas, as i'm involved in the equine industry, it seems like the place to be.
We love it here. As Nikki said it has the vineyards, the beaches and Sydney down the road. I don't know much about horses I'm afraid - but the valley is certainly home to some lovely properties with stables attached. I think Kerry Packer had a place up there. Scone I believe is an area with lots of stud farms but that's a bit further out west. The councils in the hunter valley are Cessnock, Singleton, Kurri Kurri and Muswellbrook, then further near Newcastle you have Maitland, Port Stephens, Lake Macquarie and of course Newcastle. The council websites usually have a lot of good information on them so you could have a look there. Also www.stickybeek.com.au has a little bit of info and few pics to look at.

As I said - we love it here (about half way between Newcastle and Lake Macquarie) and would certainly recommend you come and have a look.

Julie
Old May 23rd 2006, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
apologies for the thread hijack. my brother works in newcastle, but lives a 40 minute drive up the coast.
nikki, how big is the hunter valley, where does it begin and end? just wondered as i dont know whether it is considered my brother lives there? where does your father live?
Hi Sleeping Beauty

Home on my lunch so,only a quick response! My Father lives in Cessnock. I have attached a link (hope it works) which gives info on Newcastle, which it says is part of the Hunter Region. I cannot answer your other questions yet, but I can guide you to other websites with further information on other areas.

http://www.ncc.nsw.gov.au/about/residents/index.cfm

Will get back to you later! Where is your Brother living and where are you looking to go?

Nikki
Old Oct 14th 2006, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

farrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud of

what part of the industry r u in?
Old Oct 14th 2006, 9:19 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nikki
Hi Sleeping Beauty

Home on my lunch so,only a quick response! My Father lives in Cessnock. I have attached a link (hope it works) which gives info on Newcastle, which it says is part of the Hunter Region. I cannot answer your other questions yet, but I can guide you to other websites with further information on other areas.

http://www.ncc.nsw.gov.au/about/residents/index.cfm

Will get back to you later! Where is your Brother living and where are you looking to go?

Nikki

sorry for the late reply on this, but been off line for ages now. moved over to port stephens (north of newcastle) in august this year. lovely place to be, in a great spot location wise, fanstastic beaches on the door step, not so far from sydney.

macquarie, what suburb are you in? lake macquarie is lovely!

there are so many horses over here, my head is on a permanent swivel!!! i ride, so its heaven over here. they are so cheap as well!!! every other house in the port stephens area has a couple of horses. somebody told me today that they got an ex-racehorse fro $150!!!! all beacause she used to pull her tongue over the bit and so gag whilst racing. i said all she needed was a different bit, the lady who was telling me this father-in-law used to be a jockey...............he went out a bought a different bit, problem solved. a lovely horse now being used on a farm with no problems for $150!!! can you believe it?!!

........sorry, now im rambling!!!
Old Oct 15th 2006, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
macquarie, what suburb are you in? lake macquarie is lovely!
We are in Charlestown. Had a lovely day up your way last week, nephew went scuba diving off Fly Point. Port Stephens is a lovely spot.

Julie
Old Oct 15th 2006, 11:43 am
Wirral to Lake Macquarie

andy170773 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Macquarie
We are in Charlestown. Had a lovely day up your way last week, nephew went scuba diving off Fly Point. Port Stephens is a lovely spot.

Julie
Hi

We arrived in Newcastle last wednesday after driving down from Brisbane. We are currently in hotel accomodation till 25/10 paid by my employer. We are looking at renting property in Raymond Terrace, does anybody have any views on this area.

Jen.
Old Oct 15th 2006, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andy170773
Hi

We arrived in Newcastle last wednesday after driving down from Brisbane. We are currently in hotel accomodation till 25/10 paid by my employer. We are looking at renting property in Raymond Terrace, does anybody have any views on this area.

Jen.
Hi Jen,
Don't know much about Raymond Terrace I'm afraid. Do you need to be near that area for work? Feel free to PM or email me if you wanted to chat or meet.
Julie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.