Thumbs up Anyone from Newcastle ???

Hi everyone

Is there anyone from Newcastle upon Tyne on this board

Speak soon

Anthony
Old Apr 26th 2003, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

jameslucy is an unknown quantity at this point

We used to live there but moved to the south last year.We lived in Heaton although, I am originally from Chester le Street.
My husband still travels up for the games.

Where abouts are you from?

We are heading to Sydney in July/August.

James and Lucy
Old Apr 27th 2003, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

anthonykirby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newcastle

My fioncee and I live in Killingworth, although I spent the first 18 years of my life in Burradon.

Small world eh...

Keep in touch, how far you on with your visas

I got my medical/xray on Monday.

Will see solicitor next Thursday

Will HOPEFULLY have all my info back in 2/3 weeks so I can then front end load my application for a De facto spouse visa.

Best of luck to you both

Anthony & Zoe
Old Apr 27th 2003, 9:21 am
Just Joined

We got our visas, December last year.

It is quite a quick process once they call you up for your medicals, so good luck.

When and where are you planning on going?

James and Lucy
Old Apr 27th 2003, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

BJKLiffey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone from Newcastle ???

Originally posted by anthonykirby
Hi everyone

Is there anyone from Newcastle upon Tyne on this board

Speak soon

Anthony
Hi ,

My husband is originally from North Shields, we are currently renting a property in Blyth.

Due to goto melbourne in September , just got our PR visa this week.

Karen & Brendan
Old Apr 27th 2003, 9:39 am
Just Joined

Congratulations on getting your PR.

Where are you thinking about staying in Melbourne? We worked there for 4 months and loved it.

James and Lucy
Old Apr 27th 2003, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Default Newcastl

Originally posted by jameslucy
We got our visas, December last year.

It is quite a quick process once they call you up for your medicals, so good luck.

When and where are you planning on going?

James and Lucy

Hi

We are going to stay with my mother in law up in Noosa. Probably live with her and save up for the 2 years it takes to gain my PR.

After that we hope to live nearer Brisbane, as I am also a club DJ, so it would be better from that aspect. Also, I am employed as Retail Manager for a store at Royal Quays in North Shields, so living nearer Brisbane is better for access to retail jobs in all surrounding areas.

So when are you off, where you plan on living, are you buying straight away???

Anthony
Old Apr 27th 2003, 9:52 am
Just Joined

We are due to go out in August. I am a teacher so need to wait until the end of term and when our house is sold. We have just put it on the market.

We are planning to live in Sydney, hopefully the North Shore. I think we will rent for the first 6 months until we decide where we want to buy.

Noosa is gorgeous, we stayed there for a few days when we travelled up the east coast. We considered Brisbane for a while, mainly for the weather and lower cost of living, but we thought we would go to Sydney first and then perhaps move at a later date. The cost of living in Brisbane is much lower and property prices are really cheap.

James and Lucy
Old Apr 27th 2003, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

BJKLiffey is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on getting your PR.

Where are you thinking about staying in Melbourne? We worked there for 4 months and loved it.

James and Lucy
James & Lucy,

We are planning on renting a property at first until we decide where we want to settle. we are still undecided as to where we will stay at first busy researching, can you give any suggestions.

Brendan & karen
Old Apr 27th 2003, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

South Yarra / Toorak - gorgeous and just off chapel street, where there are bars, cafes and designer shops.

It can be more expensive here but it it worth it and only 10-15 from the city centre by tram.

St Kilda is also nice and right by the sea but is a student area. Brighton is more upmarket and on the coast - big houses.

Depends what you want really. Most of the suburbs, apart from those in the west are nice.

James and Lucy
Old Apr 28th 2003, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

I live in Ashington is that close enough to Newcastle to count.

Perth bound sept/oct.

Mark
Old Apr 29th 2003, 5:14 am
Just Joined

bobinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

We are due to go out in August. I am a teacher so need to wait until the end of term and when our house is sold. We have just put it on the market.

We are planning to live in Sydney, hopefully the North Shore. I think we will rent for the first 6 months until we decide where we want to buy.

Noosa is gorgeous, we stayed there for a few days when we travelled up the east coast. We considered Brisbane for a while, mainly for the weather and lower cost of living, but we thought we would go to Sydney first and then perhaps move at a later date. The cost of living in Brisbane is much lower and property prices are really cheap.

James and Lucy
J&L,

Girlfriend and I moved to Sydney a couple of months ago and am renting a place on Cremorne Point, North Shore. It's a prize spot, with great views, ferry to the city, easy access to Balmoral and Manly. Expensive by Australian standards but still much better value than London (I own a flat in Clapham). Rental yields in Sydney are low so better to rent than buy for us (we will probably only be here for 18 - 24 months). Only downer is the nightlife on Military Rd - a bit hick, not a patch on the Eastern Suburbs.

Anthony,

Noosa - you lucky bugger....

We are just back from a week away up the East coast. We got as far as Noosa. It's absolutely beautiful - we camped on the banks of the lagoon and watched the sunsets with a couple of cold beers - blinding! It would be no hardship living in Noosa.....

Cheers,
Bob
Old Apr 29th 2003, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Default Noosa - Lucky Bugger ...

I am lucky enough to have a mother in law with good tastes. I have not yet visited Australia so it's nice to know that the country I am planning to spend the rest of my life is beautiful.

I plan on watching many sunsets with TOO MANY beers

Just had an early start this morning - up at 5am. Makes me think that I will be better off getting an afternoon flight

Anyone got any suggestions as to the best flight time for Brissy??

Anthony

And yes - Ashington is close enough to count as Newcastle...
Old Apr 29th 2003, 6:26 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I trust Blaydon also counts, I always say I'm from Newcastle as not suprisingly no-one has heard of Blaydon. Just spent the Easter week at Noosa which is a great place, been living in Brisbane since Dec 02.
Old Apr 29th 2003, 6:29 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Noosa - Lucky Bugger ...

Anyone got any suggestions as to the best flight time for Brissy??

Our 11:30 (ish) flight from London got into Brisbane for around 21:00. Are you being picked up to drive onto Noosa (about two hour drive as I'm sure you'll know)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.