Reload this Page >

Anyone near Taree NSW?

Wikiposts

Anyone near Taree NSW?

Old Mar 12th 2004, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Carol in Oz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone near Taree NSW?

Anyone here living near Taree NSW or know anything of the area - good or bad! Am looking to maybe re locate up that way.
Cheers
Carol
Old Mar 12th 2004, 7:22 pm
Badge

Default Re: Anyone near Taree NSW?

Originally posted by Carol in Oz
Anyone here living near Taree NSW or know anything of the area - good or bad! Am looking to maybe re locate up that way.
Cheers
Carol

That is up the coast between Port Macquarie . Kempsey and Newcastle. The train between Kempsey and Newcastle takes a good 6 hours and slows down around the bend in the track there to stop. Maddening! Have been through many a time and it is a sleepy place.

Would be like any other small Australian town - but I think its a way from the actual coast.

Badge

Old Mar 12th 2004, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Warrington to Wollongong to Victoria Point (soon)
Thomaz is an unknown quantity at this point

I spent the night there on the way back from a trip to Brisbane.

Yes, looks a bit of the sleepy side and is not close to the coast.

Next to a river though.

Shopping was good is about the best I can say about it - don't think I would ever want to live there.
Old Mar 12th 2004, 8:17 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Cheers
Carol
One town I've not spent time in.

Like all small Aussie country cities, if you do not become involved in the community in some way, you're likely to find it boring unless you are introverted.

I like to scan the local newspapers when arriving to see what shakes:
Manning River Times
Old Mar 12th 2004, 9:27 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Carol

Spent a couple of years there as a child, and have very happy memories.

As badge says its not on the coast, seem to remember it taking about 40 mins to get to the beach, but us kids used to go swimming in the river, dont think it was really allowed but one of my friends father owned a farm that backed onto the river so..... kids being kids we used to just jump in

If you have kids, Chatham High used to have a good reputation and excellent sports facilities. Dont know what schooling is like today though.

Taree is rural and agricultural and you have to be prepared for that - Sydney or Brisbane its not, but if you want big city, then go big city.

Personally I would go further north to Grafton / Clarence River area, but thats only cos thats where I was born and have most of my memories
Old Mar 13th 2004, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Carol in Oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers
Carol
Thanks for the input guys! Going up to have a look soon. My daughters will be staying in Sydney so dont want to go too far from them.
Carol
Old Mar 14th 2004, 3:21 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the input guys! Going up to have a look soon. My daughters will be staying in Sydney so dont want to go too far from them.
Carol
Mrs Rog has an aunt who used to live on Diamond Beach, near Taree. Beautiful long white sandy shore. I'm told that it's now built right out though!

Good food at the Taree RSL.