Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone near Hertford, UK area?

Wikiposts

Anyone near Hertford, UK area?

Old Feb 7th 2004, 12:28 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone near Hertford, UK area?

Hi,

This is my first post and having seen that there is quite a gathering set for tonight in Pompey I wondered if there is any chance of meeting others in our local area.

We are just starting the process and hoping to get a PR Visa for Brisbane area.

Cheers :PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:
Old Feb 7th 2004, 12:38 am
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone near Hertford, UK area?

Hi Arnie2oz, welcome to the madhouse!

We are no longer in the UK, now not too far from Brisbane, on the Sunshine Coast, but used to hail from Enfield. We have been in Oz just four months. Where exactly are you headed?

Andy

Originally posted by arnie2oz
Hi,

This is my first post and having seen that there is quite a gathering set for tonight in Pompey I wondered if there is any chance of meeting others in our local area.

Old Feb 7th 2004, 12:57 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Andy_Hanrahan
Hi Arnie2oz, welcome to the madhouse!

We are no longer in the UK, now not too far from Brisbane, on the Sunshine Coast, but used to hail from Enfield. We have been in Oz just four months. Where exactly are you headed?

Andy
Thanks Andy

We're coming over in July/August to have a good look around for a location with the hope of settling near you! ie north of Brisbane, within a short distance of the Sunshine Coast and not too far from the City.

How's it going after 4 Months?
Are you on a PR Visa?
If you want any memento's of Enfield or the UK let us know! and we'll bring it in hand luggage!

Cheers

Graham
Old Feb 7th 2004, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

Waltzin_Matilda will become famous soon enoughWaltzin_Matilda will become famous soon enough

Hi there we are v-near Hertford but as you may have read in my post somewhere on here we are putting our plans on hold for now.......best of luck to you mate. Hugs Matilda xx
Old Feb 7th 2004, 3:31 am
Finally back home

sally1968 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Hi there!!!

Just down the road in Stevenage. We are heading to Adelaide on a spouse visa. (I'm Aussie, hubby English).

I used to go to school in Hertford (Sele!!Arrggghh!).

Sally and family
Old Feb 7th 2004, 3:40 am
Keeping Busy

Originally posted by Waltzin_Matilda
Hi there we are v-near Hertford but as you may have read in my post somewhere on here we are putting our plans on hold for now.......best of luck to you mate. Hugs Matilda xx

Hi Matilda

Hope it all works out for the best. Australia will always be there for the future. Good Luck.

xx
Old Feb 7th 2004, 3:44 am
Keeping Busy

Originally posted by sally1968
Hi there!!!

Just down the road in Stevenage. We are heading to Adelaide on a spouse visa. (I'm Aussie, hubby English).

I used to go to school in Hertford (Sele!!Arrggghh!).

Sally and family

hi Sally & Family

When are you off to Adelaide? Were you born in Oz but brought up here?

I've heard rumours about Sele School!!! But no personal Knowledge - Born in Barnet!
Old Feb 7th 2004, 4:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Why not try to make the Essex meet tomorrow. It is held near Lakeside, see the Calling all Essex Girls post. We are in Ongar, Essex, but I worked in Ware. We are heading for Brisbane hopefully within the next month or two.

Hazel
Old Feb 7th 2004, 4:58 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Sele Farm by any chance?
Old Feb 7th 2004, 6:02 am
Keeping Busy

Originally posted by Rudy
Why not try to make the Essex meet tomorrow. It is held near Lakeside, see the Calling all Essex Girls post. We are in Ongar, Essex, but I worked in Ware. We are heading for Brisbane hopefully within the next month or two.

Hazel
Hi Hazel

Thanks for directing me to Steves thread. We've sent an email to him and hope to be there tomorrow at Noon!

Hope to see you there - you can be our advance party to Brisbane.

Graham (& Nikki)
Old Feb 7th 2004, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

Sydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really nice

we are in Bucks, but only just!!!!!We are looking at Sunshine Coast area, hopefully Nov 2004
One thing i have found out that in Hitchin Herts you can get your medicals & Xray's done.

Pinehill Hospital 01462-427221

£130 for adults & £50 for under 12's

Old Feb 7th 2004, 8:34 am
Keeping Busy

Originally posted by Sydney The Dog
we are in Bucks, but only just!!!!!We are looking at Sunshine Coast area, hopefully Nov 2004
One thing i have found out that in Hitchin Herts you can get your medicals & Xray's done.

Pinehill Hospital 01462-427221

£130 for adults & £50 for under 12's

Thanks. We originally saw that St Albans was the nearest authorised med place to us but the Hitchin one is much better - only one appointment needed.

Once you're in Oz please keep in touch with updates and prepare the way for us!!

Best of Luck for Xmas in the sun.
Old Feb 7th 2004, 4:34 pm
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point

Graham

I've sent you a PM

Andy

Thanks Andy

We're coming over in July/August to have a good look around for a location with the hope of settling near you! ie north of Brisbane, within a short distance of the Sunshine Coast and not too far from the City.

How's it going after 4 Months?
Are you on a PR Visa?
If you want any memento's of Enfield or the UK let us know! and we'll bring it in hand luggage!

Cheers

Graham
Old Feb 8th 2004, 9:07 am
Keeping Busy

Hi,

Bump.

In case some of our locals missed it.
Perhaps a Herts get together in March/April can be arranged if a good few agree.
Old Feb 8th 2004, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Waltzin_Matilda will become famous soon enoughWaltzin_Matilda will become famous soon enough

BUMP.......wow you guys are all pretty near by.......SCARY LOL!!!

And thanks for the good luck wishes too! Hugs Matilda xx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.