Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone in or near Hemel want to meet up?

Anyone in or near Hemel want to meet up?

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:11 am
DJC
Forum Regular

DJC has a spectacular aura aboutDJC has a spectacular aura aboutDJC has a spectacular aura about
Default Anyone in or near Hemel want to meet up?

Hi,

I have had a few interested parties from around the Hemel area who want to arrange a get together soon (before we all head out to Aus).

Me and OH are off to Perth early November, so sometime over the next month or two would be great for us. Would love to meet others who are about to embark on their big adventure.

Anyone got any suggestions for venue that would be suitable for couples as well as those with kiddies?

I can reccomend the White Horse in Bourne End (good food, and has a nice grassy bit fenced off at the back for kids to run around in), but any suggestions welcome.

Cheers.

Debs
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone in or near Hemel want to meet up?

Originally Posted by DJC
Hi,

I have had a few interested parties from around the Hemel area who want to arrange a get together soon (before we all head out to Aus).

Me and OH are off to Perth early November, so sometime over the next month or two would be great for us. Would love to meet others who are about to embark on their big adventure.

Anyone got any suggestions for venue that would be suitable for couples as well as those with kiddies?

I can reccomend the White Horse in Bourne End (good food, and has a nice grassy bit fenced off at the back for kids to run around in), but any suggestions welcome.

Cheers.

Debs
Hi Debs

Count us in then, thats 4 of us including the boys, 10 and 13. We dont mind your suggestion although never been there. I would suggest some time in early Sept would be good as can just get the last of the great weather and everyone should be back from hols, had a week to recuperate, sort kids etc and probaly need another beer. Failing the above the Moor Mill where we ahd previous meets is good but only if weather is as bar is a little small.

You do know that you will now have to buy an official ozzie glag to where!

Cheers

Mick
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

helenwilson will become famous soon enough

would love to meet up. Haven't applied for visa yet but hoping to go next September. Be 5 of us, myself, oh and 3 children, 15, 12 and 5.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:44 am
DJC
Forum Regular

DJC has a spectacular aura aboutDJC has a spectacular aura aboutDJC has a spectacular aura about

I was thinking maybe the w/end of the 15th/16th September. I would do the w/end before however our stuff is getting shipped that week, so we will be dead on our feet and seriously stressed that w/end.

Does this suit anyone/everyone?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DJC
I was thinking maybe the w/end of the 15th/16th September. I would do the w/end before however our stuff is getting shipped that week, so we will be dead on our feet and seriously stressed that w/end.

Does this suit anyone/everyone?
You`ll need a drink at this stage I`m thinking
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 2:58 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Hi Debs

Count us in then, thats 4 of us including the boys, 10 and 13. We dont mind your suggestion although never been there. I would suggest some time in early Sept would be good as can just get the last of the great weather and everyone should be back from hols, had a week to recuperate, sort kids etc and probaly need another beer. Failing the above the Moor Mill where we ahd previous meets is good but only if weather is as bar is a little small.

You do know that you will now have to buy an official ozzie glag to where!

Cheers

Mick
The Colney Fox might be a good venue.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 3:50 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Debs,

please count us in (Gina & Neil).

We were supposed to fly out to Perth at the start of August, but our house sale fell through the week we were supposed to exchange. A meet in September would cheer me up.

Gina
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

ozdreamer will become famous soon enoughozdreamer will become famous soon enough

Hi, can we join in as well, thats me (Amanda), OH (Graham) and two boys 13 and 10. We are hoping to head to Melbourne early 2008.

We are in Aylesbury but anywhere near Hemel would be good for us.

Early September would be good as the boys are away for part of August (the grandparents want to spend sometime with them before we leave!).
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Hi Debs,

please count us in (Gina & Neil).

We were supposed to fly out to Perth at the start of August, but our house sale fell through the week we were supposed to exchange. A meet in September would cheer me up.

Gina
Hi Gina

Was gonna says hows things, but sounds like a bit of a nightmare for you.

Keep at it and you`ll get there I`m sure.

Ozdreamer, as they say the more the merrier and my boys are the same age as yours so they`ll be able to kick the ball around together.

Mick
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

foreveryoung1 has a spectacular aura aboutforeveryoung1 has a spectacular aura aboutforeveryoung1 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Anyone in or near Hemel want to meet up?

Hi everyone

We have just posted a reply on the original thread so look forward to seeing you all. No children with us i'm afraid as they grew up.

Saw that Debs is shipping in Sept which is when ours will need to go. I know there is a shipping vessel leaving in a few days does anyone know what the shipping to Perth schedule is and who's the current favourite agency?
Old Jul 24th 2007, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

sue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DJC
Hi,

Cheers.

Debs
Hi everyone

a meet up would be great sep is fine for us our house has just fallen through too so really p***** off due to of gone end sep to perth, my husband knows all that area well just keep us informed, moor mill is really nice, but we dont mind well have 2 kids 5 and 14

sue and mick
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:39 am
DJC
Forum Regular

Many thanks to all who have replied.
15th or 16th Sept sounds like a promising w/end to go for.
Moor Mill is getting a bit of a mention here. Not sure where it is - can anyone shed some light please?
Is it easy to find?

Cheers.

Debs
Old Jul 25th 2007, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

foreveryoung1 has a spectacular aura aboutforeveryoung1 has a spectacular aura aboutforeveryoung1 has a spectacular aura about

Hi everyone, we have put those dates in our diary

I checked out the Moor Mill in Bricket Wood on the way back from work earlier & it looks a really nice place. It is a bit out of the way on the A5183 which is the St Albans to Radlett road, if you are heading south it is just past the M25 bridge turn right on Smug Oak Lane & it is about 400 mtrs on right. It has a pub with restaurant & hotel on site plus lots for kids by the look of things
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:32 am
DJC
Forum Regular

OK folks.
Seems like Moor Mill is quite popular. So we'll go for that then.

Any preference on which day, Saturday 15th or Sunday 16th Sept?

By that date I will be furnitureless and will just be glad to go somewhere that I can sit down in comfort.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

ozdreamer will become famous soon enoughozdreamer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DJC
OK folks.
Seems like Moor Mill is quite popular. So we'll go for that then.

Any preference on which day, Saturday 15th or Sunday 16th Sept?

By that date I will be furnitureless and will just be glad to go somewhere that I can sit down in comfort.
Hi

Sunday would be better for us as my boys both have karate lessons on a Saturday - mind you if it is the Saturday they will just have to miss the lesson

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.