Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone near Halls Head in Mandurah?

Anyone near Halls Head in Mandurah?

Old Dec 27th 2006, 3:08 am
Hoping to move to Perth

lynnexcel will become famous soon enoughlynnexcel will become famous soon enough
Default Anyone near Halls Head in Mandurah?

Hi All

Just wanted to introduce myself and family - we arrived in Mandurah two weeks ago and are loving it so far but finding it really hard to meet people.

My name is Lynn and my husband is called Scott - he is a roof tiler and therefore had no problem finding work but me and the kids are finding it quite hard to meet people. We have three kids Sean who is 12, Adam who is 10 and Emma who is 6. We came over from Edinburgh at the end of November and had a few days stopover in Dubai which was great and a needed break from the long flight!!

With the kids being off school we are running out of ideas of things to do other than the beach which I have been surprised how quiet they can be - not ideal if looking for a friendly face and even the local parks of which there are plenty have very few if an children playing in them!!

Anyone local who would like to meet up and give us some advice and have a chat would be most welcome.

Other than that so far we think the place is great and even though our container has been delayed and we have hardly any of our personal things we are still managing to see the positive side of life here. Only thing else that is missing is some company.

Look forward to any feedback.

Cheers

Lynn
Old Dec 27th 2006, 3:19 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone near Halls Head in Mandurah?

Hi Lynn,
I'm sure there will be a few other peeps on here that are in your neck of the woods.
If you fancy a drive you could try and come to the Hilary's meets on a thursday at 12pm. We are meeting in the Whitford Nodes park near the harbour. Just bring a picnic, chair or rug and the kids will be entertained for a few hours!
If you need any more details let me know.
Tracey
Old Dec 27th 2006, 4:48 am
Hoping to move to Perth

lynnexcel will become famous soon enoughlynnexcel will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Hi Lynn,
I'm sure there will be a few other peeps on here that are in your neck of the woods.
If you fancy a drive you could try and come to the Hilary's meets on a thursday at 12pm. We are meeting in the Whitford Nodes park near the harbour. Just bring a picnic, chair or rug and the kids will be entertained for a few hours!
If you need any more details let me know.
Tracey

Hi Tracey

thanks for that - I take it you meet most Thursdays. We actually have friends in Woodvale so I know roughly where you meet. We might just come along one Thursday.

Lynn
Old Dec 27th 2006, 6:32 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnexcel
Hi Tracey

thanks for that - I take it you meet most Thursdays. We actually have friends in Woodvale so I know roughly where you meet. We might just come along one Thursday.

Lynn

Hi Lynn,
We meet every thursday, not sure they will be meeting this thursday, but my friend and I will be going next thursday (4th)
Hope to see you there sometime!
Tracey
Old Dec 28th 2006, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Have returned your pm Lynn.

BBQ at my place tonight if you fancy it - ring me