Reload this Page >

Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

Old Sep 27th 2007, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

carolk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

Hi Trendsetter
I'm an Australian living in N. Ireland, thought not Belfast, and have not encountered any issues regarding religions other than the rubbish that the politicians spawn on television.

Most people have grown up since the Troubles, and the new generations are much more intergrated.

People have more of a sense of humour now, so they would more joke about sterotypes and all rather than abide by them.

Most job application forms have an extra form regarding equal opportunity, and you can choose to fill it out, or there's normally a box saying "other" instead of a religion or a race.

N. Ireland is a great place (mind you, I live out in the countryside, so it's beautiful!), and you will really enjoy your time here. It's so close to the rest of Europe which is excellent if you like travelling, and you can have weekends away and day trip down into the Republic. Although you'll have to look into visa restrictions for that!!

Hope this helps, Carol.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Elaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really nice

Trendsetter

You have an Irish name speak with an Ozzie accent and look like an Italian

I'm sure you will blend in somewhere

Elaine
Old Sep 27th 2007, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

charmed will become famous soon enoughcharmed will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

We love accents in this country and I know the N. Ireland people will welcome you with open arms. It does not matter what religion you are when you come with your Australian accent. Dont worry about your name either it will not affect the people you work with.

We are warm friendly country and not all narrow minded like your car salesman. Bit tip is dont do politics as I personally would never express what I think of the goings on in public..

You will love it here and bring lots of warm clothes as its soooooooo cold.

Good luck and enjoy the experience..
Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:10 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trendsetter
Brisvegas123, How are you liking Manly? Have you experienced a Brissy summer yet? It probably won't be too bad out there as you'll get the breezes.

I remember ending up out at Manly one night after accidentally getting on the express train from the city.

I was living at Annerley at the time, which is only a couple of stops from the city, hopped up to get off at Dutton Park and the train went straight through the station and didnt stop until Manly. I then had to get the train all the way back to the city and back to Annerley again. Nightmare! That is my memory of Manly. :curse:
Dear trendsetter

I am an Southern Irish catholic living in East Belfast. I have never been even questioned , you will be fine I have a mate here from North Sydney as well and he is also fine.

Feel free to pm me if you have any doubts on an area. As like Sydney we have dodgy areas like Redfern.

In short you will be sweet , enjoy your trip
Old Sep 28th 2007, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

OMG .... OMG OMG OMG
WE GOT IT
SHAKING HERE AND CANT BELIEVE IT....

EVEN CRYED LOL..

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND LISTENING TO ME MOANING XXX

YOUR ALL BRILL

JOY YEA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old Sep 28th 2007, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by charmed
OMG .... OMG OMG OMG
WE GOT IT

EVEN CRYED LOL..

YOUR ALL BRILL

Old Sep 28th 2007, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

OMG .... OMG OMG OMG
WE GOT IT

EVEN CRYED LOL..

YOUR ALL BRILL

CONGRATULATIONS

Hope everything works out well
Old Sep 28th 2007, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

BoredinBelfast is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG .... OMG OMG OMG
WE GOT IT

EVEN CRYED LOL..

YOUR ALL BRILL

Congratulations - lets hope they are looking at all NI applicants this week LoL!! Best of Luck, BiB
Old Sep 28th 2007, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

the4macs is an unknown quantity at this point

CONGRATULATIONS

Andrea
Old Sep 28th 2007, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Shanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really nice

Well done,how long did it take?
Old Sep 29th 2007, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Hi All

I'm new to this site and not sure what to say..........just thought I would say hello to everyone from Northern Ireland.
My husband and I are from Ballymena and received a positive trades assessment as a childcare coordinator on monday 24th Sept, as you can imagine we were over the moon.
We are now just trying to get everything sorted with our visa. Working closely with our visa lawyer. No idea how long this will take.
We havent got our house on the market yet prob leave it to the new year just going be patient well at least try to be patient while visa get processed.
Heading to perth so if anyone has any recommendations as to where to buy would be great

Any comments or advice greatly received
Looking forward to hearing from others soon.

nadine and darren
Old Sep 29th 2007, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shanaghy
Well done,how long did it take?
tra passed January
Ack March DIMC
meds received 13th July
visa grant 28th October (7 months from acknowledgement)

Hi nadine and darren, we are heading to Perth also on 9th November. We are going to live south for the river. (we think lol) .. We are just going to drive around and see what area we like when we get there.

Welcome to the Northern Ireland thread they are all brill on here and good luck with your visa.
Joy
Old Sep 30th 2007, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Thanks for the reply to our thread. Congratulations on getting everything finalised and sorted. We only wish we were at that stage.

We got a postive trades assesment last mon 24th sept and we were over the moon but now im wishing the visa was passed.
It is such a long process and you really need lots of patience.

What areas south of the river are you thinking about staying in?

I was in Perth for 6 months in 2000 and knew then that I would be back again My husband and I went out in Dec last year and he loved at as much as I did, so here is hoping that the visa works out for us.

Hope to hear from you soon

Nadine and Darren
Old Oct 1st 2007, 3:00 am
Just Joined

brizvegas123 is an unknown quantity at this point

LOOK AT THIS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/n...nd/7017667.stm

is it anywonder i moved from North West NI to Brisbane - believe me shallow as it may sound the good weather here is a big enough reason to get out of NI
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

LeahMcA27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

my hubby recently got a fab offer to work in OZ Adelaide (visa's, healthcare etc.. all sorted out by the employer) we just have to make the decison whether to go or not, if we go we could be out there by december? I am currently living in Belfast, we visited Adelaide in June of this year (chilly) and it did'nt grab us enough to leave family, friends and the life we have built here, however, i don't feel content either in forgetting about this fab opportunity because i imagine Adelaide in the summer months could be a different experience and lifestyle all together!! Everyone who has commented on this site seems to be very upbeat and excited about the move!!! can you let me know how you dealt with the decison to leaving family? I am also very worried about using our savings to fund the move, and then if we decide to return home we will be worse off financially! Can anyone advise how they rationalised this? Did anyone else run hot and cold with the idea of moving to OZ!!! We have been debating this since June and i am getting so frustrated with it. :curse:any advice would be appreciated..... anyone else from here moving to Adelaide??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.