Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone Moving to Sydney This Year? 2007

Anyone Moving to Sydney This Year? 2007

Old May 4th 2007, 11:05 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone Moving to Sydney This Year? 2007

Hi, We are Clare and Alan.

We are a childless youngish couple 40 and 36 Respectively.

We are going to move to Sydney in August on the 17th and would like to know if anyone else is in the same boat as us.

Most people moving already have families and i was wondering if there are any singles/couples moving over this year too.

We dont mind if you have kids, the more the merrier please as like everyone else we need all the new friends we can muster!

Al
Old May 4th 2007, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone Moving to Sydney This Year? 2007

Sorry,not what your looking for,pretty old but have been in Sydney a very long time. Wonderful city and am sure you will love it and make friends reasonably easily. Which part are you heading to?
Old May 4th 2007, 11:50 am
Greetings Traveller

JustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to all

Hi,
We are moving to South Sydney prob in August, mid 30s currently childless but taking the opportunity of having a complete upheaval to try starting a family at the same time. It means I don't have to faff around trying to get a job If it works, fingers crossed.

There seem to be quite a few Sydney meets going on in the meet ups thread - maybe see you at one later

There was a thread here you may be interested in http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446326
Old May 4th 2007, 12:20 pm
Banned

alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gibbo
Sorry,not what your looking for,pretty old but have been in Sydney a very long time. Wonderful city and am sure you will love it and make friends reasonably easily. Which part are you heading to?
Thanks mate, probably Balmain area to "live it up" a little before we decide whats best for us. We are probably heading there for 6 months and then we will see if its poss to put down roots, if not then we will look elsewhere (prob brissie) we will wait and see on arrival though

Where do you live and whats it like.

Thanks alot

Al
Old May 4th 2007, 12:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by JustBecause
Hi,
We are moving to South Sydney prob in August, mid 30s currently childless but taking the opportunity of having a complete upheaval to try starting a family at the same time. It means I don't have to faff around trying to get a job If it works, fingers crossed.

There seem to be quite a few Sydney meets going on in the meet ups thread - maybe see you at one later

There was a thread here you may be interested in http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446326
Us too after 6 months of fun. We will throw away the pilss and see what happens as clare is no spring chick as far as eggs left go and ive ate alot of polo mints in my youth LOL (steric acid in them makes you sterile after eating thousands of packets) so we will wait AND see.

Where abouts south sydney are ytou choosing and why.

Al.
Old May 4th 2007, 4:40 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

We are hoping to be moving to Sydney in August too. We have two girls 9&13.
Hoping to be in the hills district not sure yet.
Old May 4th 2007, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Hi. We land in Sydney on 29th June (we're spending some time in Singapore and Thailand on the way). We probably have far too many kids for you to bother with though (3, aged 13, 8 and 4). I'm very jealous of you living in Balmain - gorgeous place - doesn't really meet our needs though. At the moment we're thinking that we'll end up Wahroonga/St. Ives direction (upper North Shore), but who knows. Am happy to keep in touch - you can never have to many people to meet for a beer and the joy of a large age gap between kids means we have our own built-in babysitter!

Martha
Old May 4th 2007, 6:12 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

We will be out there towards the end of the year hopefully.

no kids, early 30's, but we have the nutties pair of dogs (Boxers)

Deffo heading for Sydney, but not sure where
Old May 4th 2007, 11:34 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Rosscarbery
Hi. We land in Sydney on 29th June (we're spending some time in Singapore and Thailand on the way). We probably have far too many kids for you to bother with though (3, aged 13, 8 and 4). I'm very jealous of you living in Balmain - gorgeous place - doesn't really meet our needs though. At the moment we're thinking that we'll end up Wahroonga/St. Ives direction (upper North Shore), but who knows. Am happy to keep in touch - you can never have to many people to meet for a beer and the joy of a large age gap between kids means we have our own built-in babysitter!

Martha

Hi Martha

Balmain is not a reality for us just our way of luxury for 6 months of enjoying ourselves before growing up (just a little)

I dont want to work too hard, just enough for beer and bills!

Why st.ives? Family or have you been there before. I like other peoples views on areas as we are not set on anyhting til we get there.

NOTHING is planned bt we are armed with alot of info after having a visa for 3 years and not being in oz due to Clare being unwell. She is fighting fit now and we are ready for the off, wish i could go tomorrow but its the Manchester Derby and i wouldnt miss it for the world.

We are flying on 17th August. When is everyone else. We are flying out of manchester with singapore air.

Al
Old May 4th 2007, 11:37 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by MarkMC
We will be out there towards the end of the year hopefully.

no kids, early 30's, but we have the nutties pair of dogs (Boxers)

Deffo heading for Sydney, but not sure where
We will keep the barbie alight for you then mate.

Keep in touch.

What trade are you in or whats your visa your applying for. Im gonna try and get some expat co-operative going if i can.

Im a barber and have my own shop at the mo and will be looking for another one when i get there. Free haircuts for other tradie favours.

Al

Al
Old May 4th 2007, 11:44 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by LisaD_uk
We are hoping to be moving to Sydney in August too. We have two girls 9&13.
Hoping to be in the hills district not sure yet.
Hi,

When are you leaving?

We are going from mancheter 17th August via thailand and bkk for 10 days.

al
Old May 5th 2007, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

Lilywhite is an unknown quantity at this point

We're hopefully heading over to the Hills district in October. Two kids (boy 14 and girl 11). Planning going slowly but managed to use up my Tesco vouchers and airmiles by booking a holiday to Eurodisney . I'm sure there are bigger priorities!
Old May 5th 2007, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Originally Reading - now the Beautiful Central Coast!
MurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really nice

Hello

We're going to Sydney at the end of July - we're aged 42 and 39 with two kids who will be 13 and 8 by the time we get there. We're probably heading to Central Coast though as love it up there! Although know Sydney well. I'll be travelling every day to the City for the first few months while OH gets himself sorted and we agreed that one of us will stay at home for the kids to help them settle.

Tracy
Old May 7th 2007, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

We got here last week - he's 40, I'm 38, no kids - not grown up enough to look after ourselves let alone anyone else. We're living right in the CBD for six months until I get that out of my system (I've been in NZ for 5 years, I need life around me again) - then who knows.
Old May 7th 2007, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by alkristensen
Hi, We are Clare and Alan.

We are a childless youngish couple 40 and 36 Respectively.

We are going to move to Sydney in August on the 17th and would like to know if anyone else is in the same boat as us.

Most people moving already have families and i was wondering if there are any singles/couples moving over this year too.

We dont mind if you have kids, the more the merrier please as like everyone else we need all the new friends we can muster!

Al
Hi,
IF all goes well with house sale..... we are flying out to Sydney in August.
I dont think you want to go clubbing with me and my OH though....we are early retired!
We are also ..near Manchester - A-u-L actually.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.