Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone moving to the sunshine coast

anyone moving to the sunshine coast

Old Aug 11th 2005, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

cazz is on a distinguished road
Default anyone moving to the sunshine coast

We have been here in Buderim since feb this year it's fantastic and we are loving it can't believe it can be soooooooo beautiful in winter.

My hubby is now working in real estate with Ray White in Buderim he has got to know the area really well, so if anyone out there wants any info on the area or the housing market in Buderim, Kawana, Mooloolaba or Marochydore etc fireaway or pm me.

Cazz
Old Aug 11th 2005, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

greggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: anyone moving to the sunshine coast

Hi Cazz

I am moving to Brisbane in the near future with my family, we are awaiting the big ask for the money from Dimia to finnish off our visa. Going to stay in Ferny Grove(Northern Suburbs) with my sister for a while but like the look of the Sunshine Coast. I am an aircraft engineer by trade do you know of any possible jobs in the area. Also any info on schools as we have a 3 year old daughter. Look forward to your reply.

Mark & Jo
Old Aug 11th 2005, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Hi

I have just been looking at the buderim website, the beaches look fantastic.

Out of interest though how big are the main towns? could you maybe give an english town size equivalent?

My husband is in sales and Im a mortgage advisor? Is this sort of work readlily available on the sunshine coast?

Also are there plenty of restaurants and things to do other than enjoy the fantastic beaches of course?

Thanks

Laura
Old Aug 11th 2005, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by greggsy
Hi Cazz

I am moving to Brisbane in the near future with my family, we are awaiting the big ask for the money from Dimia to finnish off our visa. Going to stay in Ferny Grove(Northern Suburbs) with my sister for a while but like the look of the Sunshine Coast. I am an aircraft engineer by trade do you know of any possible jobs in the area. Also any info on schools as we have a 3 year old daughter. Look forward to your reply.

Mark & Jo
Hi Mark & Jo,
I don't know anything about jobs for an aircraft engineer but have just had a quick look in yellow pages and seen qld institute for aviation engineering you could do a search on net or tel 07 5437 2722 there is also brisbane airport and sunshine coast airport at Mudjimba.
The standard of the schools around Buderim is high from what I hear the primary school in the centre of buderim, Mountain Creek school and the new school at Chancellor Park all have very good reputations.
hope you hear from Dimia soon.

Cazz
Old Aug 11th 2005, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lawlaw
Hi

I have just been looking at the buderim website, the beaches look fantastic.

Out of interest though how big are the main towns? could you maybe give an english town size equivalent?

My husband is in sales and Im a mortgage advisor? Is this sort of work readlily available on the sunshine coast?

Also are there plenty of restaurants and things to do other than enjoy the fantastic beaches of course?

Thanks

Laura
Hi Laura,
Yes the beaches are fantastic and the restaurants are amazing, the only problem I find is deciding which one to try next!!! We are eating out soooooo much,last night it was thai.
Marochydore is the main shopping and commercial centre and the Plaza shopping centre has everything, a girl who likes shopping will love the plaza. There are also lovely individual boutique shops in mooloolaba. As for the size of the town it is really hard to compare to anywhere but Buderim has a small village feel to it with a lot of character, it is only 10 mins drive away from either the beaches or the shops.
Work shouldn't be a problem the whole area is booming and work in sales and financial services shouldn't be a problem, and incidently the mortgage advisor at Ray white is going on maternity leave soon!!
Have you got your visa's yet and when do you plan on coming to oz?

Cazz
Old Aug 11th 2005, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cazz
Hi Laura,
Yes the beaches are fantastic and the restaurants are amazing, the only problem I find is deciding which one to try next!!! We are eating out soooooo much,last night it was thai.
Marochydore is the main shopping and commercial centre and the Plaza shopping centre has everything, a girl who likes shopping will love the plaza. There are also lovely individual boutique shops in mooloolaba. As for the size of the town it is really hard to compare to anywhere but Buderim has a small village feel to it with a lot of character, it is only 10 mins drive away from either the beaches or the shops.
Work shouldn't be a problem the whole area is booming and work in sales and financial services shouldn't be a problem, and incidently the mortgage advisor at Ray white is going on maternity leave soon!!
Have you got your visa's yet and when do you plan on coming to oz?

Cazz
HI Cazz

Thanks very much for this, hadnt really considered the sunshine coast, were planning on Brisbane but this sounds fantastic.

I was born in aus and have citizenship so its just my husband applying for the spouse visa. Were in the process of sorting that out at the mo, but apparently it doesnt take very long for the spouse one. Were aiming for the first week in may, 8 months 3 weeks to go YEY!
Old Aug 11th 2005, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Buttercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to all

HI Cazz

Thanks very much for this, hadnt really considered the sunshine coast, were planning on Brisbane but this sounds fantastic.

I was born in aus and have citizenship so its just my husband applying for the spouse visa. Were in the process of sorting that out at the mo, but apparently it doesnt take very long for the spouse one. Were aiming for the first week in may, 8 months 3 weeks to go YEY!
Hi Cazz,
We are moving to Caloundra to stay with inlaws until we find a place to buy. Hopefully out there before xmas.Not sure what area's to look at. A friend bought a place in kawana forest, sounds nice. Plus i have a little 2 year old so would like to be by the beach and playgroups.

Also Laura,
I am in the process of applying for Spouse visa as my hubby is an australian citizen ( Kiwi who finished school in Oz). Do you know how long it takes, seems like i've been waitin for an age.

Butter xx
Old Aug 11th 2005, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Buttercup
Hi Cazz,
We are moving to Caloundra to stay with inlaws until we find a place to buy. Hopefully out there before xmas.Not sure what area's to look at. A friend bought a place in kawana forest, sounds nice. Plus i have a little 2 year old so would like to be by the beach and playgroups.

Also Laura,
I am in the process of applying for Spouse visa as my hubby is an australian citizen ( Kiwi who finished school in Oz). Do you know how long it takes, seems like i've been waitin for an age.

Butter xx
Hi Butter

What stage are you at? We are just gathering everything together, my hubby has sent off for police checks and is having his meds on 1st september. We are frontloading the app but apparently it only takes a couple of months.
Old Aug 11th 2005, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Buttercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to all

Hi Butter

What stage are you at? We are just gathering everything together, my hubby has sent off for police checks and is having his meds on 1st september. We are frontloading the app but apparently it only takes a couple of months.
Well if only that were true . We applied in mid April and then had meds done mid May. then partner asked for uk police checks (took 30 days) then he was asked for Aussie police checks ( roughly takes 40 days) Still waiting to get police checks back , should be back by 23rd of this month. Then wait and see. Hoping to get out there by mid / end Nov so can have xmas. But not to sure.

My mate got her spouse visa done in Czech republic and took 2 weeks !!!!
Old Aug 11th 2005, 2:50 pm

Shelley29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We are hoping to settle in Buderim as soon as the house is sold. Sunshine Coast looks fantastic although we haven't visited. Will be coming out to validate in Oct if house is still not sold so will check out the area then.

Hubby is an electrician by trade but is a manager in the UK. I'm at home entertaining the kids (boy 6 - girl 2.5)

Perhaps we could all meet up for a drink one day!

Shelley x
Old Aug 11th 2005, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Cazz,

Butter xx
Hi Butter
There are so many lovely places with new developements being built all the time, obviously the nearer the beach you are the more expensive the properties get. Do you want to be a walkable distance from the beach or say a 10 minute drive? Playgroups are also popping up all over so there shouldn't be a problem finding one near to where you settle. Fantastic place to bring up a family wish we had come earlier.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

greggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Re: anyone moving to the sunshine coast

Originally Posted by cazz
Hi Mark & Jo,
I don't know anything about jobs for an aircraft engineer but have just had a quick look in yellow pages and seen qld institute for aviation engineering you could do a search on net or tel 07 5437 2722 there is also brisbane airport and sunshine coast airport at Mudjimba.
The standard of the schools around Buderim is high from what I hear the primary school in the centre of buderim, Mountain Creek school and the new school at Chancellor Park all have very good reputations.
hope you hear from Dimia soon.

Cazz
Hi Cazz

Thanks for the reply turned out really helpfull as the aviation company have an open day in September so i am sending my sister down to drop off a few CV's for me. Will definately check out Sunshine coast, how long does it take to get from there to Brisbane airport if i were to commute.

Cheers
Mark
Old Aug 12th 2005, 10:05 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Well if only that were true . We applied in mid April and then had meds done mid May. then partner asked for uk police checks (took 30 days) then he was asked for Aussie police checks ( roughly takes 40 days) Still waiting to get police checks back , should be back by 23rd of this month. Then wait and see. Hoping to get out there by mid / end Nov so can have xmas. But not to sure.

My mate got her spouse visa done in Czech republic and took 2 weeks !!!!
sorry to hijack the thread but i have been waiting for about 40 days for my Aus police checks - the form you fill says dont contact them before 30 days - cutting a long story short their website says 10 days, anyway they are sending me another copy of it - morale of the story - chase em !!!
Old Aug 12th 2005, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cazz

We've pm'd a few times we are off on Thursday and will come up to Sunshine to have a look at some stage.

Thanks for your help

Sue