Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone moving in oct/nov 2010 ?

Anyone moving in oct/nov 2010 ?

Old Aug 1st 2010, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

asifnasim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone moving in oct/nov 2010 ?

Got my pre-grant letter on 29 Jul 2010 . I am really thankful to every one for their help and support.

i hope things for me will be finalized by mid of august. is any body moving to australia in ocotober/november or earlier ? As far as jobs are concerned, is this the right time to move or it is better to move in next year jan ?

I am sr. software developer, C#/.Net, with around 7 years experience.

Any thoughts ?

regards

Last edited by asifnasim; Aug 1st 2010 at 4:54 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

kellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Anyone moving in oct/nov 2010 ?

All things being equal, we will be moving to Townsville in October. No time like the present.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Anyone moving in oct/nov 2010 ?

kellz, have u arranged job before moving or will u do searching down under ?
i heard that jobs comes at slower rate towards year end due to christmas. what do u think ?
Old Aug 1st 2010, 10:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asifnasim
kellz, have u arranged job before moving or will u do searching down under ?
i heard that jobs comes at slower rate towards year end due to christmas. what do u think ?
I have read many times that the job markets will slow down near Christmas. You might be ok in November, but I would avoid December / early January if you are hoping to get straight down to job hunting.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

kellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Anyone moving in oct/nov 2010 ?

I am going to be looking for a job once I arrive but am already applying through agencies and online. I don't have the skills that you do so there may be more available in my field of anything going if you see what I mean. I am moving so soon because my husband wants to go home and I am hunting now because the first one to get a job doesn't have to stay home with the children

Best of luck in your search and I hope something crops up soon.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

You a bit ahead of me, I wont be moving until early February 2011 (assuming that the hosue exchange set for a few weeks all goes through )
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 9:19 am
Just Joined

thanks.

i think i m sure enough to move in start of October. hope that job market will not be that slow.

best wishes

regards