Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone moving/moved to Townsville?

Anyone moving/moved to Townsville?

Old Mar 16th 2004, 9:48 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all
Default Anyone moving/moved to Townsville?

Just interested as we are moving there in June and it would be nice to meet up with anyone else who's there. I'm a nurse/midwife so the thought of a new hospital also fills me with butterflies...
Old Mar 16th 2004, 9:50 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone moving/moved to Townsville?

Originally posted by rob&lucy
Just interested as we are moving there in June and it would be nice to meet up with anyone else who's there. I'm a nurse/midwife so the thought of a new hospital also fills me with butterflies...
There have been a couple of recent threads about Townsvilee.Have you tried a search?

G
Old Mar 16th 2004, 9:59 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

Originally posted by Grayling
There have been a couple of recent threads about Townsvilee.Have you tried a search?

G
Yep but not from anyone who's actually said they're going there. It runs along the thread of 'why are you going there it's....' Plus a couple of the threads were from us about different stuff.
Old Mar 16th 2004, 10:14 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Yep but not from anyone who's actually said they're going there. It runs along the thread of 'why are you going there it's....' Plus a couple of the threads were from us about different stuff.
Oooops!!
Didn't realise it was you who had posted recently

Good luck

G
Old Mar 17th 2004, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Natbat is an unknown quantity at this point

I love Townsville and we too would be moving there in June but Andy my partner is going to start an apprenticeship with his Father in Cairns, so we have decided to live there. However, we will be fritting from Cairns to Townsville on a very regular basis as we have lots of friends there and shall be attending a wedding on Maggie Island in September of friends who live in Townsville (he is based in the Army there). My partner also used to be posted there but he discharged to come to the Uk and be with me (bless).

If it helps, you should find everyone very friendly there and very welcoming. I used to work at a hotel in Townsville and a lady I worked with put me and my friend up for three or four weeks after knowing us for only about three weeks. So I don't think you will have any problems atal meeting people.

I know some good places to go of an evening for food and booze if you would like to know. Send me a PM if you like

Good luck bye for now

Nat
Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

sunshine&sand is an unknown quantity at this point

Whats the job scene like, is there much work there?. We'd love to move there but not sure whether I will find anything to pay the bills. I'm a packaging designer and dont expect to get anything like that but willing to try anything.
Whats my chances of a half decent paid job then? Its the only thing holding me back from making the move.:scared: :scared:
Old Jun 11th 2004, 10:57 pm
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, we moved to Saunders Beach (15 minutes north of Townsville) about 2 weeks ago. If you still have any questions please get in touch.

Lee & Clare.
(www.ozdiary.com)
Old Jun 12th 2004, 11:24 am
Melbourne, St Kilda

joninoxford will become famous soon enough

We moved to Townsville, North Ward 4 weeks ago. North Ward is the nicest suburb we believe, right near the stunning sea front "The Strand" and yet still affordable (paying $240/ week for a house with big garden & 2 bedrooms). My Aussie girlfriend is working at James Cook University, and I am still looking for a job. I was hoping for Environmental work as that is my background but it looks like I am going to have just to try anything as the job scene is fairly slow (but not impossible of course). Technical jobs are mainly with the Uni or hosiptal, but there is lots of trade jobs going and building work. It is too far to commute daily to Cairns (heard someone on here thinking about that!). Townsville is very nice though, very laid back and largely undiscovered by the masses. People in Melbourne and Sydney think you are mad when you say you are moving to Townsville, but they usually have never been. Tropical Island life is only 15 minutes on a ferry away, the dry season climate is fantastic and property is much cheaper than the capital cities. Just don't expect to be able to work in to a high flying job - just relax and enjoy the experience seems the attitude from those living here!
Email me if anybody is already living there too or wants any questions answered [email protected]