Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone moving from Lincs (Humberside) to WA ?

Anyone moving from Lincs (Humberside) to WA ?

Old Jan 25th 2008, 1:56 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone moving from Lincs (Humberside) to WA ?

unfortunately i'm still here having been delayed by a few months with meds still waiting for a yes or no any day now I hope
Old Jan 25th 2008, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by wardy2
unfortunately i'm still here having been delayed by a few months with meds still waiting for a yes or no any day now I hope
dont worry it will come, i had same wait after having really high BP and then having to do all the extra tests and then wait. Had medical in April, tests till August decision in October
Old Jan 25th 2008, 2:03 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dwaindibley
dont worry it will come, i had same wait after having really high BP and then having to do all the extra tests and then wait. Had medical in April, tests till August decision in October
same as hubby he had to do an emergency heart scan 196/156 nobody bothered to tell him despite it being that reading 6 years ago thought it was white coat syndrome so didnt follow it up.

Meds cleared beginning of december then faced dependency issues about eldest son who is 18 now we are waiting.

Are you still in Beverley nice place my brother lives there.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by wardy2
same as hubby he had to do an emergency heart scan 196/156 nobody bothered to tell him despite it being that reading 6 years ago thought it was white coat syndrome so didnt follow it up.

Meds cleared beginning of december then faced dependency issues about eldest son who is 18 now we are waiting.

Are you still in Beverley nice place my brother lives there.
Yes still in beverley trying to sell the house but will be in oz for 3 weeks next month
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:30 am
Just Joined

Lenn0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Anyone moving from Lincs (Humberside) to WA ?

Hi all, Im from the grimsby area and looking towards Perth this time next year. Im just getting some info on which type of visa i can get in on as my occupation is not on the SOL list. Which agency did you guys use, none local I assume?

Cheers
Rob
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:47 am
aka DORIS

We used overseas emigration in Edinburgh they have been great.

Most stuff is done by internet with agents so actually no need to meet them but we chose to.

Kaye
Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

Lenn0n is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Kay, I assume its nice and sunny where you are, its forecast blizzards here over the next few days.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:12 pm
aka DORIS

Unfortunately not still in the UK I live in Newcastle hope to be there in next few months
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

DARRENG487 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI, WE ARE PLANNING TO GO TO OZ AT CHRISTMAS TO CHECK OUT PLACES ECT. HAVE YOU APPLIED FOR A VISA YET? WE HAVE 3 BOYS AND LIVE IN HUMBERSTON. WERE STILL NOT SURE WHERE WE WOULD LIKE TO GO EITHER PERTH OR SUNSHINE COAST QUUENSLAND. THINK WE ARE MORE DRAWN TO SUNSHINE COAST AT THE MOMENT THOUGH. CHEERS
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

HI ROB, WE USED THINKING AUSTRALIA AS OUR AGENTS.. STILL WAITING FOR OUR VISAS. APPLIED LAST JULY. WE HAVE BEEN TO A SEMINAR IN BIRMINGHAM WHICH CAN HELP ALOT.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:00 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Cool Re: Anyone moving from Lincs (Humberside) to WA ?

Originally Posted by GTFC
Hi my OH and i are looking to move towards then end of this year/start of next. Wondering if anyone from our area is doing the same and fancies meeting for a drink and chat ??
LOL How is sunny cleethorpes these days? I am originally from Scunthorpe and used to spend a lot of time in Cleethorpes during my younger days. Good Luck on your move to Western Australia.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

HI, YOUR NOT MISSING MUCH IN CLEETHORPES. WEATHER IS AWFUL AT THE MOMENT. FORECAST SNOW.TO BE FARE CLEETHORPES IS PROBABLY THE AREA THAT IS TRYING TO MAKE AN EFFORT. ALOT OF APARTMENTS HAVE NOW BEEN BUILT FACING THE SEA FRONT. YOU MIGHT REMEMBER THE WINTER GARDENS. THAT HAS JUST BEEN DEMOLISHED READY FOR MORE NEW APARTMENTS. THEY ARE VERY EXPENSIVE. THINK ITS DUE TO SUCH A LOVELY VIEW (LOL).THINK YOUR MUCH BETTER OFF WHERE YOU ARE.!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:52 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Anyone moving from Lincs (Humberside) to WA ?

Originally Posted by DARRENG487
HI, YOUR NOT MISSING MUCH IN CLEETHORPES. WEATHER IS AWFUL AT THE MOMENT. FORECAST SNOW.TO BE FARE CLEETHORPES IS PROBABLY THE AREA THAT IS TRYING TO MAKE AN EFFORT. ALOT OF APARTMENTS HAVE NOW BEEN BUILT FACING THE SEA FRONT. YOU MIGHT REMEMBER THE WINTER GARDENS. THAT HAS JUST BEEN DEMOLISHED READY FOR MORE NEW APARTMENTS. THEY ARE VERY EXPENSIVE. THINK ITS DUE TO SUCH A LOVELY VIEW (LOL).THINK YOUR MUCH BETTER OFF WHERE YOU ARE.!
Yeah I remember the Winter Gardens, that was demolished? WOW!! You turn your head away for 5 minutes and they demolishing the bloody place. Are the new apartments private ones or council places?

Florida is nice right now, we are entering Spring, and the temperatures are going up. This time of year is great, not too hot unlike summer when you need a bottle a water ever 5 steps to survive lol
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:13 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
LOL How is sunny cleethorpes these days? I am originally from Scunthorpe and used to spend a lot of time in Cleethorpes during my younger days. Good Luck on your move to Western Australia.
Hi, Kingfisher, I see your account is deleted but I'm sure you'll see this sometime. My DH is from Barton and I've actually been to Scunny....I have bad memories of it though. Hope your account was deleted by yourself and not an admin.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:27 am
Just Joined

mrs pixie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all , i am from the brigg area moved to the adelaide hills end of dec , loving it here and nice to hear others from back home coming to oz too . Is any one around this area , great place to be Jo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.