Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone Moving to Brisbane from the East Midlands?

Anyone Moving to Brisbane from the East Midlands?

Old Mar 7th 2006, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

justinehelen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone Moving to Brisbane from the East Midlands?

Hello everybody
We,(me, my husband and 2 children) are moving to Brissy in August this year from Leicester and were wondering if there are any meet ups arranged in the East Midlands area. If not would anyone out there be interested in meeting up to compare notes and have a general chit chat - and a drink of course!
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone Moving to Brisbane from the East Midlands?

Originally Posted by justinehelen
Hello everybody
We,(me, my husband and 2 children) are moving to Brissy in August this year from Leicester and were wondering if there are any meet ups arranged in the East Midlands area. If not would anyone out there be interested in meeting up to compare notes and have a general chit chat - and a drink of course!

Hi

We are in coventry and are going to bris early oct and have a 5 half year old. How old are your two?

Tracey
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

Hi Tracey

Thanks for your reply. My two will be 3 and 1 1/2 when we go in early August. That's funny you are from Cov, I am originally from there. Let me know if you fancy meeting up sometime before August. Justine
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Jempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to all

Hello everybody
Hi
We were given this link last night-might help
http://www.abcdiamond.com/brisbane/

Aly
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice

Hi Tracey

Thanks for your reply. My two will be 3 and 1 1/2 when we go in early August. That's funny you are from Cov, I am originally from there. Let me know if you fancy meeting up sometime before August. Justine
Yeah that would be great where in cov you from we are in allesley park. My hubby wants to know what your hubby does and what visa you going to oz on. Sorry for all the questions.

Tracey
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

Hi Tracey

I am from Mount Nod in Cov. My hubby is a teacher although he's not keen on teaching so he may not do that in Oz. I am a nurse so we are both hoping to work part time. He says he will do anything, maybe call centre work. Our visa is a bit complicated. I got an independent skilled a while back and managed to get a resident return visa as my sister is in Oz. Hubby and children have got a spouse visa. What do you both do for jobs and have you any idea yet of areas in Brissy you may live in?

Justine
Old Mar 7th 2006, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Tracey

I am from Mount Nod in Cov. My hubby is a teacher although he's not keen on teaching so he may not do that in Oz. I am a nurse so we are both hoping to work part time. He says he will do anything, maybe call centre work. Our visa is a bit complicated. I got an independent skilled a while back and managed to get a resident return visa as my sister is in Oz. Hubby and children have got a spouse visa. What do you both do for jobs and have you any idea yet of areas in Brissy you may live in?

Justine
My hubby works for Balfour Beatty as a designer, me i work at morrisons as a supervisor.....i am a northside girl so am looking at moving back to Redcliffe, Warner, Sangate etc. Anywhere northside really, roll on sunshine.

Our visa is almost ready for submission fingers crossed eh?

Tracey
Old Mar 7th 2006, 9:23 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracey

Justine
Wierd coincidence! I'm from Leicester, and am planning to head off later this year. I'm also a teacher, and I'm not that keen on it either! I have a sk ind 136, with 2 1/2 years left, but have been faffing around trying to sell my house and sort out my student loan for the last year.

Certainly up for a meet if you fancy it - Im living (temporarily) just off of Aylestone road. Also, a friend that I trained with lives in Birstall, and they are going to Adelaide in the summer.

What exactly is it about the Midlands that forces people to flee to the other side of the world?

S
Old Mar 7th 2006, 9:51 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

The Nottingham and Derby crowd have a pretty regular meet up i'm sure they wouldnt mind a few more popping along for the night if you didnt mind a drive. The last one was in Nottingham so the next will probably be for Derby.

I think Salsa organises the meets so if your interested drop a PM?

Do a search on the forum for Nootingham or Derby meetings for previous threads.

cheers
TT (Nottingham boy exiled in Brisbane)

Hello everybody
Old Mar 7th 2006, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

Jempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to all

Hello everybody

Sorry misread thought you were looking at the Aussie side

Aly